Guest spiderlegs

Transformers: More than Meets the Eye

Guest spiderlegs

I actually dig the alien jet thing Megatron transforms into, it's just the spikey Megatron I don't care for. Bumblebee looks badass though:

bumblebee.jpg

i really think you should stop taking it so personally, loathe Michael Bay? what has he actually done that so awfully bad? the man makes pop corn films, and what Transformers is with out a shadow of a doubt is a popcorn film. No body wants robots that cry and hug and get in touch with thier feelings.

Oh, please.

I'm not taking anything personally, I just have a strong dislike for Michael Bay. The only movie of his that I find watchable is Bad Boys, and even that requires me to check my brain at the door.

I couldn't bring myself to be worried about any choice of director provided it wasnt Uwe Boll. Never mind the fact that the only reason this is getting made is because Bay picked it up.

That's a bit hypocritical isn't it? You slam me for having a particular disinterest in a particular director and then you turn around and do the same (even if you are only half-joking).

You can keep pushing for your Steel Magnolias version of Transformers if you want but i for one am willing to leaving this in the hands of a competent director who is working in his element.

When did I say this? I simply meant that characters should have some depth to them, I said nothing about making large robots from outer space into touchy-feely tear-jerkin' avatars for sappy love/life stories.

Jesus, do you give into hyperbole to make a point.

I'm thinking someone along the lines of a Gore Verbinski---- a director who can craft a film full of suspense, action, effects, and who can get the most out of his actors.

Oh, poor choice. Very, very poor choice. Verbinsky? Really? Because aside from a film-salvaging turn from Johnny Depp and the innate coolness of pirates, I'd rate Bad Boys and The Rock several leagues above either the Pirates Of The Caribbean films or The Ring remake in terms of pacing, visual style, getting-the-most-out-of-actors-ness, and general all-round popcorn-munching aceness. And I'm not overly fond of Bay, either.

Fair enough, I just threw out Verbinski 'cause I couldn't think of a good example. Admittedly I'm not one for mindless popcorn flicks. I think it's entirely feasible to make a movie that is both entertaining, action-packed, and somewhat thought-provoking.

The Rock is complete crap, and Armaggedon is the worst movie I've ever seen.

That, of course, is just my opinion and I don't hate on anyone who thinks differently.

I dont like the Rock either but i hadnt got much problems with Bad Boys or The Island, so i dont feel the desire to crush skulls- Albeit the embracing reason is that i dont care much about the Transformers.

And i have to confess that im absolutely shocked!

Pirates 1 (Only the first, i found the second to be a dreadful disappointment) is one of the acest fun-films out in space!

And Ring isnt half-way bad too.

Just to show that I can be a good sport, here's an outtake from Dave's Long Box, in which he ruminates on possible spin-off characters cut from the cloth of Deathlok:

Deathblog - While writing a lengthy post about his intention to boycott Michael Bay's Transformers movie because it doesn't slavishly replicate the cartoon he watched as a kid, lightning strikes and merges a pizza-eating fanboy into his computer. Gifted with techno powers and an enormous sense of entitlement, Deathblog travels the Internet flaming all those who disagree with his petty, hypersensitive ranting.

Wait, you actually don't need superpowers to do that...

I still hate Michael Bay though.

Ugh, Michael Bay is crap.

Loved that lead actress though*.

*No, funnyguy, not the one at the end with the pink stuffed pony.

Seen a few pics of Megatron and Skorponok from this movie and i have to say "since when did the Decepticons become the Crusteaconicons?" :wacko:

Megatron looks like a fucking mechanical lobster

Guest spiderlegs

After seeing the preview, I don't mind their new look, though I know Transformers purists will dog me for such blasphemy.

After seeing the preview, I don't mind their new look, though I know Transformers purists will dog me for such blasphemy.

Just a shame Soundwave never made it into the film but then again him transforming into a cassette recorder is a bit of a dated idea now.

They'd have to make him transform into an Ipod these days.

Or probably a mechanical prawn given the crusteacan theme Michael Bay seems to be following.

Man, that looks awesome. Love the bit where the helicopter transforms and touches down on the street.

My only worry is that with the exception of Bumblebee and Prime, the transformers all look incredibly similar.

I think that's intentional in the trailer, you never really get a good look at any of the transformers.

The sfx look awesome, as does the brunette. ;)

Nonetheless, I still have low expectations for anything with Michael Bay's name on it.

That was probably the best trailer yet, although Bay has only really entertained me to date in the Bad Boys films, haven't seen The Rock. Still somehow I'm optimistic about this one.

The first seconds with the car were cheesy- I guess the whole movie will be stupid. But the SFX! And the robot design! It should get 10 Oscars ® right away! Truly awsome.

And did the trailer imply that the army attacks the Autobots too?

Guest spiderlegs

OK, that last part where the transformer skates up next to then bodychecks the city bus, tearing right through it is one of the greatest effects I've ever seen. That was fucking awesome!