Mr. Tom Willecome

Nicholas Cage on Constanteen, sorry, Ghost Rider

Spot the similarity:

Latino Review has a set interview with Nicolas Cage about the Marvel adaptation. "The main thing that appealed to me about the character was that it was dealing with very complicated spiritual issues. And for a comic book, that to me seemed different than all the others. I have a line in the movie that we worked on in the movie where I say I'm the only one that can walk in both worlds. And Ghost Rider really is that, when you think about it. Spider-Man doesnÕt go into the supernatural or the spiritual world. Superman doesn't. Batman doesn't. But Ghost Rider really walks this dimension between two different worlds, and to me that is interesting. I find all that fascinating. I've always had an interest in the possibility of ghosts and the possibility of things that are in the unknown that we don't really comprehend or understand. So that made it more exciting for me. The other idea, that you can take a negative and turn it into a positive. How do you take this terrible mistake of making a deal with the devil and how do you take this curse and turn it into something good? Which, to me is unusual for a comic-book based movie. It's a pretty deep concept. And I was reading it when I was 10 years old. So that's pretty heavy stuff for kids to be reading."

The more I hear about Cage the more I think a lot of why Constanteen was a shitty film can be placed at his feet.

It went out the window once their egoes and paychecks surpassed the size of the Eiffel tower

Along those lines, I was watching a kind-of-sad documentary on Laurel and Hardy a few nights back, the poor buggers were really fucked over by that studio system.

Motorcycle stunt man makes pact with Devil.

Demon bonds with guy.

Fight between good and evil ensues within the guy's soul.

Guy becomes spirit of vengeance.

Yadda, yadda, yadda....Something like that.