JohnMcMahon

100 Bullets Trade Thread

crime tales need some bare knuckle boxing and i believe the next trade has some of that coming up.i read it in floppies but so maybe it already happened for trade waiters,not sure,but wait till you see the fight.good stuff.

Just read up to issue 50. This is great stuff. I enjoyed Counterfifth Detective much more the second time. First time through I thought the ending was a bit hacked up, and maybe it is, but it makes much more sense when you're paying attention.

So

The Monster = Jack Daw? Makes sense.

The Point Man = Wylie Times? Hard to believe Wylie's good for anything.

The Saint = ???

This series really is one of my all time favorite top 5 titles. No question about it.

I'll be borrowing that line to persuade people to read this book from now on.

am i the only person who rolls thier eyes now when someone starts mentioning fairies and comics together? Mike Carey i'm looking at you.

It's not just you. There were only 15 of them! The Battle Fairy was fully clothed! LIES!

Guest spiderlegs

I've always avoided 100 Bullets because of the dissatisfaction I had with Azarello's run on HB, but then I read the first few issues the other day (off a download), and I dug them very much.

So, today I'm at my local comic shop, and found trades 1, 2, 4 on sale for half the cover price. I wish I could have found 3--do I need to read them in order? In other words, do I hold off on 4 until I've found 3?

I shall read them here shortly and finally be able to contribute to this thread. I must say that Azarello's HB stuff stunk compared to what he's done on his own creation. Makes me want to give Loveless a chance, maybe...

I'm not sure, Spider. The third trade does have some important elements in it, but it's nothing that really becomes crucial until the seventh book. Besides, by the time you finish the second trade, you will be craving for more. I think you're pretty safe to continue on to the fourth book. Just make sure to pick up the third before you get to number seven.

The first 3 volumes are all fairly standalone - it's only with A Foregone Tomorrow that Azzarello really begins to tie things into the larger story. You'll want to go back and read Vol.3 before the seventh volume, as Grinning Fellow said, but you should be able to skip to vol.4 for now without any trouble.

Ignore Loveless, it's rubbish.

So, today I'm at my local comic shop, and found trades 1, 2, 4 on sale for half the cover price. I wish I could have found 3--do I need to read them in order? In other words, do I hold off on 4 until I've found 3?

yes and yes.

Yeah, it's definitely not the name I was expecting. I kind of never even wanted to know his first name. It kind of lessens his "All-Seeing, All-Knowing Mastermind" persona.

Guest spiderlegs

Did anybody else notice that while Agent Graves is first contacting Dizzy on the train, Dexter (from Johnny Double) was getting mugged. A little easter egg thrown our way...he's dressed exactly the same.

yeah, it's OK. I should re-read it.

Have you checked out El Diablo with Azz and the great Danijel Zezelj? Killer!

i never read johnny double.i know its by azzarello & risso but that's it,is it any good?

Well worth a gander, yeah.

Reading as it came out convinced me that Azzarello would make a great Hellblazer writer, but I can't be right all the time.

Just finished all 75 issues. No doubt the best rag on the shelf today.

I demand a series of action figures, or small maquettes at the very least.

There isn't one.

Hang Up On The Hang Low is the name of the issue that won an Eisner so they named the trade after it, thus breaking the puntastic streak.

Guest spiderlegs

Well, Lou was right about needing to read 3 before 4. Something huge happened between Graves and Shepard and all the Minutemen died and I have no idea what it was.