Sign in to follow this  
Guest spiderlegs

PREACHER: The HBO Series..?

I can see it being popular among men aged 18-49 and a bit hit with the military crowd in Iraq. I can even see Dubya secrectly getting a kick out of it (but not Laura). But ask yourself would your mom watch it? I know my mom watched The Sopranos and Six Feet Under religiously but I doubt she would have the same enthusiam for a Preacher series. I think HBO is desperatly looking for another break-out hit along the lines of the forementioned shows as well as Sex and The City but I just don't think a Preacher series would rise much above a cult horror show, which is also why I doubt there would be any significant outcry from any media watchdog groups.

Well, thats it right there - any show that hits a chord in the male 18-49 demographic is set for life. There are very few shows - if any - that appeal to every single demographic. What do you think the demographic for WWE wrestling is? Last I heard, WWE Raw is a pretty consistently high rated show. HBO's ratings - already limited - would probably skyrocket if it captured that male 18-49 group.

Is Preacher popular in Japan? Would it sell?

Preacher isn't all that popular here in the U.S./Canada/Mexico except for a few thousand comic book fans which is why I doubt HBO would spend the money to make a proper Preacher series.

using that logic they would never have made the blade movies - and they grossed millions. it's not about how popular something is, it's about how popular it has the potential to become. and preacher has massive potential within a certain demographic - including the major advertising demographic, the 18-35ers.

keyboard's fucked, hence no caps.

Is Preacher popular in Japan? Would it sell?

Preacher isn't all that popular here in the U.S./Canada/Mexico except for a few thousand comic book fans which is why I doubt HBO would spend the money to make a proper Preacher series.

using that logic they would never have made the blade movies - and they grossed millions. it's not about how popular something is, it's about how popular it has the potential to become. and preacher has massive potential within a certain demographic - including the major advertising demographic, the 18-35ers.

keyboard's fucked, hence no caps.

That's a good point. I didn't think about that.

I still think it's unlikely some Japanese animator would want to make Preacher. There are enough comics over there to adapt, aren't there?

I still feel that HBO wouldn't try Preacher, now that Deadwood is coming to a halt...

now that Deadwood is coming to a halt...

Oh no, someone mentioned that again......AAARGH....ggn...Hu...ahh....HULK SMASH!

Still, it'll get better treatment than Carnivale and/or Lost when they run THAT baby to the ground.

Guest spiderlegs

Garth Ennis officially killed this rumour last night. There will be NO PREACHER HBO series.

Oh well.

They couldn't afford the makeup to make everyone look the same, Steve Dillon style, anyway.

:p

Not surprised. I knew it was too good to be true.

Any god that creates a world where Deadwood is cancelled is not going to allow the existence of a show about one of his acolytes deciding to hunt him down and fuck him up.

Yep. Also, devastatingly handsome and spectacularly well-endowed.

Ladies, form an orderly queue.

Oh well.

They couldn't afford the makeup to make everyone look the same, Steve Dillon style, anyway.

:p

They could have just hired two people to play every role. :happy:

They can just slap all those logos on that video, and play it for 45 minutes 4 times a week.

Not yet, I started reading this yesterday!

They're waiting for me to end.

PS: Preacher is amazing! I can imagine a series.. but I guess it's better this way and don't regret later... like with... some other comic adaptations...