Months or weeks?

Months, like I said :tongue:

Issue #1 was ok. I did enjoy the Booster Gold parts. Black Adam is always a kick. Most especially I loved the Question ripping off the bat symbol off the Bat-signal and replacing it with a question mark.

However I am stopping with this issue. It is an interesting concept of having 52 issues over the year, which I feel will ultimately backfire, but damn that is too much money. $130 for the whole series. No thanks. Maybe if the issue were cheaper, say $2.00 or $1.50. I know I am dreaming, those days are long gone.

Issue #1 was ok. I did enjoy the Booster Gold parts. Black Adam is always a kick. Most especially I loved the Question ripping off the bat symbol off the Bat-signal and replacing it with a question mark.

However I am stopping with this issue. It is an interesting concept of having 52 issues over the year, which I feel will ultimately backfire, but damn that is too much money. $130 for the whole series. No thanks. Maybe if the issue were cheaper, say $2.00 or $1.50. I know I am dreaming, those days are long gone.

I agree. I love Denny O'neil's Question (actually the first comic I started collecting), but $130 for the series + a weekly commitment might be too rich for my blood. I'll check out a few issues and maybe wait for the trades. It really is a shame $2 or $1.50 is a thing of the past

Holy shit! I thought they marking the price down to $1.99 for the "52" series! I'm glad I'm not buying this now. I was actually thinking about it last week, because I thought $1.99 was a good deal.

Let's take a look at the G. Fellowes list of "What Makes A Good Comic":

Robots - Check

Badassery - Check

Lesbians - Check

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a good comic on our hands.

I liked the bits with The Question the best, although the parts with Elongated Man were awesome.

Be warned post may contain nuts and spoilers.

Don't resurrect Superboy, please dont- Although that said, he's still dead in Teen titans OYL.

For a sec though, I thought that Sue was coming back.

Cassie worshipping/mourning Connor (ala Waid's The Kingdom), doesn't work for me.

And I hope that Grant has a cracker of a time travel story for us with Booster, and not some sci fi alsoran plot.

Otherwise?

Still pretty good, loving Ralph and the Question (Christian, was he always such a pervy bastard?).

But where's my RDA of Black Adam?

I could very happily have done without the laughably gratuitous Victoria's Secret Lesbians scene (it certainly did nothing to quash my concern that Montoya's presence in this book is going to continue down the upsettingly crass, misogynistic, and unconvincing road begun in the rather disappointing final arc of the otherwise-excellent Gotham Central, at least for a while - how come they managed to show Harvey Bullock's descent into drunken misery perfectly effectively without having him abruptly lurch into graphic, out-of-character promiscuity, incidentally?), but other than that (major, and intrusive) flaw, I rather enjoyed this issue. The Elongated Man scenes were good, some interesting hints about the upcoming direction of a few story-arcs were dropped, and the Booster Gold scenes were somewhat better-crafted than his slightly over-long sequence in the first issue.

Hmm.

Theres a rumor that Greg Rucka might be doing a Question ongoing in the near future or something.

If it's written by the Greg Rucka who did Queen & Country, Gotham Central and Detective Comics a few years ago, that's fantastic news. If it's by the Greg Rucka of OMAC Project and Adventures Of Superman, though, I'll give it a miss.

If it's written by the Greg Rucka who did Queen & Country, Gotham Central and Detective Comics a few years ago, that's fantastic news. If it's by the Greg Rucka of OMAC Project and Adventures Of Superman,  though, I'll give it a miss.

AoS was actually aces. I liked his Superman. Havent read OMAC project. Heard Queen and Country is great. Need to start back tracking GC. Heard his Batman was pretty decent.

This may or may not be true. We don't know it. It's just a rumor right now.

Aye, chalk me up for the quite-liking-Rucka-Superman party too. OMAC Project was no great shakes, but it was hardly terrible either.

Don't resurrect Superboy, please dont- Although that said, he's still dead in Teen titans OYL.

Cassie worshipping/mourning Connor (ala Waid's The Kingdom), doesn't work for me.

And I hope that Grant has a cracker of a time travel story for us with Booster, and not some sci fi alsoran plot.

Otherwise?

Still pretty good, loving Ralph and the Question (Christian, was he always such a pervy bastard?).

No....not really....Denny O'Neil had the Question discover Eastern mysticism, and attempt to elevate himself spiritually.

He was having an affair with the mayor's wife, but the mayor was a drunk who didn't care about his wife....it was a marriage of political convenience, so you could say that there was nothing immoral about the affair.

Although, eventually the mayor's wife did have a crisis of conscience about the affair.

That is what i think, somehow Sue is going to be resurrected. Is the Inverted "S" meaning new or has it always been like that?

I wouldnt call the Question a pervert. He's just extremely neurotic and weird like that.

Didnt he also say that sex was a distraction. So more or less he's just copying Batmans move, only while being a bit silly and weird.

If he does get a new ongoing I hope they retcon the Rick Veitch stuff, because that just completely ruined the part of him that was a excellent detective. I mean you don't have to be a genius or one of the worlds top Detectives, if the building literally talk to you.

"Hmm the sign on main street gave me a few hints on where the Riddler is hiding out. It said that I would get more info out of the department store down the street." :lol:

What exactly is the Question doing that is so perverted?! :blink:

[ Spoiler :

Montoya is in her apartment changing, after the Question puts the ? sign over the Bat signal, he shines it on her apartment and say's "I see you.". Then later she is in her apartment and he shows up (while she is sleeping her BF). She gets up and shoots at him. He tells her to meet him somewhere.

]

[ Spoiler :

Ok I was a bit off. He doesnt say "I See you." He aims it at her apartment and is standing next to it and says "I can see you." then when she comes in she gets blinded by it and says "It's suposed to be pointed up you idiots!!!"

so far the Question is trying to hire her or something.

]

What exactly is the Question doing that is so perverted?! :blink:

The Question walks into Montoya's bedroom while she's asleep next to some random blonde. It might be considered perverted to oogle lesbians in their lacy and matching underwear.  He then picks up her thong (could again be seen as pervy), and Montoya later finds a note stuck in them.

Ah. You're right, Wolvy. He's just creepy and neurotic.

He's a libertarian, isn't he? Being creepy and neurotic goes with the territory.

I could very happily have done without the laughably gratuitous Victoria's Secret Lesbians scene (it certainly did nothing to quash my concern that Montoya's presence in this book is going to continue down the upsettingly crass, misogynistic, and unconvincing road begun in the rather disappointing final arc of the otherwise-excellent Gotham Central, at least for a while - how come they managed to show Harvey Bullock's descent into drunken misery perfectly effectively without having him abruptly lurch into graphic, out-of-character promiscuity, incidentally?).

As a big fan of Gotham Central and Montoya, I also find her random gratuitous promiscuity annoying, but even more so, as a woman (who wears underwired bras every day) the thing I found the most annoying in the entire issue (although all the talk about robot-men also bored me) were the fact that Montoya and her random pull were, not only sleeping in under-wired bras and lacy pants, but that they were wearing the exact same underwear. First of all, no woman in her right mind, unless she wants to wake up with her entire upper body aching, goes to sleep in an underwired bra. To avoid nudity in the scene, they could have just had the women covered by sheet. It would have been more realistic, and frankly, less gratuitous.

Secondly, did Montoya meet this woman while out buying lingerie, see her picking out an identical set to hers, right down to the same colour, and proposition her due to this? How difficult would it have been to at least have the women wearing different colours?

Yes, this is a strange thing to get hung up about, but I spent ages minutely studying the second issue of Grant Morrison's All Star Superman, as well, first wondering why Superman had given Lois a dress that was too big for her, then figuring out that it was because she was wearing it barefoot, and it was designed to be worn with heels. I was so chuffed when I found the little panel that proved that Superman had actually given Lois matching heels as well, she just didn't wear them. :happy:

As a big fan of Gotham Central...

...I spent ages minutely studying the second issue of Grant Morrison's All Star Superman, as well

My girlfriend, ladies and gentlemen.

Sometimes, I realise that I am a very lucky nerd indeed.

Edited by Mark