I figured, since this is going to be going for about a year, it deserves it's own thread.

I picked up the first issue today, it was pretty good. Nothing amazing, but enjoyable on pretty much all fronts. The Booster sequence went on too long, and there wasn't nearly enough Black Adam, The Question, or Renee Montoya, but I figure that will be all in good time.

A pretty low-key beginning, but a decent one.

How in the hell are they writing this series?!

Since it was a weekly series, I figured 4 weeks a month, 4 writers, it makes perfect sense that each writer will write 1 issue each month.

But, no. All 4 writers are writing each issue.

How the hell does that work without turning into a clusterfuck?!

The Question....ahhh, fond memories....

How in the hell are they writing this series?!

Since it was a weekly series, I figured 4 weeks a month, 4 writers, it makes perfect sense that each writer will write 1 issue each month.

But, no. All 4 writers are writing each issue.

How the hell does that work without turning into a clusterfuck?!

Good Editors?

So, can you even tell that Grant Morrison is working on this project, or has his voice been sucked into a mishmash hive of the other writers to create one SUPER GENERIC WRITER!?

Well, since Morrison and Rucka are working on this one (two of my more-liked writers) and Waid and Johns (who are pretty good in their own right), I doubt it will be generic.

But if all these writers are working together, trying to make one coherent script for one issue, they aren't going to use their individual writing voices.

Well, they might, but then the editor would probably come out with the Big Red Pen O' Editorial Doom. ;)

Actually, I read it and it was pretty good. It was mostly Booster-focused, and I don't know if I want to pay for it every single week, but it wasn't half bad.

More Black Adam!

Christian's right, I couldn't smell who was writing what.

The individual strengths of each writer might cancel anothers out etc.

Still a weekly comic fix !

I think Keith Giffen who's doing the weekly breakdowns for this thing, is supposed to keep it coherent.

I echo the more Black Adam statement.

Also i think that this Booster is different (younger?) than the one who left at the end of Countdown (or was it the beginning of OMAC? they are all running together) Did the Crisis, change the future so that this is a new Booster, just random thoughts on that.

I think this is going to be a pretty good weekly comic, from the first issue.

I did wonder where the Shade was during the Crisis, as i can't see him letting anyone mess up Opal as bad as apparently happened.

Also, i noticed a few of the 7 soldiers, so either they survive, or Issue 1 is after this issue.

All but one of the Soldiers, in fact. The one who I figured was going to die after reading Frankenstein #4 is very strikingly absent.

Given that Seven Soldiers #1 was originally supposed to have shipped before this (I think), that would make sense - if it is as major a spoiler as it seems, it wasn't intended to be one.

All but one of the Soldiers, in fact. The one who I figured was going to die after reading Frankenstein #4 is very strikingly absent.

According to The V, the only one that's unaccounted for is Mister Miracle. Shining Knight can be seen kicking the shit out of The Riddler somewhere.

The Shining Knight/Riddler thing was in Infinite Crisis #7 (from which I promised to post scans, and completely failed to do so - I'll get onto that now. Sorry). I've got 52 #1 in front of me now, and MM is definitely there, in what is very clearly Shiloh's costume. I didn't spot Shining Knight in there anywhere.

Yeah, I was chuffed enough with #1. Didn't seem like we actually got much meat at all (though I really liked the Booster Gold fight sequence). But I'm sold for at least the first couple of months.

Yeah, I was chuffed enough with #1. Didn't seem like we actually got much meat at all (though I really liked the Booster Gold fight sequence). But I'm sold for at least the first couple of months.

Months or weeks?

Tangental, but as the Question ever taken on the Riddler?

Has Supes lost his powers?

How come an elbow on the nose from Booster Gold (Booster for fuck's sake!), can make Clark bleed?

Sorry my bad, he's still weak after his battle with Superboy Prime.

And he can't fly yet either.

Edited by TestosteRohne

Superman lost his powers at the end of Infinite Crisis, and the 8-part OYL story in Action Comics and Superman has been dealing with that. He's got them back as per the latest issue, though.

Apparently, Superman spent his gap year hanging around with his wife in Metropolis as Clark Kent, while Batman went on a 'round the world expedition to "find himself". Which says it all, really.

But if all these writers are working together, trying to make one coherent script for one issue, they aren't going to use their individual writing voices.

Right. That's why Alfred Bester's collaboration with Roger Zelazny reads like some mediocre twerp who learned how to impersonate Spider Robinson at Clarion...

Months or weeks?

YES! One of the best issues of Denny O'Neil's "The Question"!

Riddler is attempting to hijack a bus and get back to Gotham. He happens to hijack the bus that the Question is riding on. The Question kicks the Riddler's ass.

Then, the Question makes a deal with the Riddler. He'll ask him one riddle, if the Riddler gets it right, the Question will let him go, but if the Riddler can't answer it, he'll go to jail.

Months or weeks?

YES! One of the best issues of Denny O'Neil's "The Question"!

Riddler is attempting to hijack a bus and get back to Gotham. He happens to hijack the bus that the Question is riding on. The Question kicks the Riddler's ass.

Then, the Question makes a deal with the Riddler. He'll ask him one riddle, if the Riddler gets it right, the Question will let him go, but if the Riddler can't answer it, he'll go to jail.

Cool, I thought i may have had an obvious idea there. :icon_redface:

I heard many a positive thing re Denny O'Neil's "The Question", as my comics guru advise.

So what was the riddle?

Yeah, I skipped the obvious one.

I begrudgingly have to admit there were quite a few bits of Winnick's Green Arrow vs the Riddler that I liked, incuding Green Arrow torturing him to cut out all his indulgent psychobabble bullshit.

Man! Just because I've spent my whole life buying tons of comics instead of doing anything meaningful, I always have to work, work, work around here!

The riddle:

"What was your face before your parents were born?"

It's a Buddhist thing, apparently....

Man! Just because I've spent my whole life buying tons of comics instead of doing anything meaningful, I always have to work, work, work around here!

The riddle:

"What was your face before your parents were born?"

It's a Buddhist thing, apparently....

4 minutes.

You sir, you sir are good, but I hear you took all of Steve Gerber's Man Thing.