Selkie

Recommend a Superman comic

Just resurrecting this thread for a moment, but is All-Star Superman collected or going to be collected in a trade?

Since it's on issue #4 of 12 so far, it's not collected yet.

It's going to be collected, most likely in two trades of 6 issues each, but it'll be a while yet before they release any Trades.

Right now, the comic is bi-monthly, but there's never any telling when Quitely will take a couple extra months to finish the artwork for an issue, so it may become even more infrequent as time goes on.

We'll see....

Best, most hopeful estimate?

The first Trade will be available by Christmas or January.

There is a running story going on, but so far the issues kind of stand on their own as incredibly good reads anyway. Get one! They are good!

Lemme ressurrect this thread, and ask for any other good Supes books (other than the ones previously mentioned in this thread, which I've already read - even Supereme, Secret Identity and Samaritan stories from Astro City).

I know it's not Superman, but there's an issue of Mr. Majestic written by Alan Moore (an one-shot) that's an absolute must read.

I don't know if it's ever been collected.

The whole Mr. Majestic series from WildStorm by Joe Casey is a lot of fun. It homages the Silver Age Superman stories.

It was probably the greatest Superman stories told between Supreme and All-Star Superman...which is very sad, considering that neither Supreme or Mr. Majestic are literally Superman.

Hey, DC, why are most of the best stories with your most iconic character not stories featuring that character?