Sign in to follow this  
Tony B.

X-Men: The Last Stand

Hmmm.. i just got in from the pictures, just went to see x-men 3 obviously.

I actually really enjoyed it, i prefered it to the other 2 as well, it was alot more like the x-men comic book but still like the film, i know i will probably have you all repeat and tell me how little you liked it but honestly thaught it was relly good.

Also vinnie jones as juggernaut, what are you talking about thats actually how i envisioned juggernaut a fucking foul mothed hooligan, seriously

I actually really enjoyed it, i prefered it to the other 2 as well, it was alot more like the x-men comic book but still like the film....

The film version was still like the film. Congradulations, Mick, you've made your unintentional hilarious mistake for the month.

I actually really enjoyed it, i prefered it to the other 2 as well, it was alot more like the x-men comic book but still like the film....

The film version was still like the film. Congradulations, Mick, you've made your unintentional hilarious mistake for the month.

Another classic Mick line for the books. :blush:

Congradulations, Mick, you've made your unintentional hilarious mistake for the month.

Bravo there tony!

I meant like the film version of the x-men, and by that i mean bryan singers take on the x-men.

It was quite boring in the middle.

I thought that woman was The Artist Formerly Known As Prince til I saw her bra. She was so not born a woman. :D

I don't know loads about X-men, I've only watched the cartoons, but I agree Angel was undersued. What was the point of having him in there? Vinnie Jones is a toss-pot, end of. His muscle suit looked like this with a bit of fur stuck round the belly button.

It was ok, but only really so-so.

So much of what I feared came true....

Too many mutatnts!

Too many explosions in place of emotion!

Vinnie Jones sucked! Even the "I'm the Juggernaut, bitch" line was poorly delivered. It wasn't humorous, just laughable.

In fact, almost the whole movie was laughable. And not just the plot holes. The acting, the writing (Jesus, that was some horrendous dialogue), the story, the plot (was there one?)......

There were so many times when I rolled me eyes or scoffed at something someone said (especially McKellan as Magneto) that I lost count.

The Angel scenes were just plain weird (the last 2, not the first one where he cuts off his wings). When he stands up and flexes his wings I laughed so hard.

Oh, and the music was awful. It reinforced the cheesiness of the whole film.

Dark Phoenix was ok, but when Xavier was explaining Jean's condition I laughed so hard Pepsi flew out my nose.

Just way too corny all around, and very much a wankfest for all the longtime, hardcore X-fans.

Thouroughly bored and disappointed. I kept thinking of Star Wars Episode 3, and that's not a good thing.

On the other hand, I was grinning like an idiot during the Superman trailer.

Wää i hadnt any Superman Trailer :(

I liked the Jean-House scene and some several other things too, but apart from that, it really stinked, i was entertained but expected much much more of the material.

Lucky that internet exists, i love the new trailer (Did they play that with Lex saying "Kryptonite" in a funny way?)

Awsome one.

Yeah, really, i mean, before those trailers i didnt give much shit bout him, but Spacey as Luthor, man that man is gaga!

And the look of all that etc.

Marvelous.

The music in the end part made my hairs stand up.

I mean, feck, i have Supes logo as avatar! (Though i would like to have here an awsome Ghost Rider image as on another forum, but diversity is good).

Mmm, I certainly didnt leave the cinema with the same sense of enjoyment as I did when I watched X-Men 2, yet I didnt feel quite as underwhelmed as I did after watching the first film. In short, there was some nice action sequences here. One of the big death scenes was done well at least, another one was well surprising by its absense, and the climactic one didnt feel very climactic...

Magneto was cool, Iceman vs Pyro was cool, I was mildy entertained by the brief sequence with Kitty and Juggernaut...some script writer didnt do Mystique any justice though, possibly ditto for Rogue...I wonder why they bothered with Angel at all really, Beast was better than I was expecting...oh and the dialogue in this film, really needed another look at...

Never read the whole Pheonix/Dark Pheonix arc, but I assume it was meant to be much grander than how it appeared here...it just felt so underwhelming that ending...

The Phoenix story used in this movie was much closer to Grant Morrison's Phoenix story than the actual Dark Phoenix saga.

How does Marvel feel about DC pimping their movie on an X-Men film? And how does Marvel feel about those 5 minutes of Superman being more beloved than an entire movie about the X-Men?

I haven't seen it yet....but I just want to say, the Juggernaut looks like crap! That was no Juggernaut!

Its not so much a case of dislike, the film just failed to make any great impression on me. Twas a worthwhile excursion, but nothing special.

I know.

But since i saw it i just thought about how bad it was.

But i forgot that there were things which i liked.

So i have to watch it again for a clearer picture.

Sometime.

Like Vendetta too.

How does Marvel feel about DC pimping their movie on an X-Men film? And how does Marvel feel about those 5 minutes of Superman being more beloved than an entire movie about the X-Men?

I would have said the trailer was comedy relief. Though maybe trash would have been a better word.

I mean jesus how can you guys be looking forward to seeing it, it was camper than the original batman serise. Seriously and when i saw clark kent i couldn't help but think that it was a piss take that deserved to be on dead ringers, ditto for the luthor bit, in fact it really did look like that whole trailer was a sketch.

I laughed so hard Pepsi flew out my nose.

Oh man your lucky, my cinema just does coke, though we just baught some pepsi from work, as its over the road, and took

Oh man your lucky, my cinema just does coke, though we just baught some pepsi from work, as its over the road, and took

Were you being experimental again Mick?

Were you being experimental again Mick?

Maybe he had a heartattack half way through posting.

I didnt want ot hurt him, but my sister asked the same thing too when she saw her (Is it a dude? Or a gal?)

such narrow dimensions for HB fans...

Oh, do fuck off.

Tell you what...I won't judge you on who you find attractive if you extend the rest of us the same courtesy, OK? Thanks.

Besides, she looks like a fuckin' bloke. An ugly bloke, at that. :cool:

Anyway, the film. A mixed bag, but certainly not the catastrophe most people seem to be painting it as. The plot was thin, it raised far too many potentially-interesting questions which it then totally failed to offer any interesting answers to (although the concept of a mutant cure was far better-executed here than it was in Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men, to my mind), and as an adaptation of the core concepts/characters of the comics' X-universe, it was pretty much a failure - but then, that's all just as true of the first X-Men movie, and at least this one had some decent action sequences.

The killing-off of Cyclops was unfortunate, but since the films have totally failed to capture the essence of his character anyway, that was no great loss (particularly since Hugh Jackman then went on to play a character who was, basically, Cyclops for the rest of the story anyway). The re-working of the Phoenix concept as a "dual personality" thing was weak, but then again, they were never going to be able to credibly adapt the comics version anyway (epic, sun-exploding cosmic forces probably work better on the page than they would on-screen, at least in a franchise like this one), and I can forgive that for the excellence of the scene where she kills Xavier - tense, thrilling, and genuinely well-directed. The bit with Wolverine and Storm weeping like infants in each other's arms was ass, though.

As I said, Wolverine was...well, he wasn't Wolverine. He was Cyclops with a healing factor. Ho hum. Halle Berry was dreadful, but since she was dreadful in the last two X-films too, that was hardly a surprise. Famke Jansen had a great opening 20 minutes and then got to stand around being pointless for the next hour-and-a-half, which was a shame, but there you go. Vinnie Jones was as one-dimensional and crap as the Juggernaut as he has been in every other cinematic role he's ever played, and most of the supporting characters were shamefully under-utilised - but again, that shouldn't have come as a surprise to anyone who's seen the first two X-Men films (or, indeed, any other Vinnie Jones performance). Beast, on the other hand, was absolutely, 100% spot-on - the first totally successful comics-to-screen adaptation of an X-Men comics character in the entire trilogy, to my mind. Anyone complaining that he was just Frasier with a coat of blue fur is missing the fundamental point that Beast, in the comics, is essentially just Frasier with a coat of blue fur. They even got the "Oh, my stars and garters" line in there, and made it work. McKellen's Magneto was pretty good here, too - and, unlike the first two films, at least his diabolical scheme made a bit of sense this time.

I had a few more observations, but I really can't be bothered with them right now. Suffice to say that, while Ratner didn't exactly have the greatest script to work with, and he definitely failed to get as much out of his actors as Singer probably would have, he did a far better job of directing an all-out action film than Singer ever could (having re-watched both of them in the last few days, the action sequences in the first two X-films really are very stilted and unconvincing, for the most part). X-3 was a bit of a mess, but it was, for the most part, an entertaining one.

I didnt want ot hurt him, but my sister asked the same thing too when she saw her (Is it a dude? Or a gal?)

such narrow dimensions for HB fans...

Oh, do fuck off.

Tell you what...I won't judge you on who you find attractive if you extend the rest of us the same courtesy, OK? Thanks.

Besides, she looks like a fuckin' bloke. An ugly bloke, at that. :cool:

You're just jealous of her facial hair. :ohmy: