Sign in to follow this  
Trace

Wither Moebius?

I recently purchased a couple of Moebius's Blueberry trades online and was severely disappointed when I discoverd the interior artwork was nowhere near as amazing as the cover art. WTF?

Can anyone suggest a comic, trade, or graphic novel by monsieur Moebius that has glorious art? I really, really love his covers, so anything along those lines would be stellar.

If Arzach or The Airtight Garage are in print at the moment, those would be worth a look.

I recently purchased a couple of Moebius's Blueberry trades online and was severely disappointed when I discoverd the interior artwork was nowhere near as amazing as the cover art.  WTF?

Can anyone suggest a comic, trade, or graphic novel by monsieur Moebius that has glorious art?  I really, really love his covers, so anything along those lines would be stellar.

I'm sorry, but there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with the art of Moebius/Jean Giraud in Blueberry. that is a FACT. :biggrin:

some of his best work is in the Incal series, which is very hard to get in english. Epic/Marvel printed it in the late 80s, I think, but you'll probably pay astronomical prices for those if you can find them. ah wait! I forgot that Humanoids reprinted at least part of it a few years ago. get it from amazon!

I recently purchased a couple of Moebius's Blueberry trades online and was severely disappointed when I discoverd the interior artwork was nowhere near as amazing as the cover art.  WTF?

Can anyone suggest a comic, trade, or graphic novel by monsieur Moebius that has glorious art?  I really, really love his covers, so anything along those lines would be stellar.

I'm sorry, but there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with the art of Moebius/Jean Giraud in Blueberry. that is a FACT. :biggrin:

some of his best work is in the Incal series, which is very hard to get in english. Epic/Marvel printed it in the late 80s, I think, but you'll probably pay astronomical prices for those if you can find them. ah wait! I forgot that Humanoids reprinted at least part of it a few years ago. get it from amazon!

Sethos, I have been checking out Amazon since I am also curious about the series. Which Incal book is the first book? Where does it start? I saw a lot of '#1s'

Sethos, I have been checking out Amazon since I am also curious about the series. Which Incal book is the first book? Where does it start? I saw a lot of '#1s'

this is the first volume (there are two prequel trades, but they are not drawn by Moebius and the story is rather shite too, actually).

Volume 2

This could be volume 3, or a reprint of the first vol. It's a bit unclear since it says vol.3, but was printed BEFORE 1 and 2.

the thing is, I have a huge hardcover omnibus version of the comic, which runs for about 310 pages in total. which would be covered by vol.1 and 2, according to amazon. so, I'd suggest ordering vol.1 and vol.2, and hold off from buying that third one, if it indeed is a third volume (there was a sequel produced years later, but I'm quite certain it was never published in english).

hope it helps!

He was often featured in the pages of HEAVY METAL magazine.

This is true, but old issues of that from the '70s and '80s can go for a fair bit at the moment as well.

Really? I didn't know they were worth anything...damn...

Some of them go for quite a bit: have a look at ebay.

Guest spiderlegs

I had a box full of them. I think I still might have 5 or 6 of them left in a trunk (with my old PLAYBOYs) at my mom's. Hmmmm...must go and see...

My vote would be for Arzach. (Does the English version also include that amazing, totally insane little black and white travel story at the beginning? That's the best bit of the book...)