24 members have voted

1. 1. The More Or Less Likely Poll For November 2004

• I am getting more likely to see this film
    • I am getting less likely to see this film
    • I'm neither more nor less likely to see it
    • I am Tom, you know the score

Damn, that's bad news.

Time to change my vote again !

And yes, it really is at the stage where that is important to me.

I've been bored shitless by too many PG13 horror films.

Still, my chances of a freebie are high.

Remember--just because they plan on releasing it with an "r" rateing doesn't mean that they will stick to it when opening day comes.  Look at "Aliens Vs. Predator".

jaynova

Official word I just heard is that they were shooting for a PG-13, not an R. Bummer of all bummers... I was wrong.

Looks like I fired off that prediction right on time. Booya! Except that its bad news. Kind of. I dunno. Don't really care. The r rated version will prolly be on DVD.

Official word I just heard is that they were shooting for a PG-13, not an R.  Bummer of all bummers... I was wrong.

Fuck. That.

Jesus, I hate it when I'm fucking right, that's what I get for believing something Matadoor said.

Really disappointing news, I was actually starting to look forward to Constantine for a second there.

I don't see what difference the rating is going to make.

Any "adult" content would be anything but. All it would mean is T&A and a little bit of gore. The producers have more than proved that they haven't got the slightest grasp on the adult themes of the book.

Swearing aside, most of the things that I like about the book could probably be shoehorned into a PG-13 book.

Hell, they're making "His Dark Materials" into a film for kids and thats WAAAAAAY more subversive than Hellblazer ever has been.

I don't see what difference the rating is going to make.

Any "adult" content would be anything but. All it would mean is T&A and a little bit of gore. The producers have more than proved that they haven't got the slightest grasp on the adult themes of the book.

Swearing aside, most of the things that I like about the book could probably be shoehorned into a PG-13 book.

Hell, they're making "His Dark Materials" into a film for kids and thats WAAAAAAY more subversive than Hellblazer ever has been.

When they take an r rated idea and make a PG-13 film, if usually feels... restrained? Incomplete? Off?

Not that the movie would feel right anywho.

Ladies and gentlemen and Rogan: I have now cast my vote.

As you were.

first of all - you forgot Tom, and i AM too a lady!

care to tell us how you voted?

Rogan: Read both my previous posts, then make an educated guess...

(Yeah, you feel kinda stupid now dontcha? :lol: )

don't i always?

When they take an r rated idea and make a PG-13 film, if usually feels... restrained?  Incomplete?  Off? 

Not that the movie would feel right anywho.

I agree with this. I would disagree with Tom and say that a good adaptation of Hellblazer could never be PG 13. I'm not saying making an R rated movie would make it a good adaptation though - as TOm says, an R rating would probably just mean T&A and gore (though gore could make the movie more fun). But I think Hellblazer IS a pretty adult comic - its depictions of relationships and individual characters, if translated to film correctly would need an R rating. Also, pretty much every single plotline I really enjoyed involves mucho sick shit and would require an R rating to show.

But yeah, the whole rating thing is moot by now, I guess. AN R rating won't make this a good adaptation of the comic. Or even a good movie. I have given up on the movie being a good adaptation but I do at least hope that it won't be an unwatchable piece of garbage cos this will definitely lead to the comic getting a bad reputation.

Guest spiderlegs

Two words:

FREE Passes. Maybe one of our friendly WB shills will spot us some passes..?

So... is Laura coming with you, John?

Cos if she isn't, you might take krix to the event, and make her eternally happy... ;)