Christian

The Eternal Thread

Meanwhile, back to the Eternals:

what issue are they up to now? I've only read the first one.

I'm waiting for the bind up. I can't see why anybody bothers buying Marvel miniseries as the individual issues come out at the moment. (Now if they were reissuing the original series as single issues with the art recoloured and cleaned up, rather than as a hardback for fifty quid, on the other hand...)

Guest spiderlegs

Yeah, well, I didn't want to leave the shop empty handed because they were having hard times.

Yeah, well, I didn't want to leave the shop empty handed because they were having hard times.

It's not like they're bankrupt at the moment though, and I'd even hazard to say that they've earned hard times by shipping stuff late, or with different writers and/or artists than they promised or by generally mucking their readers about.

Unless you mean the shop, rather than Marvel, in which case I admire your backbone.

I think he meant the shop.

In which case it's greatly to his credit, then.

Guest spiderlegs

Yeah, the shop. I always talk to the owner or whoever is behind the counter and he's telling me he's not selling much (in the past 3years, two other shops have moved in close to him including a big chain down the street). So, I had budgeted myself 2 books and couldn't find anything I buy regularly, so I picked up the Eternals. Is that OK? :tongue:

Meanwhile, back to the Eternals:

what issue are they up to now? I've only read the first one.

Issue #2 came out a few weeks back.

It's still horribly over-priced, even without the double-sized features of #1.

Guest spiderlegs

Man, comic shop people should at least TRY to be informed. The guy I asked yesterday said 3 was coming out Wednesday, and I was like "already?"

According to my sources, which is John McMahon posting a list of comics expected to arrive this coming Weds., Eternals #3 will not be available this week.

Maybe he was just trying to get you into his store this week?

Guest spiderlegs

Why...that cumguzzling WHORE! Bastard cocksucking FUCK!

I'll kill him, that's what I'll do!

This was pretty dull, yes - the half-way point of the series, and not much is really happening. The high-speed 'fight' scene at the beginning was great, and Romita's art is still blowing me away - some of his double-page spreads this issue were stunning, and his story-telling is second-to-none - but at this point, it's definitely a case of stunning art carrying a lacklustre story. It's not bad, by any means, but I've seen the same sort of material done far better by plenty of writers, including Gaiman himself.

The Civil War crossover stuff is really hampering the series, too.

Damn, for a "thread that can never die" this thread certainly has died!

No wonder, as this book is just plain boring. The penultimate issue came out today, and the team and plot is finally introduced. There's been absolutely nothing to discuss about this book since the first issue!

Damn, I can't believe this book has actually been going on for 5 months, as the amount of information I remember about the series would make me guess we are on part 2.

I wonder why I even bothered to keep buying this book.

It better have a monumental, earth-changing final issue, or it'll officially be the most boring comic I have read all year.

I fear it's actually just going to be used as an excuse to reintroduce the Eternals into the Marvel U, and won't even have a proper ending....