Trace

Just Because.

I think I've created a monster by starting this thread.

Behold, Trace's Monster--- lyra!!

I don't think she's daddy's little girl anymore she's tasted the forbidden fruit and been damned hin his eyes. I lvoe that he tells her boyfriend just have a good time but don't get to serious about her.

lovestinks5.jpg

I love my women with jaundice and a touch of mental instability. This reminds me quite a bit of Veitch's artwork.

lovestinks10.jpg

The Beatles were so wrong you can totally buy love. This is my favorite cover so far.I've seen this one before they modified for a concert poster.

lovestinks9.jpg

Shit, I don't blame him! That girl wanted a kiss! Just wait till he gets back to town and reveals that teenage girls want to kiss guys before marriage thanks to the....1960s!!!

I think "DC:Heart throbs" is my favourite comic book now.

First Strange Girl, now molested by daddy girl....."I'm ruined for any boy! My daddy saw to that!".....yikes!

Although the true stories about the girl selling her baby and the woman going insane must rate as some of the best comics ever written.

Why can't you just be normal. I love the look of Joe Public in the background saying she's right.

lovestinks8.jpg

"We had been dating for two weeks. He still hadn't proposed to me. All my other girlfriends were getting married soon. We had been out of high school for a whole month, and still I wasn't engaged! I knew there was nothing wrong with me. It was just the guy I chose to date. A real player. You know the type, he wants to hug you and kiss you and learn about your personality before he proposes marriage. One of those guys spawned by....the 1960s!!!"

"We had been dating for two weeks. He still hadn't proposed to me. All my other girlfriends were getting married soon. We had been out of high school for a whole month, and still I wasn't engaged! I knew there was nothing wrong with me. It was just the guy I chose to date. A real player. You know the type, he wants to hug you and kiss you and learn about your personality before he proposes marriage. One of those guys spawned by....the 2006!!!"

Huh, i think that was the subject for yesterdays jeremy kyle.

LYRA:

Well at least he gave her bus fair. This is one of the most brutal covers yet. This seems to tie in with the beatnik cover.

The cover doesn't specify bus fare, just fare. And it's at least $6.15... way more than it would've cost to ride a bus in the 60s... But I'm not implying anything... eyebrows.gif

Where is that Doctor handing at ass kickings for women who hold their illness over their lovers when you need him?

Untitled-7.jpg

Yeah, dating multiple sailors usually doesn't work out that well it usually ends in veneral disease and tears.

Untitled-9.jpg

It became her hobby! It's really addictive, you know? First you pick up one sailor, then you can't resist. You want to pick up them all!

Why don't these comics exist anymore! Why aren't there more DC Romance comics? I would totally buy those!

Unfortunately, the 1970s came along and the feminist movement became accepted by the establishment, due to popular pressure.

While women are still treated as sex objects and the lessers of men, such blatant exploitation of gender roles is no longer accepted.

Maybe....just maybe....those warnings to us about the legacy of the 1960s weren't exaggerations or propaganda attempting to protect the status quo....

Vertigo did release an anthology mini-series a few years back called "Heart Throbs", which were weird romance stories....but sadly, their quality was far superior to the 1950s & 1960s romance books we're seeing here, so they can hardly be qualified as a success.

Marvel just finished a series called "Marvel Romance Redux", which were Silver Age romance comics with the dialogue rewritten by contemporary writers to make them funny. Maybe the stories would have been funnier had they left the dated actual dialogue!