The ending, the way Ralph tricked Neron, was pretty cool. But, I was still underwhelmed that this whole plot was leading to the big reveal that Dr. Faust was alive.

I think this is the end of Ralph's story. At least for a while. They'll probably pick up on Ralph's story down the line in a different series.

I'm sure there'll be a new Elongated Man coming along soon from DC though.

Faust is alive post 52 tho.. He's in JLA right now helping out Grundy. So either Meltzer ignored the plot of him being locked in the tower, or he got out some how. I'm voting for "Ignored".

Week 43-Well....what the hell was that all about?

Hopefully there's far more to this Animal Man plot. That plot looks like it really has promise, but it read like we got the snapshot version of the story in this issue.

I have no idea! That came out of nowhere.

Besides the Animal Man plot, which felt so rushed, I couldn't understand what was meant to be happening in this issue.

For a mainstream DC title, this issue had more blood and violence than I can remember a Vertigo title having in a long while!

Week 44-Another gratuitous action issue. I guess with the series winding down, they're going to need a few of them. This one involving Black Adam against the Four Horsemen.

I actually enjoyed this fight scene issue. The Black Adam plot is finally starting to look worthwhile, after all these issues. 3 of the 4 Horsemen did go down pretty easily though.

Yes, Sobek was the 4th Horseman, Famine.

Clever reveal for Ralphs storyline...yet if Faust gets out...surely Neron does too...

and no I dont think DC will create a new Elongated Man...they will let Plas fill that void...with his son...

Nice move on Sobek...only things left to ponder..

Batwomans fate..

The fall of Intergang

and Booster vs Skeets to the death....

Don't forget our heros in Space. Will Buddy return home to his wife? will Adam Strange get some new eyes?

How did Hawkgirl get shrunk back down? What happened to the rest of those guys?

Hawkgirl popped up for a quick cameo a few issues back. She was already shrunk down to size. That plot must've continued into another series.

I'm assuming they were Alex Luthors hands on the cosmic scale as he torn the universes apart.

That's how I understood it, certainly. But I havenn't re-read the series since it came out, and don't remember the details too clearly.

Is 52 going to feature full-length Black Adam stories straight through issue #50 now?

So, this is how most of the plots all come together? Black Adam and Intergang? I'm less than enthused.

I'm assuming they were Alex Luthors hands on the cosmic scale as he torn the universes apart.

No need to assume, it was shown quite clearly in the original story.

Is 52 going to feature full-length Black Adam stories straight through issue #50 now?

Here's hoping that's the case cause angry Black Adam bringing the pain this time out was pretty awesome, especially the scrap with Death.

Cheers. I read the TPB that collected some of the IC one-shots including the space one but there was no explanation in that particular story.

The main IC story is really quite good, in a 'loads of superfolks twatting each other around' kind of way.

The reason the heroes go into space is so they can be there to stall Lex when he tries to merge their reality with another - they take off one of his fingers, if memory serves.

Damn. 52 has been hit-and-miss from the start, but on the whole I've still been enjoying it fairly consistently. But since it started moving into the endgame a few weeks ago, it's gone right to cock. They've almost entirely abandoned the effort to depict multiple storylines taking place across the DCU at the same time (something which, after a slightly shaky beginning, had been one of the series' real strengths), and several of the arc conclusions they've pulled out lately have been profoundly disappointing.

The Supernova reveal would have been rather more effective had it not been predicted by just about everyone reading the series, but since it was quite a well-written unmasking, that's not too much of a problem in itself, depending on how it progresses from this point (that said, the way that plotline has vanished entirely since the big turning-point is pretty dodgy story-telling). The way they messed up the death of the Question, however, was near-unforgivable (after writing a note-perfect 'death' scene on New Year's Eve, they ended up keeping him alive for another few weeks before anti-climactically having him die anyway because...ummm...actually, why?), and while I largely enjoyed the resolution to Ralph Dibny's arc, that was undermined by the fact that it was based around a plot device which broke the one, single, unviolable rule of detective story-writing - namely, that the detective shouldn't have access to any significant piece of evidence of which the reader is kept unaware. The "wishing gun" was, on the one hand, quite a nice concept - on the other hand, the fact that we had never been given the slightest hint of its existence renders the execution of the conclusion deeply-unsatisfying.

The Sobek reveal was genuinely effective - all the pieces slotted together neatly, but I don't recall anyone predicting it in advance - but the by-the-numbers rampage-of-death which has constituted the entirety of the last two issues hasn't really impressed me (wide-scale action is something at which 52 has, by and large, failed to excel), particularly given that it's been founded on Isis' dying words being a totally-unexplained and complete reversal of everything we'd seen of her character up to that point. I could have done without the overkill of her refridgerator-stuffed demise at all, actually - surely Osiris' death would have been motivation enough, and if they were going to pull a character-reversal on her anyway, I reckon Adam's rampage would have been rather more interesting to watch if he'd brought the all-powerful wife along with him for the ride - but since that had been obviously-going-to-happen since her debut appearance, it's hardly fair to grumble about it too harshly now.

Given that "Montoya becomes a superhero" was the one plotline I was expressly hoping they wouldn't tell when the series started, I've been surprised by how little I've objected to the way it's been played lately. Still, that, along with the space heroes, Supernova, and several other largely-forgotten plot points, are going to need some serious attention over the next 7 issues for the conclusion of the series to feel anything other than seriously unbalanced.

C+, must try harder.

Which'd be ace if the art on all those sequences wasn't total shithouse.

Madness! It wasn't Quitely or Hitch level but it was decent enough art!

Montoya as the Question is rubbish though, that story only works if cancer-boy beats the disease.

Mark took the time to outline exactly how I feel about 52. I couldn't agree more. But, I have lost so much interest in 52, I couldn't be bothered to write all that down.

The book lost my interest with the issue where the Animal Man plot was glossed over and pushed aside in a few panels. That was the last plot I held hope would turn into something fun and amazing.

I was enjoying the series overall until the Adam Strange, Animal Man in space with Lobo story came to an end. After that issue, I felt the series really took a strong nose-dive turn.

For at least the last ten issues, 52 has left me cold, I just don't care at all anymore how they're going to end it. After last week's issue with Isis biting it and Black Adam going on the rampage, I just can't be bothered anymore. After the Question's frankly ludicrously drawn-out death (which then in the end took place off-screen), my favourite storyline has also been ruined - and Mark can read the remaining issues and tell me if I should even waste the 10 minutes or so every week on finishing the series.

Most readers of 52 feel like I do now. "Well, we've sat it out for this long. Might as well finish the series up, just to see what happens. Yawn."

I've realized recently how little I care about most comics I'm reading today.

While Marvel has been getting ripped apart around here, for good reason, it's not as if DC hasn't let the comic fans down just as badly.

While it seems like I'm buying more comics than ever right now, and there's probably more series being written by actually talented writers now than ever before, I don't think I've ever been less excited about comics.

Morrison was going to be writing a ton of DC-published series this year, and most of those series end up coming out very sporadically, and they tend to be huge let-downs when they do come out.

DC's 52, which seemed to be a mega-event that comic READERS would actually care about when it started, ends up being completely disappointing.

I believe there's 5 or 6 books which I actually look forward to each month, and two of those are mini-series (one of them, All-Star Superman, which is NOT a monthly title).

Even Hellblazer isn't on my list anymore....although I'm hoping Diggle changes that....

I can relate to this, there was a time when i couldn't wait for the new Starman or JSA or Hellblazer or Formerly Known as the Justice League to come out, but I don't think there is a book out at this moment that i couldn't "live without". I'd better not let my wife read this, because she'd attempt a comic intervention or something....

I think i can trace my dislike to the changes at DC post Identity Crisis, while i liked that book as a stand alone piece, the havok it's wrought on the DCU and probably the medium in general, haven't been to my liking. DC told us that the DCU following Infinity Crisis would be a happier place, but so far i haven't seen it.

52 #46-With Morrison's tongue planted firmly in cheek as he wrote the island of mad scientists plot, this issue was much better than the book has been lately. Even the fact that most of the issue was given to Black Adam once again worked better than in past issues. This title has been taking itself way too seriously lately.

The little follow-up with the Steel and Luthor plot was also entertaining.

Pretty good issue.