TestosteRohne

Batman Reloaded

Mark's the official forum voice on all things Batman.

Unless, that is, they somehow involve the Boy Wonder, in which case Keeyah gets the final word.

Anyway, second issue of Grant's Batman was hella fun - Batman beats up a fuckload of Ninja Man-Bats and then meets his long lost son. Tops!

Heh. Respect my authoritaah.

Anyway, I probably shouldn't have been so crotchety about the whole secret identity thing, but aside from the grumpiness, I stand by what I said. It's one of those recurring criticisms which come up from time to time, and they always bug me because they're so pointless. It's like reading a Superman comic and saying "this is silly, because people can't really fly".

You will not call Batman. Bats or anything else Besides his proper title. "Batman". Unless you personally know and work with him. He puts his life on the line each and every day for YOUR entertainment! You will show him the proper respect he deserves! :icon_evil:

:lol:

Remember with Human Target when James kept complaining that Milligan wasn't explaining things such as "why are the police doing this or that?", when Milligan's view of reality was skewered? You couldn't think that deeply into the series because Milligan was presenting a world like ours except off-kilter?

Except the only thing that was actually 'off-kilter' about it was Chance's uncanny abilities.

But that's another argument.

You will not call Batman. Bats or anything else Besides his proper title. "Batman". Unless you personally know and work with him. He puts his life on the line each and every day for YOUR entertainment! You will show him the proper respect he deserves! :icon_evil:

HAHAHA, where was this posted? I don't remember ever seeing this post, its amazing. Although from time to time I still call him Bats :biggrin: I've no worries, Daredevil, Constantine, and Two-Face will protect me :p

I never actually said that. Wolvy was making with the funny. Rather well, apparently.

Heh heh, much too well. I can totally see you saying that. ;)

You wound me, sir.

HAHAHA, where was this posted? I don't remember ever seeing this post, its amazing. Although from time to time I still call him Bats :biggrin: I've no worries, Daredevil, Constantine, and Two-Face will protect me :p

I never actually said that. Wolvy was making with the funny. Rather well, apparently.

Except without the shitty grammar and spelling.

Except without the shitty grammar and spelling.

Fo shizzle mah my nizzle. You can go ahead and suck my dizzle.

The spelling was perfect.

Actually the entire post was in proper grammar as well, with good syntax.

Give the man his credit.

It was just the floating punctuations and nebulous capital letters that were the problem....but really, it's like some sort of dream state. Capital B's floating here and there for no reason. A period passing you by where it never should have been.

It's a unique writing style, and I enjoy it. It's something different.

Wolvy has transcended grammar. Everyone who mocks his style is behind the times. You don't understand that he's become a new art form unto himself.

Trace is now equivalent to the Catholic church to Wolvy's Galileo.

I'm hip to Wolvy's style now. I'm not going to be a tool for the establishment. He's like a neo-Platonist version of Peter Milligan.

The spelling was perfect.

Actually the entire post was in proper grammar as well, with good syntax.

Give the man his credit.

It was just the floating punctuations and nebulous capital letters that were the problem....but really, it's like some sort of dream state. Capital B's floating here and there for no reason. A period passing you by where it never should have been.

It's a unique writing style, and I enjoy it. It's something different.

Wolvy has transcended grammar. Everyone who mocks his style is behind the times. You don't understand that he's become a new art form unto himself.

Trace is now equivalent to the Catholic church to Wolvy's Galileo.

I'm hip to Wolvy's style now. I'm not going to be a tool for the establishment. He's like a neo-Platonist version of Peter Milligan.

I thought I was more or less what would happen if Grant Morrison, Alan Moore and Stephen King had a gay orgy and I was their bastard child.

"If I had a dick, this is where I'd tell you to suck it."-Betty White.

Did Wolvy just tell us he doesn't have a dick?

Did Wolvy just tell us he doesn't have a dick?

No it was a quote from the Roast of William Shatner.

Detective Comics #823-Well, that was creepy. A Batman horror story. It was a good use of Poison Ivy. These are the type of stories she needs to be used in. I really enjoy the Poison Ivy character. There were some fun scenes thrown in too, like the interaction between Robin and Ivy.

I'm not enjoying Dini as much as Morrison, but this is incredibly solid story-telling with a good understanding of Batman and his rogues' gallery. First time I've ever been interested in buying both core Bat-titles every month. This is the best the Bat-books have been since Brubaker.