What would you do?

If someone killed your fucking mom

Right in front of you

They killed his fucking dad

They took his fucking sword

He knew the riddle of steel

But he is no more

Awesome :lol:

I insist that someone of higher musical talent than I records that. Like, now. Hell, yesterday, if possible.

I insist that someone of higher musical talent than I records that. Like, now. Hell, yesterday, if possible.

Hey, let Lou do it. You may not know it, but he is a fucking ROCK STAR, the robot hands thing is just his paid hobby, he is actually a singer/writer/musician in a funky rock band, I kid you not.

I was pretty sure Lou played the guitar. A mean guitar, like Vinnie Vincent!

I was going to tell him, "Lou?" I was going to ask, I'd say, "Lou? Why don't you put music to these lyrics and sing them for the Forum?" That's what I was going to say to him.

I honestly don't care how faithful Conan The Barbarian is to the original Howard stories, because it's a fucking AWESOME film. If the same had been true of Constanteen, I'd be saying the same about that. Making a good film is more important than absolute fidelity to the source material - although a solid combination of both would be preferable, if you can only have one of the two I know which I'd prefer every time.

It's pretty close in some respects, and takes liberties in others.

Christian isn't far wrong about the comics being closer to the stories, though (even if Barry Windsor Smith did draw a slightly wussy looking Jim Morrison lookalike Conan: there's no way the lad in the stories was clean shaven along his jaw, let alone his chest...)

Mind you, I prefer the Solomon Kane stories myself.

Haha sweet :)

I thought its real until the f-words :)

No, serioussly. I play guitar in a band called Joe Brown and that's one of our tunes. Click the link for some of our other jams.

I insist that someone ...records that. Like, now. Hell, yesterday, if possible.

We recorded it straight to the PC. It sounds like shit. I'll see about getting you a copy.

We recorded it straight to the PC. It sounds like shit. I'll see about getting you a copy.

Bring it on - home-recorded Conan-rock for the win! :D

Edit: just listening to "The Blue Room" as I type. Wicked stuff, dude - got any more than's on that page?

I watched this a very long time ago, and then also only partially, but its funny that the trailer doesnt show our hero talking, not a single second :lol:

I generally dont like such fantasy-ancient-hero-materials, but i want to give it a try.

What kind of films should i like to like this?

Cuz i dislike Scorpion King, Xena, Herkules n all that stuff.

And hows the picture with the second film?

I watched this a very long time ago, and then also only partially, but its funny that the trailer doesnt show our hero talking, not a single second :lol:

I generally dont like such fantasy-ancient-hero-materials, but i want to give it a try.

Conan the Barbarian is the one you should like. It is required of you.

The second one is shit and beneath everyone's notice. Highly disappointing.

Why is it required?

So it is really kinda...good?

Isnt Arnie unintentionally funny? Or anything else?

Or does he, like in the trailer, zip his mouth all along the film?

Why is it required?

So it is really kinda...good?

No "kinda" about it - Conan's an excellent film. Arnie is surprisingly good throughout (his performance on the audio commentary he and John Milius provide on the DVD, however, is unalloyed comedy gold), mainly because the part relies more on his physical presence than his thespian abilities. There are some beautifully-directed visual sequences, the location and set work is superb, the story is simple but effective, and most of the cast play their parts well (only the female lead really annoys). You should definitely watch it.

Ok then.

Though i didnt really like the parts i saw when i was younger- As said, not my genre.

But who knows.

That was a good mini review there by Mark but what he neglects to mention is that this movie has a sheer cool factor that is sorely lacking in most. It is so wonderfully pulpy and shamelessly macho and is so full of the most awesome lines of dialogue. Basically, it has mojo of some sort. A certain je ne sais quoi. Soul. Jive. I dont know how to say it. It's excellent beyond just being a good movie (which it is). Class stuff. It's movies like this that are (for me anyhow) amongst the things that are best in life :biggrin:

I really should go out and purchase the soundtrack. I could do with some music to get me going in the morning...Lou K lyrics optional.

You dislike Hercules and Xena?!?! Are you freakin kidding me??! I thought we'd be on the same page of liking the Constantine film very much dispite everyone else's disliking, but I'm not sure if I'm on your side anymore after claiming your dislike for Hercules and Xena. :tongue:

You dislike Hercules and Xena?!?! Are you freakin kidding me??! I thought we'd be on the same page of liking the Constantine film very much dispite everyone else's disliking, but I'm not sure if I'm on your side anymore after claiming your dislike for Hercules and Xena. :tongue:

In that case, your side is a place of Wrong, and no-one should be entirely comfortable about sharing it.