St. Finn Parish

War Stories

I went to the Dallas Comic Con yesterday. It was pretty good I got to meet my favorite Bat-Artist Norm Breyfogle and Tim Bradstreet was there again this year. This makes the second time I got to meet him. So I was just wanting to read some of everybodys favorite or not so favorite comic con stories. Do tell.

Jock wandering up to myself and James in the Irish bar at the London Con, taking our drink order, returning with same and then disappearing off into the night with some very nice parting words about the site.

Going for a slash in said bar and returning to find that Sean Phillips had just walked past the window by which James and Ade had been sitting.

Chas winning Best Supporting Character at the Eagle Awards and Mike coming down to us for a quick chat afterwards (and nearly losing my MP3 player that very same night but for the intervention of the biggest man I've ever seen in the flesh). :biggrin:

Ade's Hellblazer London Tour is always worth a mention.

Chas winning Best Supporting Character at the Eagle Awards and Mike coming down to us for a quick chat afterwards (and nearly losing my MP3 player that very same night but for the intervention of the biggest man I've ever seen in the flesh). :biggrin:

This sounds like a story that needs to be told, eh?

its been told more than once :biggrin: i was there, basically John dropped his gargantuan mp3 player on the floor and hadnt noticed for a few minutes when this guy, a Conan type, with bulging muscles who was possibly the only man on earth who could lift the thing, handed it back to John at which point the MP3 player caused a quantum singularity due to its extream mass.

tis a story that will ring through the ages.

I love going to the Motor City Con and XTrava Con.

I've been party to some insanely good deals on hard to find action figures and comics. That's the best part.

Plus I've got the opportunity to meet Selkie and Christian and get some things signed by Will Eisner, Tim Bradstreet, JO Barr, Tim Truman, Kelley Jones, Chris Sprouse, Brian Pulido, Gene Ha, Guy Davis, Steve Rude, Kane "Jason" Hodder and a few others.

Got to see some folks like Marc "Beastmaster" Singer and the uber hot Tanya Roberts, the Iron Shiek and that bitch ass Virgil, Lou Ferigno, Ron Perlman and several people from Star Trek.

Ah good times, nothing beats the con.

Got to see some folks like Marc "Beastmaster" Singer and the uber hot Tanya Roberts, the Iron Shiek and that bitch ass Virgil, Lou Ferigno, Ron Perlman and several people from Star Trek.

Ah good times, nothing beats the con.

You don't mean...

image002.jpg

Lou K = The New God (except we all kinda knew that already) :)

Oh yeah! I remember Lou's Virgil story! It was hilarious.

I think I was at the same convention, but I didn't meet up with Lou. I'm not sure when the convention that Virgil appeared at was, it might've been before Lou and I even knew each other.

Sadly....I did not get to meet Virgil.....

I did meet Hacksaw Jim Duggan at last year's Motor City Con though!

He was having an interview session and my cousin (who I went to the con with) wanted to go.

Hacksaw was still talking after a half hour and we wanted to do some more shopping, so we got up to leave.

Hacksaw said, "Hey! Were you guys going? Am I boring you?"

I replied, "Thanks. We're going to go shop."

Hacksaw replies, "Speak up, tough guy!"

Well, from there, tables and chairs were used....but I can say no more until the law-suit is settled. :lol:

You don't mean...

image002.jpg

Oh yeah that jabroni right there. I was in the aisle where all the Playboy Playmates were and I was talking rather loudly about what a bitch he was and they all started to chime in about what a punk he was. That was cool. Then I think he was coming down the aisle so I split with a quickness. :tongue:

He was a punk when he was Ted Dibiase's bitch, he was a punk when he was the Karl Malone black cowboy I don't know what, and he propagates his punk assness everywhere he goes, even today.

This message has been brought to you by Labatt's Canadian lager, Maker's Mark whiskey and a whoe fuckload of weed.

Every time I look at this thread, I think it's about some kind of announcement that Ennis' War Stories are coming back. Damnit!

Just remembered one - Leah Moore and her SO were at Bristol last year were they took part in a panel about the Mindscape Of Alan Moore documentary. Whilst addressing a question from the crowd, Leah mentioned a conversation she'd had with her dad on the train on the way to Bristol.

The roomful of nerds quickly did the maths and came to the conclusion that Alan Moore must be lurking somewhere in the hotel! This illicited a noticeable hum of excitement in the room.

Actually, reading that it doesn't sound very interesting at all but it's a fond memory anyway :icon_2gun:

My fondest memory is still the bit in (I think) last year's Vertigo panel, when Bob Wayne said: "Does the Constantine movie really look that bad?" and half the room let out a deadpan "yeeeessss".

No grizzled war stories for me just yet, but I was chuffed when I was at a Millar/Hitch signing in London to get a severly inlarged photocopied Ultimates 13 (Art only) about three or four months before it's release.

My mate got the two mixed up and asked Mark Milllar to draw him a Hulk sketch, but the real joy was in watching Bryan Hitch sulk about it!

I have never been to a con. :icon_frown:

Seriously, they're crap. The only reason I bother is because the StH lot are there.