Sign in to follow this  
Tony B.

X-Men: The Last Stand

I didn't get very well that final idea of Xavier inside.. some guy. What does that mean? He's now inside.. another guy?! :o

I have never read 1 X-Men comic.. is this something that appears in the comics too so someone can explain it to me? :lol:

I haven't see the movie yet (WHAT?! Why are you here then?!), so I'm not sure of specifics, but there's a character called Abyss who can open a black hole portal within his mid-section and suck people into it.

I didn't get very well that final idea of Xavier inside.. some guy. What does that mean? He's now inside.. another guy?!  :o

I have never read 1 X-Men comic.. is this something that appears in the comics too so someone can explain it to me?  :lol:

Well there was a cracking scene in Morrison's X-men , where Jean stores Xavier in her head.

His bodies decomposed or something, and it's a last ditch attempt.

She's having severe nose bleeds and loosing memories left, right and centre.

Crap what happened next?

Yeah something like that.

Its the SPOILER doc who we see in the beginning on a tape, no?

Btw, yes, there will be a Wolverine AND Magneto Spin-off.

They said they will make even more films if it makes good money, and so far it has 140 mills, so it seems to be.

I mean the third really leaved some gates open for a next.

I didn't get very well that final idea of Xavier inside.. some guy. What does that mean? He's now inside.. another guy?!  :o

I have never read 1 X-Men comic.. is this something that appears in the comics too so someone can explain it to me?  :lol:

Well there was a cracking scene in Morrison's X-men , where Jean stores Xavier in her head.

Crap what happened next?

umm....This should probably be clarified that Jean stores Xavier's psyche inside her mind.

She didn't grab the dying Xavier and stick him into her ear or anything.... :blink:

Its the SPOILER doc who we see in the beginning on a tape, no?

Yes, I think it is. Thanks for the explanations.

By the way.. who is the guy? Someone important.. or just a recipient? :lol:

Wow.. looks like I haven't seen the movie but, yes! I have! :lol:

I think a recpient.

They said he has some ilness and they observe/help him there.

Or something.

Crap what happened next?

umm....This should probably be clarified that Jean stores Xavier's psyche inside her mind.

She didn't grab the dying Xavier and stick him into her ear or anything.... :blink:

Mine's more Grant Morrison then that.

So, stemming from Sethos' comments, does anyone believe this really will be the last X-Men movie, or do you think they'll dig this franchise out again?

Right now, they're planning a Wolverine spin-off movie and then ending the series. I can't see Marvel actually ending the X-franchise at this point, it doesn't really make sense, unless they expect this movie to not do well.

no because, by making just a spin off with wolverine or another character Fox can keep the franchise and it won't revert back to marvel.

Apparently Marvel is going to concentrate on developing its other flagship characters for the next few years---- the Avengers and others.

I bet a fourth X-Men film will be made in about 10 years.

Well that was a quite unsatisfying experience.

I don't quite know what but it lacked something that the first two had.

I could have done without Angel at all in this movie, waste of space I thought. They were clearly trying to ground the creation of the cure in the personal level by it being a father trying to help his son but it really didn't work for me.

The moving of the Golden Gate Bridge by Magneto was just totally gratuitous and illogical. Surely there's far easier and stealthier ways to attack Alcatraz.

The death of Xavier was well done I thought, but I almost immediately thought he's not really dead is he, he's transferred his consciousness into that man he was talking about in the Ethics class.

The scenes involving Wolverine or Jean fucking people up were good and enjoyable.

I didn't mind the changing of the explanation of the origin of The Phoenix at all.

It's biggest failing is that it didn't make me feel anything for the characters, it lacked emotional resonance there were many scenes where it was trying for that but they all failed me.

Well, that was a bit shit. I couldnt really be bothered to do a whole large writeup for this terminally unfulfilling and underwhelming movie, so here is a review that articulates pretty much everything I wanted to say:

http://www.flickfilosopher.com/blog/2006/0...and_review.html

Didn't read this until I had submitted my own review but having now just read it he has it spot on this is exactly how I felt about it.

Well everything apart from the bit about "I'm the Juggernaut bitch" which I thought was quite funny. :biggrin:

The death of Xavier was well done I thought, but I almost immediately thought he's not really dead is he, he's transferred his consciousness into that man he was talking about in the Ethics class.

I was thinking maybe his consciousness is in Magneto.

Duke: The same what Chris said.

Though maybe she looks tastier somewhere else.

Nope i dont think so:

omahyra_mota.jpg

If she would grow long hair and close her mouth, maybe.

For a popcorn flick, it was ok.

For the last chapter of the X-Men Trilogy it was disappointing.

Now I understand it a little more, thanks.

And yes, like i said before.. the movie is a nice entertainment but.. I expected a bit more. Hope to see a good new one someday.

Nah, just the one that looks like a dude.

It would help if she didn't have sideburns.

Duke: The same what Chris said.

Though maybe she looks tastier somewhere else.

Nope i dont think so:

omahyra_mota.jpg

If she would grow long hair and close her mouth, maybe.

That is not a girl, thats a bloke. An UGLY bloke.

If she was so quick in the movie, how could she be stopped?. Just a shit charACTER.

Regardless of how poor I thought the movie is, they've set it up quite well to continue. As long as the next one is called:

X-Men 4: The Search for Xavier.

:lol:

Kiwi Humour at its most larconic.