Sign in to follow this  
TestosteRohne

Whose side are you on?

If you don't make an unintended hilarious mistake in a month, then you are on report!

Damn i bet hitler this would happen.

Im gonna ask you to join my war apocsol, your taking starks side with me aren't you.

Also because i feel so ashamed that i missed it, Rohne about your mum and cap america, there was alot of blue going on.

While gun control laws do make more sense in this story than what Millar seems to be going for, still, we have laws that all gun users should be registered.

So even the freedom to bear arms argument doesn't work in the confines of this story, as the government isn't outlawing the use of super-powers, but is expecting all superheroes to register with the government.

While gun control laws do make more sense in this story than what Millar seems to be going for, still, we have laws that all gun users should be registered.

So even the freedom to bear arms argument doesn't work in the confines of this story, as the government isn't outlawing the use of super-powers, but is expecting all superheroes to register with the government.

So your with me then comrade?

No, we don't.

I'm not saying that this was the current political issue that Marvel based their Civil War mega-arc on, but it's a good analogy.

Anyway, it wasn't my intention to start or be involved in an argument (note that I didn't say discussion) on the pros and cons of legal gun ownership, but only to say what I did.

Moving onto to something else, it's also all too familiar to see the Sentinels used in the role that they were, and not helping, though they could have. I think a very good analogy exists between that and the roles that law enforcement, the criminal justice system and private security play all to often, at least here in the United States.

Josh, are you saying that all gun users in America don't have to be registered?

Regardless, it's still a better analogy than the one Mark Millar seems to be going for.

And Mick, I'm not taking any side here. I just think the story doesn't hold up in our reality. I think this story needs to be considered from the point-of-view of the Marvel Universe, and not used to be making any broad sweeping judgments about our reality.

In the context of the Marvel Universe, I'd side with the superheroes. But, if we apply this whole argument in the real world, what's being argued for is that vigilantes have every right to fight crime and not have to face the penalty of the law, which is absurd.

In a world where you have thousands of costumed heroes running around and being allowed to go about their business for years and years, I'm against the government proposing that these superheroes should have to reveal their identities at this point.

If the government was going to attack vigilantes in the Marvel Universe, there should have been a crack-down from the very beginning.

The Marvel Universe has to deal with super-villains who cannot be dealt with by law enforcement officials, which makes vigilante superheroes a necessary force in the Marvel Universe.

Josh, you're right. Only a very few States have those gun laws, it just happens that Michigan is one of those States. I was just sure that the U.S. wanted all gun users to be registered.

So, nevermind!

Regardless, it's still a better analogy than the one Mark Millar seems to be going for.

Hmm, perhaps being I'm a little dense right now. What do you think that analogy is? If you want to say, put it in a spoiler box if you that it should be in one.

Someone tell me: Should I read this?

I'm not all that familiar with Marvel stuff, though, so even if I do, I might not get it.

I don't think it gives anything away.

The Patriot Act and civil liberties

Okay. I thought it would be something in addition to that that was a closer analogy. I'm not quite sure the first book is worth the $4 it cost, but it does give you more than 22 pages of art & story, and has many panels on most of them, with a lot of argumentation and stand-taking between many different characters.