Week 17-Holy shit! Best issue yet, BY FAR!

This issue is back the inordinate amounts of fun that the series was when it first started.

I hate Lobo, and this issue made me love Lobo!

The scenes with Animal Man talking to Tamaran girl (whatever he name is)....Oh yes! Yes! Yes!

The problems I had with the Animal Man plot when it last showed up were all rectified this issue.

This is pure gold.

Next issue features Detective Chimp and Dr. Fate. It's getting better and better!

I don't know, while the book had it's moments, i felt thatthis was the weakest issue to date.

Sure i loved AM talking about 'higher realms' (for some reason this felt like someone such as Johns or Waid referencing Morrison, than Morrison penning this himself), and Lobo's fun in short batches; but the whole issue seemed rote to me. Kind of by the numbers. But perhaps that was the point, tying back into what Buddy had been saying. Still where did Devilence come from? he just suddenly appears out of nowhere, then the last Czarian 'saves' the day.

No. I'd say that was Morrison talking with Animal Man's discussion to the alien woman, because that's how Morrison explains his own experience with the aliens. Either that, or Waid read Morrison's experience with the aliens and decided to reference it with Buddy.

They ignored the whole Devilence plot the last time they featured the Animal Man plot.

All of a sudden, the trio were in a spaceship ready to leave the planet. They finally decided to pick up the plot again.

And the Lobo plot was hilarious! "He doesn't kill anymore. He found God." HA!

They were fucking talking String Theory! Only Morrison would reference String Theory in a comic book!

Week 18-That was crazy!

Another good issue, although not as good as last issue. This one presaged more great things to come.

Ralph's story continutes and it looks like it'll be good!

Loved the stuff with the Shadowpact and Dr. Fate.

Booster Gold's funeral was hilarious.

Next issue, it looks like we're finally going to see more about "time being broken"!

"He doesn't kill anymore. He found God." HA!

After he just gutted Devilance, too.

Well Lobo claimed that was due to a trap that had been set up for him, didn't he? But I reckon that was bullshit.

I'm with James on that, Lobo claims that it was a trap meant to kill him (Lobo, not James) that did for Devilance.

Latest issue was...odd...given that so much time was spent on Ralph early on, it felt weird to suddenly jump over his (kind-of) recovery. The Shadowpact look like a lot of fun though.

Yeah, I thought that was odd how quickly Ralph recovered. It seemed more like they ignored his breakdown, except they explicitly mentioned it.

Thinking about it, it actually hasn't been that long since we last saw Ralph.

Apparently he's like our John. Alcoholic, suicidal, depressed, homeless for a few weeks and then he gets up and walks away from it all. Just like in reality!.....

At least Ennis showed the after-effects of John's mental breakdown with "Damnation's Flame", rather than just continue with business as usual, which is what happened here with Ralph.

Good issue, really enjoyed it. Loved the adverts on Booster's coffin and the continuation of the Khandaq stuff. And was that the faux-gay mind-controlling guy from the third issue of Bulleteer carrying Booster's coffin? The one with the helmet?

This series is officially amazing again!

The Animal Man in space plot is my favourite.

Dolphin god....Ah yes....

The time is broken plot is also incredibly interesting, and just got even moreso after the end of this issue.

I wonder who chose 1956 on the cover, and why? hmm

The cover for the next issue will be my favourite.

Almost certainly, I would have thought. I'm guessing four 13-issue trades, since issue 13 had something close to a proper "ending".

Almost certainly, I would have thought. I'm guessing four 13-issue trades, since issue 13 had something close to a proper "ending".

DC have stated that they will not start Trading this series until the series is complete, after all 52 issues have been released. But, they do plan to start Trading the series after that.

DC have stated that they will not start Trading this series until the series is complete, after all 52 issues have been released. But, they do plan to start Trading the series after that.

Don't see the logic behind that, myself. Still, that's only a year away, innit?

Not the impression I got, but it's possible there's a twist coming.

Nice reveal, either way - apparently the Emerald Eye of Ekron is an artifact of ill-defined mystical power which has been dotting around the DCU since the '60s, but this is the first we've heard about Ekron him/itself.

Nice reveal, either way - apparently the Emerald Eye of Ekron is an artifact of ill-defined mystical power which has been dotting around the DCU since the '60s, but this is the first we've heard about Ekron him/itself.

I fully expect the Giant Head of Ekron to be horribly murdered by Lobo and for a terrible "lobo-tomy" pun to be used.

Week 21-Good issue. Really catering to fans of superheroes and Lex Luthor.

Not a big fan of the New Infinity Inc. or the New Teen Titans, but the story kept my interest.

Who is this new Zatara character?

My real interest lies with the Ralph Dibny plot though! Those scenes stole the issue for me.

yeah, i don't think you're supposed to like the new Infiniti Inc., anyway.

I'm not too down on the new Titans either, but someone made a good point (Steel's niece?) when the Titans gave them guff about calling themselves Infiniti Inc. that the Titan's weren't exactly the "Teen Titan's" of old either...

What's the deal with Gar and the new Doom Patrol? (i know it's slightly offtopic, but he was featured as a Titan) in the latest Secret Six, he seems much younger than the version in the Titans during 52. Are there 2 of them?