Seeing how the Question and Black Adam bits are beginning to merge, I hope all of the various storylines dovetail into something spectacular.

I dont know how big it will be though, becuase I haven't seen any evidence of anything drastic OYL later that belongs specifically to 52.

Besides the cover of the new Justice League, has anyone seen Booster OYL yet?

I'm pretty sure, according the DC's deal with 52, Booster Gold is off-limits until 52 is over, or until the plot using Booster is wrapped up in 52.

52 has to avoid being spoiled by the OYL books.

I don't want all the plots to lead to one big plot....

Some of the plots need to be combined obviously, so it doesn't end up as a clusterfuck, but I don't want it to all end up, "Intergang was behind it all!"

Intergang is very boring, and I'd like to see some wild, mind-blowing, trippy stories that don't have to do with superheroes versus supervillains.

Like the "time is broken" plot. How wild could Morrison get with that?

Some of the plots are quite grounded, while others are quite cosmic, while others seem metaphysical. Hopefully, all these plots will be carried to their furthest possiblilties instead of all sucked into one giant super-plot.

I don't think all the storylines will merge or if they do it will be due to something other than the intergang connection i.e. Time is Broken!

I want more Time is Broken! stuff.

52 #13-It looks like they wrapped up two plots in this issue. I was entertained by the issue. One ending more satisfying then the other.

You know, I liked the end of the Ralph plot.

I'm just assuming that this is the end of these two plots, because it was a good place to end those stories in 52. They might decide to continue them.

But, they're bringing in more plots with the next few issues, so I feel they'll be wrapping up some of the earlier plots at this point.

The Ralph thing "resolution" was a bit too cliched for me, frankly, so i hope they don't just leave it at that, and make him the next Hal Jordan, who'd do anything to bring back Sue. And the Black Adam stuff seemed like filler. Eloganted Man's origin was cute, especially the artwork. Still, a bad week.

Also, regarding Batman's one-year trip around the world, it seems they should have taken Garth Ennis's advice way back when:

hm03411er5.jpg

Complete Hitman trade collection DC. Come on already!

Anyway, #13 was the business with one minor gripe - if that really is the end of Diphny story, it ended up going nowhere. Ralph started off with a gun in his mouth and ended up with his head broke, a poor way to wrap things up. That aside, probably my favourite issue so far, the "Hey, Rex ?" bit was class.

Hah. Posting scans from Hitman is a sure way to summon JMac, that i have learned already.

Also, what happened to Ennis's JLA Classified arc about Tommy and the gang?

I don't know if this issue's accent on heroes who died and came back was good or bad - on one hand, they might as well do it, and then be done with it, so they don't have to endlessly bog down their titles with "ever since i came back from the dead, i have been given a new way of looking at life" and the other stupid reminders of their blunders. On the other hand, this IS showcasing of one of the things that should, if they're already happening, stay out of such spotlight, otherwise you are practically telling readers "don't worry, everyone who dies will make it back soon".

I don't know if this issue's accent on heroes who died and came back was good or bad - on one hand, they might as well do it, and then be done with it, so they don't have to endlessly bog down their titles with "ever since i came back from the dead, i have been given a new way of looking at life" and the other stupid reminders of their blunders. On the other hand, this IS showcasing of one of the things that should, if they're already happening, stay out of such spotlight, otherwise you are practically telling readers "don't worry, everyone who dies will make it back soon".

Presumably a few sorts are still a bit narked about Ted Kord getting killed, and DC wishes to calm them down a bit.

I don't know - Booster (who is the Elongated Man to Blue Beetle's Sue) has been acting out of character (or at least like they threw out all of his character development in the past 10 years), and now we get the Elongated Dr. Frankenstein, complete with "she's ALIVE! BWAHAHAHA!"

If they bring back Ted Kord, it would only make an even greater mess of things.

wasn't the only reason they introduced him in the first place so that Kord would have a comedy sidekick?

There is absolutely no way that was the end of the Ralph Dibny plot. It may take a back-seat for a while, but it's not over for the very simple reason that, as JMac said, he hasn't actually had a character arc yet. He's gone from being upset that his wife was dead and wishing he could bring her back to...umm...being upset that his wife is dead and wishing he could bring her back. Before the end of the year, he's going to have to cheer up a bit, otherwise they wouldn't have started his arc with the gun-in-mouth scene. Basic story-telling pattern - start at a low point for the character, and work them up gradually.

I liked #13 a lot, too.

The Wicker Sue was probably one of the creepiest things I've ever seen in a comic.

Shame the art's so shit, though.

Yeah, who WAS the artist...? Kevin Wussisname totally outshone him on those 2-3 pages of EM's origin... But then again, he IS the one who made me dig Jack B. Quick.

I actually thought the art in this issue worked rather well, with the bizarre exception of the faces on the children Black Adam and Isis saved. Some of the other issues have been well dodgy, though.

Just to keep us caught up.

Week 14-I like the Metal Men!

Not much else of note happens worth discussing.

This issue mostly deals with the Question's plot.

Just to keep us caught up. heh

Has everyone totally lost interest in this series?

Week 15-Stuff happens.

I enjoyed it as it almost totally focused on the Booster Gold plot. Is this the end of that plot?

52 has decided to mostly focus on one core plot in each issue. It slows the book down even more, but it might be the best way to go to clear out some of these older plots.

Still, when was the last time we heard about "Time being broken"?

Week 14 was ace. I love the Metal Men, and want them to release a Showcase collection RIGHT FUCKING NOW. Haven't read #15 yet.

Just to keep us caught up. heh

Has everyone totally lost interest in this series?

Week 15-Stuff happens.

I enjoyed it as it almost totally focused on the Booster Gold plot. Is this the end of that plot?

52 has decided to mostly focus on one core plot in each issue. It slows the book down even more, but it might be the best way to go to clear out some of these older plots.

Still, when was the last time we heard about "Time being broken"?

I suspect Boosters story is not yet done, perhaps only This Booster's is. He really seems like a novice hero doesn't he?

Is it just me, or did it seem like Supernova knew Clark?

Time is Broken needs to be picked up on, and I miss our outerspace heros. Also, we haven't seen a single thing about Huge Hawkgirl, et al. since they 'returned' from space, I'd like more info on that.

I'm glad the wedding of the century story-line is over. That was boring.

That was the majority of the issue.

At the very end of the issue we get to see the Animal Man, et al story-line again. I don't remember the last issue those guys appeared in, and it felt like they completely dropped the plot in this issue just to move on. Were they getting ready to fly off the planet last time we saw them? I thought they were still trapped by the monster.

I liked that plot too. Why'd they have to rush that one?

Agreed - that was a total waste of an issue. The fact that I don't really care about Black Adam anyway didn't help, but devoting an entire issue to the wedding? Boring. That space could have been more profitably spent catching up on one of the half-dozen storylines which are currently dangling, undeveloped, in the wind.

Black Adam and Isis' wedding was a total waste of an issue, as Mark said. Even Montoya and "Charlie" (what is up with that anyway, the Question is so NOT a Charlie!), as much as I generally like them didn't make the issue less of a waste. So many other storylines they could have focused on, and Captain Marvel wasn't even bat-shit crazy in this one.