Trace

Just Because.

The punchline is "I don't want my wife to work"?

Hilarious!

HA HA! Excellent!

That comic is amazing! Every young male and young woman needs to read that comic so they can understand the intricate complexities of human relationships.

"So, Christian how would you help Chick? I think Mr. Shag is leading her down a road to ruin. "

Their names are Chick & Shag....I think that says enough.

Remember kids, if someone wants to be involved with you, but doesn't talk about marriage, then there's something terribly wrong! Marriages while you are young and done as quickly as possible in order to avoid finding out the true personalities of the person you are with are God's plan!

Great christian. I like that she lost all that weight in 5 weeks was she using meth?

Some more marriage related cartoons. This honeymoon really started off rocky. I really wish Shag could of read about how marriage made this lady stop hating her man.

char6.jpg

char7.jpg

Yes, that is always the cure for unhappy relationships. If you aren't getting along with your boyfriend or girlfriend, the best thing to do is get married. That will ease all of your problems and you will have a wonderful life together.

NOTE:If this formula still doesn't work. If you get married and are still unhappy, don't worry yet. There may not be anything wrong with you. The best thing to do is have a baby! This is a sure-fire way to save any relationship!

REmember if the first baby doesn't work have another.

Something about the word hussie is just funny. The whole town knew, my my.

romance1.jpg

I'll bash your brains in for calling me cheap.

cheap.jpg

Superman is a bit sensitve. Batman made him cry by not answering the phone. Like Superman can't here bruce wayne breathing.

c631a858.jpg

Superman cries when Bruce Wayne ignores him...."The Man of Steel".....

Now that's comedy!

Alfred:"Don't worry, sir. I'm sure Master Bruce still has feelings for you. You know how he can be."

Superman:"I....I know Alfred....I'll be strong. I'll be f-f-FINE!"

God, it wasn't like he didn't send a memo about women needing to be in the kitchen making noise with them pots and pans.

hal1.jpg

This is going to be a classic of the Greco-Roman mat wrestling, right here folks.

Swamp Thing and Aquaman lock up. Oh! A take down by Aquaman. But, what's this? Swamp Thing seems to have held on and has Aquaman in a keylock. Classic! Who will win this wrestling clinic?

Superman's has led Lois Lane on for so long she gave up and married satan.

I've ordered this issue and hope to post some more pictures. I wish demonic Lois would turn up in Hellblazer.

dbd2.jpg

Without a doubt, the 2 craziest comics of all time are Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane and Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen.

I have to say, on a totally non-ironic level, some of those covers are absolutely brilliant. I'm not talking about the creepily-dated racist and/or misogynistic ones (although the art on both of those 'romance' books is excellent - that first one has a very Neal Adams vibe, only about 30 years earlier), but the "Oh my God! Superman's actually a werewolf, and he's just about to have his face bitten off by Dracula, who turns out to have been his real father! And Jimmy Olsen's secretly a woman!" ones so beloved of Superdickery et al. They're hilarious, especially viewed from a modern perspective, but they're so fabulously inventive - and, most importantly of all, they make you want to read the story inside like nobody's business, even if it's just to find out how the hell the writers managed to worm their way out of it this time.

I really wish a few more modern comics covers, particularly of the high-profile superhero variety, tried to create a similar effect - infinitely preferable to the twelve identikit variations on "here's the title character, looking cool" which fill the covers of too many modern superhero comics every year.

I loved the old artwork too. There's some modern artists who are far superior in style to the old greats, but for the most part, I'd much rather stare at a Jack Kirby or Steve Ditko or Gene Colan classic cover than look at some comic from the 1980s. Like I said, there are exceptions, such as McKean, Muth, Sienkiewicz, et al.

And, Mark, I believe you and I had a conversation where we pissed and moaned about how horrible these fucking pin-up covers they stick on every superhero title nowadays are! I'm sick of picking up a cover of X-Men with Storm standing on the cover or Spider Man doing a pose or one of the F.F. picked out! And, it's fucking hell for back-issue collectors!

There was a time where I would buy comics based on covers. If a cover looked cartoony or had some masculine superhero cover, I wouldn't buy the book. I missed out on some awesome books because of the covers. In later years, people would tell me, "You should really read this comic." I'd go to the store, look at the covers and go, "I don't know....this was one of those books I didn't buy because it looked so generic." I'd buy the book and lo and behold, the writing on the book would be amazing!

So, I bet these stupid covers comic companies are putting on books that look like they spent 3 minutes coming up with the scene are making some discerning readers skip books they might actually want to read.

If we didn't have that conversation, we probably should have done. I don't remember it, but you're almost certainly right - it's a topic close to my nerd-heart, and one to which I return with frankly tedious regularity.

Jimmy Olson the hippy. The best part of the comic is the closing statement of the evils of hippies and their veneral disease's.

102741187zx.jpg

Untitled-4.jpg

Superman and his creepy doll collection complete with fascist salutes. It was kind of him to include bouncing boy.

clarks-dolls.jpg