A. Heathen

Simple binary Constanteen poll

How do you feel about this film, based upon what you have heard/read ?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about this film, based upon what you have heard/read ?

• I am mostly positive about this film.
    • I am mostly negative about this film.

Guest Sponge
Pros

Rachel Weisz, Djmon Hounsou and Gavin Rossdale. The only actors in the film that seem to have giving good performances in this helping pile of crap.

Decent one minute trailer.

Cons:

Keanu Reeves (what do you think?)

Shia LaBeouf (who is much worse than Reeves himself.)

A studio that is trying to give a snow job to the fans.

A movie that many reviews have pointed out that looks very unfinished.

The cons out match the pros two to one here.

Sorry about the typos there…. I’m half in the bag and Thanksgiving dinner is not even ready yet. I hope you got what I meant. :blink:

Why are you critiquing my opinions on what I think is good and bad and not anyone else here? I thought this was a simple binary thread where we expressed what we personally think? I am not entitled to my opinion like anyone else without getting a disertation?

Film makers replaced tired and overused occult devices such as candles and pentagrams with something more provacative.  You have to actually see it to understand what I mean.

Are you talking about the beetle in a box? You are, aren't you? Stop talking about the beetle in a box!

The organic nature of Constantine's world and work has been retained.  No high tech gadgets, no cell phones, no SUV's.

Instead you get dumb supernatural gadgets. I SAID STOP TALKING ABOUT THE BEETLE IN A BOX!

And there are cell phones in Hellblazer - John just doesn't have one of his own.

Johns attitude has been retained altough is somewhat darker than comic but this seems to work by the nature of the Dangerous Habit's spine.

I'm not sure I understood that sentence, but if you're saying that John's arsehole demeanour works within the context of the film, I have to disagree. The great thing about Dangerous Habits was that it had many scenes where John was just a regular guy and good friend (his last night with Brendan, the scenes where he says goodbye to his family and Chas, the discussions with Matthew the other cancer patient). This film doesn't have any of that, save a rather nice bit of banter between himself and Midnite just before the final reel.

Rachel Weiss is phonomenal in the film and her story really shines.

She's pretty. =^_^=

Her story sucks, though. She's mostly just there to get put in danger.

Not too much CGI or in your face FX.

Um... working from memory:

*The Scavenger being hit by a car.

*The "Deportation".

*John's childhood.

*A business of flies.

*The various visits to Hell.

*Midnite's Club.

*The scenes on the electric chair.

*Angela's kidnapping (dragged through an office block).

*The new bit in the graveyard at the end that we all hate.

*Everything in the final act.

No sex with demons.

They cut out the bit about Ellie?

Pros:

Well...the lead actor (obviously).

The other actors seem to be good.

From the pictures and teaser trailer I've seen so far I like the look of it.

I've found this site and started reading comic books for the first time in my life and I'm really getting into the trades.

I've been to my first Comic Con on the strength of this film and the books, and enjoyed it.

On balance the reviews so far seem to agree that the CGI isn't too over the top and some characters are left fairly natural, ie without horns and suchlike, which I like the sound of.

Cons:

Chaz and whatever it is that happens to him.

Holy shotgun sounds dodgy. I just hope it looks better than it sounds, thats all.

Bucket of water/footspa/whatever it is. I hope it gets explained properly in the fims because it sounds odd to me. I found an old picture on this thread (it's old - everyone's probably already seen it) and it looks like a saucepan of water here.

People who defend the film (nothing wrong with that) without knowing anything about the books and therefore not having a clue where the other point of view is coming from (makes the argument tiresome and pointless, even for me as someone who is looking forward to the film).

EDIT: Oh yes, nearly forgot. If its PG 13 that means there won't be NEARLY as much sex and violence as there ought to be.

Why are you critiquing my opinions on what I think is good and bad and not anyone else here?  I thought this was a simple binary thread where we expressed what we personally think?  I am not entitled to my opinion like anyone else without getting a disertation?

Hey, don't take it personally - I'd argue with everyone else if I disagreed with what they said.

You have been drinking, haven't you. Who the hell is 'Tails'?

Bucket of water/footspa/whatever it is. I hope it gets explained properly in the fims because it sounds odd to me. I found an old picture on this thread (it's old - everyone's probably already seen it) and it looks like a saucepan of water here.

Hmm, someone seems to have nicked Tim's art and stuck a little URL in the top left corner. I wonder if he'd appreciate that? Maybe he has something worked out with the person in question, but it just seems wrong to me.

Anyone got his e-mail address?

The kind that say things like:

"hoho,I like Constantine,like keanu cooooooooooooool"

and

"I will see Constantine1, Constantine2,Constantine3.play this game"

Neither of which appear to make the slightest bit of sense.

...And Smear the Cheese!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry Preacher moment there

Ok folks the stuff is still up there, seems my other half's laptop just gave out. I don't think the guy's being mallicious, after all he's stuck the same water mark on the film photos, and I'm not sure if he's involved with the film. He's also obviously been to the gallery section, and nabbed the first two things that say constantine (if it were me I'd nab the two that are actually in the main constantine section). Anyhoo, thank so much for the support but everybody chill. I'm not going to shout and scream, and that skull-ish image was for the 10th anniversary book of Tripwire magazine. If anyone was gonna scream it'd be them.

Thank you again

Tim

AWW!! Someone stole my selfmade Constantine wallpaper, recolored it and put it on there. :sad: That's not very nice... Or is it just coincidence?

This was mine

Btw, I always get the creeps from mhz... :ph34r:

post-59-1101482485_thumb.jpg

It's not the one that "My Dog Shot JFK" put up is it? He seems to be claiming to have put it together himself. Inform the forum's administrator ASAP.

Maybe coincidence?? I posted mines like months ago to Club Keanu.

Why can't I reply at that forum, even when I'm logged in??

Edit: Fuck coincidence , I checked it again and my bgr was used. That's a little rude of the guy whose dog shot JFK.

Guest spiderlegs

Those [over-used word]S! Plagiarizing art is a serious faux pas! I could sic a hacker friend of mine on them, if you'd like. By the time he got through with them, every post would be encrypted and every jpeg turned into the dancing baby...

Those [over-used word]S! Plagiarizing art is a serious faux pas! I could sic a hacker friend of mine on them, if you'd like. By the time he got through with them, every post would be encrypted and every jpeg turned into the dancing baby...

Haha, if necessary I sent my own people too, let´s have a war :lol: Your avatar looks exactly like Floris, a boy I know btw. What/who is it?