Mark

The Walking Dead

JohnMcMahon    562

In the letters page for #12, Kirkman says that the prison will be the crew's long-term home, just to assure any fears that trade readers may have had of them jumping from setting to setting.

Now, were those prisoners really using the freezer as a makeshift bathroom....?

Mark    332
Now, were those prisoners really using the freezer as a makeshift bathroom....?

Not a chance. At least, I'd be very surprised if that doesn't factor into a 'reveal' of some sort a few issues down the line...

Mark    332

Hope you enjoy it. What did you get...the first trade?

I heard his Captain America was also pretty good, and so was his "Team #1" with Spider-man an Wolverine.

I personally enjoy The Walking Dead, and Am infact thinking about getting a Poster of one of the issues.

His Cap blew monkeys, but we forgive him because WALKING DEAD is irresistible.

Claire    7
Hope you enjoy it. What did you get...the first trade?

Nope, they'd sold out of the first trade. Got the second trade, and issues #13 and #14. I might actually be disiplined and not read them until I get the first trade. Would it spoil things too much if I start reading the second trade?

James    38

Yup. Get the first trade before you read the rest - otherwise you'll just get lost in all the characters (and the great ending of that first book will be ruined).

Slickevil    0

Just got the second trade . This is damn good stuff . How does Remains stack against Walking Dead ? I have been thinking of picking it up .

JohnMcMahon    562

I'd recommend waiting - there's a high turnover of characters in this series so those opening six issues play an important part in developing an affinity for the warm bodies.

Kris    0
Yeah Kirkman is great with this series. The Black an White really compliments it.  Doesnt it make you wish that it was a weekly comic and now just a Monthly? lol.

Yes yes yes(in Meg Ryan orgasmic fashion)! i wish it were a weekly publication because the cliffhangers are so great that you're virtually picking your jaw up off the floor everytime you read it, i also like the fact that Robert Kirkman keeps pulling the rug out from under our feet in true George Romero fashion, its possibly the best comic i have read in a while without a doubt.

It makes the long wait for Romero's newie Land Of The Dead all the way more sweeter i feel.

Kris    0
Just got the second trade . This is damn good stuff .  How does Remains stack against Walking Dead ? I have been thinking of picking it up .

In my own opinion, i think The Walking Dead is far more closer in terms of drama and tension of Romero's zombie movies than Remains, Remains seemed to me to be more in tune to Return Of The Living Dead than anything Romero did with its talking zombies.

I tried to sell my entire collection of Remains on Ebay recently but nobody wanted to buy it so maybe that tells you something.

I usually like Steve Niles' stuff, the original 30 Days Of Night was superb but i wasn't too hot on Wake The Dead or Aleister Arcane or any of the latest Cal McDonald stuff, Remains is decent but compared to The Walking Dead, The Walking Dead for me everytime.

JohnMcMahon    562

I loved Remains - totally different beast to the Walking Dead though - all of the human drama is cast out in favour of mass zombie carnage. The zombies in Remains evolve over the course of the series, which really caught my interest as an idea and has me gagging for a follow-up series.

James    38

Did The Walking Dead come out last month? Should it have been issue 14? I didn't get it in my pull list, that's all - and I forgot to ask at the counter.

Mark    332

On which note, any idea when #15 is out?

James    38

Thoughts:

The "nerd" was probably convicted of paedophilia or something, and he's just lying about the tax evasion.

I think the ending is a big fake-out. Even if the killed are rising again, the time period between the gunshot and her RARRGH moment seems a little too brief for full-on zombification.

Mark    332

Definitely agreed about the 'nerd' guy...he seems the most obviously suspicious of the bunch. Could be a fake-out, though. The "don't open that door! It's a....errr...a toilet. That's right, a toilet" moment could well be leading towards a more substantial 'reveal' about the convicts, though.

Mark    332

According to that site, TWD #15 is out this week, but all subsequent issues are running late, with release dates TBA. Again.