A. Heathen

Simple binary Constanteen poll

How do you feel about this film, based upon what you have heard/read ?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about this film, based upon what you have heard/read ?

• I am mostly positive about this film.
    • I am mostly negative about this film.

The good news is that it's on Superhero Hype, because didn't they get all upset when their "exclusive" interview was quoted early ?

Or was that another of the Corporate Shill Sites posing as Fan sites ?

Guest Guest
Johns attitude has been retained altough is somewhat darker than comic but this seems to work by the nature of the Dangerous Habit's spine.

Jude Law is not in this film, the only one he isn;t in in 2004.

you telling me that this sanitized PG 13 Constantine is darker than the comic. THIS comic?? One of the darker of Vertigo's offerings? course I guess you'll tell me I shouldnt talk since I havent seen it yet but I dont need to have seen Bridget Jones 2 to know that its less dark than the comic either.

And as for Jude Law not being in the film, this is a positive how? It'd have probably been a better choice than Keanu.

I think he means that John's attitude is darker (read: in the film, he's a twat).

I found the Jude Law comment funny. See? I don't disagree with everything Tears says.

Why are you critiquing my opinions on what I think is good and bad and not anyone else here?  I thought this was a simple binary thread where we expressed what we personally think?  I am not entitled to my opinion like anyone else without getting a disertation?

You Tears... Your opinions are so weird... :blink: For example, you consider positive in the film the sex with demons. Well, 13 jokes come on my mind without thinking them :laugh: !

The 'overused' ocult symbology can be powerful in a subliminal sense. Have you seen a Tool video, I think it's called Parabol/Parabola? There are ocultist symbols on it and they work in the images. I suppose Francis Lawrence considere more powerful the effect you get in the screen with a Holy Shotgun than with a nude virgin wearing a goat-head helmet. Maybe because there was a Holy Shotgun in 'Open Dusk Till Down'.

And, occultism doesn't use devices (apart of the Tarot). There are more respetable names related to those activities. I'm not saying I practice them or even believe in them, anyway... :icon_rolleyes:

I too consider sex with demons to be a plus - not the kind of thing you'd expect from a Hollywood leading man.

I'm a bit miffed about the line of thought which seems to be suggesting that comic is steeped in stereotypical occult trappings, when from the outset it's not only distanced itself from such things but poured scorn on them!

As for Warners, I dropped them a mail Friday asking if they could hook me up with some of those one-sheets to give away as prizes on the site, hopefully we'll be talking again next week.

Dear God, Shanice, I hope he dosn't look exactly like that. :ph34r:

Yah, he does!! It's really the sweetest boy. But he looks like that cos' he has down syndrome.

By the way, my little sister is the newest Hellblazer fan! She loves the comics, she reads them over and over. When I told her that the girl from "Vanilla Sky" would play Gabriel, her answer was "But I thought it was a man!"

And as for Jude Law not being in the film, this is a positive how? It'd have probably been a better choice than Keanu.

I think he could have been credible as Gabriel/The Snob.

True.

James, Adrian etc have nicked all my points. The balance for me is negative, because I have such a profound love for the comic. If I didn't I might actually have really enjoyed the film.

Also, the LOSS of a really GOOD HB film is a big negative.

Why didnt they get Sting to play as John? Their about the same age. Johns appearence was Based on sting.

Does the making of a crappy Constantine movie really rule out some real fan of the movie making a good version someday?

Though I suppose if this one does badly, no studio will ever fund it. Or if it does well, future movies will all be sequels where Keanu continues shotgunning people. Oh well. One can always dream.

Well there was a guy posting on the old forum who said he was making a fan film but haven't heard anything from him in a month or so now.

Someone contacted me about hosting their Helblazer screenplay but again I haven't heard from them in a while.