TestosteRohne

Batman Reloaded

I liked it because we got to see Bruce Wayne, we havent seen him in ages. I think I read in an interview Morrison said that Bruce Wayne didnt die when he witnessed his parents death. His agenda just changed to something different. I also liked how he had there be two different version of bruce. The one who is constantly working on ways of upgrading his equipement (the Growl type voice one), and then there's the Playboy Billionaire who is the mask. The real Bruce Wayne is the one that is a combo of Batman and Bruce Wayne.

For all your Batman related enquiries, please consult our resident Bat expert Mark.

Thoughts?

Loved Dini's first issue.

Williams was even better than I had thought.

Gordon's tie and fishing trophies were superb details.

The page layouts never really fealt too selfconscious either and the colouring was beyond vivid.

I'm not sure that Facade may last or become an iconic memeber of Bat's rogue gallery, but that wasn't the issues point.

Judging a comic by it's cover, I was concerned that Batman would retain the gimped out look of his movie costume.

All in all, a superb and self contained issue.

Roll on the Manbats!!!

Dini+Williams=the shiznit. Fucking fantastic issue.

Gorgeous art, especially the first fight scene.

Story was pretty good, single issue tales don't tend to hold my interest over time so I'm not sure how long I'll be around for.

I feel the same way. Although it is a great challenge for a writer to start, write and end something all in one issue, I'm looking for something that could go a few issues. Or even something like All Star Superman where each issue is its own entity but there's a common theme among them all.

So while the issue was a good Batman read with excellent art, I prefer something like Matt Wagner's Batman and the Monster Men. Just my 2 cents.

Dini and Williams on Detective is definetly a good thing. Williams' art is perfect for Batman. Ever since I saw him do a fill-in during the Dough Moench/Kelly Jones days on Batman, I wanted this guy drawing Batman full time. I don't care for the b&w highlights when Batman hits someone. Brings up bad memories of the 60's TV show. While I do like DC wanting to have different story telling styles on the two main Batman titles; 1 issue stories in Detective Comics and larger arcs in Batman, I too want longer than 1 issue stories in Detective Comics. Maybe just keep them down to 2-4 issues maxium. But Paul Dini's grasp on Batman is currently second to none, so that alone may be enough to make me overlook the 1 issue stories.

I may have totally imagined this, but I think Dini said that he'd be doing at least a couple of two-parters. I'd be surprised if there isn't at least a vague through-line of continuity over the course of his run, too, even if it's just a few loose thematic links or some background character development.

Personally, I'm hugely excited by the prospect of this book and Morrison's Batman co-existing - if both creators are anywhere near the top of their game, the two titles will complement each other brilliantly. The first Dini issue has given Morrison a heck of a standard to match up to, but his recent work on Seven Soldiers and All-Star Superman suggests that he'll be up to the challenge. It's going to be fun finding out.

Personally, i like the Single Issue approach taken by Dini. It harkens back to the days when stories weren't so decompressed (my youth). I'd be suprised if there weren't a common subplot that ends up running thru the whole run of the book. yes sir. I like not having to worry about missing part 3 of 6 just because the store was sold out/got shorted/whatever. I hope more writers take this approach.

I agree with Dave.

I have a harder time keeping interested in multi-part story-arcs, because usually the middle chapters will end up being pacing stories that you really don't have to read to comprehend the stories.

Morrison sort of spoiler

(Son of Batman vs Robin!)

The potential of Morrison's run has me wetter than a hooker on her first day back at work from a really long and invigorating holiday.

Fact.

Shame that his WildC.A.T.S will only be bimonthly.

But....But....You get Morrison's Authority every month that you won't get WildCATS! Collect them all to get Morrison WildStorm action every month!

But....But....You get Morrison's Authority every month that you won't get WildCATS! Collect them all to get Morrison WildStorm action every month!

Aaah that's shrewd that is.

Ellis are you listening?

Interesting tidbit from Morrison @ SDCC about his upcoming Batman:

"The Joker gets shot in the face, point blank in the first issue," Morrison said, saying that a new Joker will appear in his fifth issue, and will fuel a new Batman-Joker dynamic.

More Morrison and Dini goodness about Batman at Newsarama.com. Here is an article about the "big 3".

http://www.newsarama.com/SDCC06/DC/thebig3.html

It looks like Morrison is going to be off to a great start!

That's something that needed to be done for years!

Joker is so over-used, I get completely sick of the character.

You know it's bad when DC releases a Batman mini-series by Sam Kieth and I end up being unable to buy the series because it's all about the Joker.

]

The art does look a bit confusing, but I'm guessing those pages are of order.

And yes that does look good. I mean most would say that Batman would never kill a person. BUt I think the Joker is one person that for Batman, it wouldnt matter.

]

The art does look a bit confusing, but I'm guessing those pages are of order.

And yes that does look good. I mean most would say that Batman would never kill a person. BUt I think the Joker is one person that for Batman, it wouldnt matter.

Personally that would ruin Batman mythos Wolvy.

Even in Dark Knight Returns, as far gone as Bats was, he still couldn't do it.

That was much the point of the surprisingly well handled scene in the last issue of Infinite Crisis too.

Kubert's art looks like Jim Lee here.

No complaints though.

If you want that storyline however, pick up Alan Davis' JLA-The Nail and it's sequel the imaginatively titled JLA-Another Nail.

An Elseworlds tale that examines a Batman who has killed the Joker.

Ok I just checked, and there is a page missing from that preview.

Obivously that wasnt Batman, because Batman doesnt carry around a gun and wouldnt get beatin soo badly by the Joker. I mean this is Morrison, he had Batman man handle a bunch of white martians. From what I'v been told is that Batman(Bruce Wayne) was away on another case, so some cop put on a Batman costume and decided to try to stop the Joker once and for all. It ended up not going well, and Batman(Wayne). got there too late to stop the shooting. The page that is missing shows the othjer Batmans body being carried away by an ambulance with the cape covering him. We then see the real batman take the jokers body and toss it into a dumpster or something. Yeah that part does sound odd, but really I'm thinking that the Joker survives, comes back and kills the New Joker later on. Because really, this is the Joker. he survived being beatin half to death and blown up by Jason Todd. If Black mask can survive being shot in the face by Catwoman, then The joker can too. :lol:

Because really, this is the Joker. he survived being beatin half to death and blown up by Jason Todd. If Black mask can survive being shot in the face by Catwoman, then The joker can too. :lol:

Jason wasn't trying to kill the Joker.

Wasn't he? I thought his

Whole plan was to either kill

The Joker himself or force

Bats to do it.

That whole storyline was

Bullshit anyway.

Everyone survives

Being caught up in

An explosion that takes

Out the top of a tower?

Tish and fipsy.