Guest spiderlegs

Transformers: More than Meets the Eye

But did you know this?

Kevin Dunn will play Shia LaBeouf's quirky, do-it-yourself dad in DreamWorks' Transformers, the big-budget, live-action extravaganza based on the Hasbro toy line being directed by Michael Bay.

Can't see it because I'm uploading something, but if it's the blue Optimus Prime on a CGIed street, I'm afraid it's a fake.

As is the one with the guy stood next to a red car that transforms, even if it does have a timecode and ILM tag on it.

Sorry.

But how do you know it?

And how much of a fan do you have to be to create such CGI-test footage only for the sake of calling it real?

They weren't amateur-produced clips, either of 'em - as I understand it (can't find a link right now, I'm afraid) the blue Optimus Prime clip was produced by a small-but-ambitious CGI studio wanting to show what they could do.

Movie test footage or not, that is freaking awesome. I geeked out. The only thing that would have made it better would be if "Optimus" said, "Autobots, roll out!"

They weren't amateur-produced clips, either of 'em - as I understand it (can't find a link right now, I'm afraid) the blue Optimus Prime clip was produced by a small-but-ambitious CGI studio wanting to show what they could do.

it looks like the stuff that the embassy do, http://www.theembassyvfx.com/main.html

He also directed The Rock and The Island, both of which were entertaining movies, so I'll keep my hopes up just a tad longer.

Let's face it, if this movie features Megatron, there honestly isn't a way I could be TOTALLY disappointed :D

He also directed The Rock and The Island, both of which were entertaining movies, so I'll keep my hopes up just a tad longer.

Well, that's your opinion and you're certainly entitled to it, however wrong it may be. :)

Personally, Michael Bay is on my shitlist and will probably never get off it.

He is a terrible, terrible director and makes mindless, stupid, flashy, piece of crap movies.

Let's face it, if this movie features Megatron, there honestly isn't a way I could be TOTALLY disappointed :D

True.

I think the Island was ok Sci-Fi but utter crap action, in sum an eye-catching, well-designed, sometimes funny, sometimes thoughtprovoking, sentimental movie, on the other side quite shallow and juvenile, featuring a bad Johansson among other things, boring, repetitive, bland action, generative elements and mostly shyte music.

C

I liked Bad Boys when i was younger, didnt dig The Rock and Armageddon.

Pearl Harbor is yet to see.

I dont know much of the Transformers now (Though my fav toy of me childhood was such a T-Rex and i remember knowing something of them then), i will decide what to think of it after a teaser. If its no big letters, logos and pictures-crap.

So thats the teaser?

I hate stuff like that, teasers like the Spidey 3 one, those are fine examples of decent work, not all these logo-closeups.

Though its interesting, just nothing.

Guest spiderlegs

Any of you have the last TRANSFORMERS movie, starring Orson Welles, Leonard Nimoy, Scatman Caruthers, Judd Nelson, Eric Idle, et al?