If that's a plot point, it will probably be explained later in 52.

This latest issue was okay, but Flashgirl's death was way too telegraphed.

True, but the point wasn't really that her death was shocking or traumatic.

As stated, it's not as if the New Infinity Inc. are characters that we really care for at this point.

The whole point was to show how cruel and manipulative Luthor is.

You knew Luthor was going to do something when he acted so benelovent after "Flashgirl" upset him. I thought it was fun, in a perverse manner, to see Luthor's warped mind plot out his revenge.

As stated, it's not as if the New Infinity Inc. are characters that we really care for at this point.

That's what the scene in her bedroom was about, though, and that's what earmarked her for horrible death.

Coincidence that the blurb on the footer of the front page of the latest issue was wrong (referenced events from the previous issue), right after the editor packs his bags and goes to work for Marvel ?

I thought it was cool having Ralph being at absolute hard bastard to that Demon thing. I think I'm finding his story the most interesting at the moment.

I loved the first half of this issue with Prof. T.O. Morrow. Hilarious and oh so fun! Great work. Could've stood more of this plot in this issue!

But, I'm bored to death with Black Adam by now. He's never been a favourite and all this attention given to him is just dull. Question making a joke was neat, but I'll be glad when this plot winds down.

I had a hard time following the "action" this week.

Was Jonn busting thru walls to get to the statues, or was the creating them?

After Skeets blasted Firestorm, what happened? suddenly everyone's on fire. Is that from Firestorm, or did skeets turn on them and i missed it.

I did enjoy ambush bug breaking the 4th wall. Poor Superchief.

The scene with Jonn Jonzz confused me too.

Skeets did indeed turn on everyone. It was revealed in an earlier issue that Skeets is evil.

I had a hard time following the "action" this week.

Yeah, me too. Definitely some very unclear storytelling. I do think that J'onn was making the statues, but I have no idea about Skeets/Firestorm. I thought it might have been Firestorm exploding because that's what happened to the last one in Infinite Crisis. But who knows?

i thought that too, but he turned up a few panels later, so i guess that's not what happened.

All of a sudden the Luthor made hero's start exploding, so i guess skeets turned on them, but they sure didn't make that clear.

I didn't find the sequence in question especially confusing, myself - the sequence of events certainly wasn't as clearly-established as it should have been, but the actual action was pretty easy to follow.

1) Skeets blasts Firestorm with a firebolt, sending him flying back but not killing him.

2) He then blasts away at the Luthor-grown 'superheroes', killing a bunch of 'em.

3) Firestorm returns to the fray.

Minor failures of panel-to-panel story-telling notwithstanding, I enjoyed this issue a lot. Very dense (possibly too dense, in fact, but I'd rather see the title attempting to do a bit too much in one issue than too little, as happened last week), lots of plots advanced/established (I enjoyed the Ralph Dibny cameo a lot - looks like Doctor Fate's playing Virgil to Ralph's Dante, which I like), a few decent laughs courtesy of a fourth-wall-breaking Ambush Bug (that 'next issue' panel was a joke, right?) and the amusingly-lame Everyman Superheroes, all wrapped around a few intriguing clues* as to how things are going to pan out over the next 28 weeks. The only major misfire for me was the numbing predictability of the Black Adam plot, but that's pretty much par for the course by now, and at least this week there was the compensatory joy of A NEW SUICIDE SQUAD. Which is awesome.

All in all, this was probably my favourite issue in a while - which, since I've been thoroughly enjoying the title almost every week for the last couple of months, is very encouraging. There's still plenty of stuff I don't like, of course, but as a weekly title, I've been very pleasantly surprised by how well this project is working.

*Speaking of clues...the description of Skeets as having "no combat abilities" in the back-up story, coupled with a pretty unequivocal demonstration of combat abilities on his part only a few pages earlier. That's either a pretty blatant clue, probably tying into the "time is broken" subplot (and adding further evidence to support the already-fairly-plausible "Supernova is secretly the real Booster Gold, and the Booster/Skeets we saw earlier are from a different time-line" theory which has been doing the rounds), or it's one of the most embarrassingly stupid editorial mistakes I've seen in ages. I'm hoping for the former, obviously.

, a few decent laughs courtesy of a fourth-wall-breaking Ambush Bug (that 'next issue' panel was a joke, right?)

I'm not reading any comics right now, as I can't afford them, but please tell me that either

a) it featured Darkseid

or

b) it featured the phrase "When Titans Tussle"

Each issue of 52 ends with a panel showing 'silent' scenes from the next issue - usually just a vew characters posing. In this one, it shows Ambush bug posing as The Question, Isis and the new Batwoman.

Week 25-This issue didn't really appeal to me.

The tragical story of Felix Faust kept me entertained with the book though.

I thought Seven Soldiers took place post-Infinite Crisis?

There's a cameo by Klarion in this issue which doesn't match up with the Klarion in S.S.

It was good to see the Demon again, if only for one brief panel.....

This week was the weakest in a long time for me, honestly. I didn't care about Fausts story -- though, i'm sure it's a cautionary tale that will come into play when Ralph finally has to do whatever it is he'll have to do to bring Sue back to life.

Also, i didn't care for the demon attack at the beginning, the interplay between Black Adam and Osirius was good, but other than that, blech.

I found the entire issue to be boring.

But to be fair, i've been in a shit mood since saturday, so that may have something to do with it.

Week 26-Well, another boring issue.

This one didn't even have the Ralph sub-plot to keep me occupied.

I'm sick of Black Adam, and this issue was pretty much thoroughly Black Adam.

Next issue has the Spectre though, so maybe the series will be picking back up again, for me.

It looks to me like Osirius got his own Tawkey Tawney. I find i don't care at all about the Isle of Lost Mad-men.

The Steel v. His Daughter on the O'Ryder Factor predictible and boring too.

I have high hopes the book gets better next week.

Having just finished the final issue of Gotham Central, I'd like to know what happens to Montoya and Corrigan afterwards. Has Corrigan reappeared anywhere yet? And does Montoya's role in 52 continue Gotham Central in any way (if you see what I mean), or has it been missable so far?