TestosteRohne

Batman Reloaded

i cannot be the only one who hates the latest robin costume,the green and red combination was one of the best costume tweaks ever(and unless i'm mistaken we have chuck dixon to thank for that)now he's wearing the all red costume in the main bat books and the bootie shorts and elf slippers in all star.

jason todd is rolling over in his grave.......or not.

Grant Morrison is the Jesus Christ of comic books. Without a doubt.

That interview got me so excited to see what Grant has upcoming in Batman.

I just read the latest issue. Considering Grant has stated what the issue is, an issue long fight with Ninja Man Bats, I took the issue for what it was, which was fun.

I thought Batman beat up all those Ninja Man Bats a bit too easily though....

I love how he subtly said that Frank Millers Holy Terror is a stupid idea, and that his version of batman is a pile of shit. :lol:

I do love how even the most unimportant event to US. does actually have a lasting effect and will infact be the focus of a story down the line. Most writers would just do that little thing and then leave it alone forever. Not, Grant.

You remember that bus full of orphans. Well it turns out one of those kids is actually going to snap down the line from seeing such a traumatic event. The kid will then try to kill the Joker and end up getting Joker gased and becoming insane.

You remember that tick that Batman stepped on in #658? Well that Tick was actually a being born from hyper time and when Batman stepped on it, the beings entire universe and reality was erased. The creature will return in #679 and basically slowly take control of all the fleas, Mites and lice in Gotham city. That Tick will also align it self with...Bat-mite, and end up hitching a ride on Ace the Bat-hound.

i have to respectfully disagree with you on this one wolvy,i think grant is flat out telling miller to put his money where his pen is.

too many people who are in favor of this war have never even spoken to a "real middle easterner"and merely continue to propigate stereotypes based on movies and ignorance.but so as not to derail the thread, a question.

the new robin costume-worse or worst ever?

actually my comment towards miller may be kinda harsh,he lives in the same free country as me and is entitled to make a comic called rakshade spends all day stirring a bubbling crock of bullshit if he sees fit.

however mr.morrisons calling him out in such a ballsy fashion is fantastic.

my real fear is that this comic of his will be one more thing this administration can use to tap into americas latent racism towards any culture but it's own(or those who blindly agree with "us")

but again i'm not gonna derail-robins new costume-crime or an offense to god?

It's just a comic. It won't have an effect on the overall zeitgeist.

It's certainly below the notice of Bush and his cronies.

I think anyone who reads Miller's propaganda and buys into Miller's rant is someone who is already sold on the "war on terror".

are you with us or against us christian!!!?

i say robins costume is a flaming pile and i love god and country.

are you saying his red pants and al queda is okay?green pants,green i say!

oh well at least they kept the black and yellow cape.seriously though am i the only one who hates the red pants?

I've....I've never really cared for Robin....I admit it.

I refused to talk about Robin's costume, because I don't really care.

I always liked the early LOTDK stories and the Batman title in the 1980s because they didn't feature Robin.

It's hard to have a dark and gritty detective story when you have some little kid dressed in a bright costume beside you.

I'm....I'm just more disturbed by Robin now that I've read the Morrison interview, as he states that Bruce was only 20 years old when he adopted Robin.

Why would a 20 year old young man want to adopt a teenage boy?!

lotdk rocked.the logic behind his adopting robin was a sort of"me and him are kindred spirits"sort of thing that doesn't make any sense out here under the yellow sun.

by the way christian do you really think that it's so far fetched that miller,when this al queda vs batman book comes out that he wont be fielding offers for invites from maybe-fox news,cnn,daily show and colbert report.i can just see bill o'reilly pretended not to have distain for the whole medium when he spends two seconds referring to millers other ground breaking batman books and why this one is so important.

now back on topic-who would you rather have on your side,adolf hitler wearing the new robin costume or jesus h. christ wearing the old green and red? no pressure i wont judge.

Good to always have Jesus on you side!

I read the latest issue, and although I wasn't into the last issue, I loved this one. I thought it was great clean fun and the ending made me chuckle. I just find it so funny how Morrison takes such simple random things and make it seem both ridiculous and serious. Can't wait for next issue with Brucie's sons fighting for "Daddy's approval."

I prefer Morrison when he's being surreal.

It's not that I dislike his more straight-ahead superhero stuff, it's just that I don't find it particularly ground-breaking or exciting.

It's solid enough, but I'm not a big fan of superhero comics in general, so solid doesn't mean "sold."

A comparison I think of is Michael Jordan and his attempt at professional baseball. MJ was one of, if not the, greatest basketball players ever. As a baseball player he was just average.

Morrison when he's being surreal, weird, and deep: Amazing.

Morrison when he's being "normal": Just ok.

However, in light of his interview with Newsarama I can see what he's trying to accomplish and so far I think he's succeeded.

Whether it's enough to keep me shelling out for the monthlies, I don't know.

If he throws in a fiction suit I'll gladly write him and DC a check post haste.

Good stuff!

Personally I expected more of a comic book fight orgy (50 Ninja Man-Bats remember!), and the use of the Lichtenstein pop art as virtual comic panels could have been far more innovative.

With respect to his interview, I believe Morrison did achieve those Dark Knight Returns-esque internal monologues but balanced with a healthiar mindframe.

Morrison's effort makes Frank's All Star offering all the more ridiculous.

Even tired lines are given a Morrison refreshment.

Langstrom's "They forced me to do it- I know that sounds like some cliche-but ithey literally did.

And Bruce estimating Talia's age when she received the London lair (surely not more ridiculous than his Bat cave).

Kubert's art was a bit iffy sometimes though.

The interview still has me psyched.

So Batman meets son, now the really hard writing begins.

Personally I expected more of a comic book fight orgy (50 Ninja Man-Bats remember!)

True dat.

and the use of the Lichtenstein pop art as virtual comic panels could have been far more innovative.

I thought the Lichten-like art was used well, humourusly at that.

Take a closer look at what the word bubbles say in the paintings in the background during the fight.

Unless Morrison's making detailed notes, that's about as good as you're going to get from Kubert.

Even tired lines are given a Morrison refreshment.

Langstrom's "They forced me to do it- I know that sounds like some cliche-but ithey literally did.

And Bruce estimating Talia's age when she received the London lair (surely not more ridiculous than his Bat cave).

Yes.

Kubert's art was a bit iffy sometimes though.

Too much truth.

Morrison can't be "normal" anymore.

He's rewired his brain into a constant schizophrenic state (without the negative affects) through carefully planned drug use.

Even when he tries to write a straight superhero story, it's still twisted and skewered from what other writers do in that genre.

Morrison doesn't have crazy ideas popping up all the time in Batman, but surely he can't have many left right now since he puts at least 50 ideas in every panel of All Star Superman!

I agree with Balt's assessment, "Morrison takes such simple random things and make it seem both ridiculous and serious". That's the approach Morrison is taking with Batman.

the new robin costume-worse or worst ever?

Worse. In some other thread I described it as a step backwards, IIRC. I can't believe you don't read all my posts. :icon_cry:

Worst ever was the original pedo-bait costume. That was fucking wrong.

I've....I've never really cared for Robin....I admit it.

It's only ever been physical, hey?

I always liked the early LOTDK stories and the Batman title in the 1980s because they didn't feature Robin.

It's hard to have a dark and gritty detective story when you have some little kid dressed in a bright costume beside you.

For sure. DC realised that years ago and got rid of Robin, but of course you can't really change anything in superhero™ comics, so before long (enough) he was ba-ack. Just like the 70s Batman is back, and it's new and exciting!

Why would a 20 year old young man want to adopt a teenage boy?!

To keep the chimp company?

the new one came out yesterday and sold out where i shop.fuck.

jason i print out all your posts and save them in my "two favorite mr. t's" shrine and read them on christmas,it's august gimme time.

but yeah i think robins original costume was frederick werthem -tastic(hope the names right,if not fuck him)

oh,by the way mark or anyone else who first spies millers response(which has to happen)please post a link or draw me a map,cause i am dying to know what he has to say to morrison.

John Byrne's not jealous of Morrison at all, not even a little.

I'm slowly starting to warm to Robin myself, Lapham gave him a good outing (so to speak) in City Of Crime and his brief appearance in Grant's first issue was nifty.

Also....

asb_batmobile1.jpg

asb_batmobile2.jpg

How was Lapham's run on Batman? I remember you guys were excited about the idea, but I dunno if you all enjoyed it. And I saw it released on trade when I went shopping two days ago, a nice think book it was.