Sign in to follow this  
Mark

The Walking Dead

God damnit. That's two issues in a row my shop has failed to produce for me, then.

Boy after such a long wait this new issue was a major fluff piece. It is almost turning into MTV's the real world in regard to relationships.

Just for kicks and giggles. Here is a link to a wallpaper @ myfreewallpapers.net of Walking Dead.

http://www.myfreewallpapers.net/comics/pag...king-dead.shtml

Much respect for that Shawn, very impressed with what you've done there and have now adopted your wallpaper as my own.

Boy after such a long wait this new issue was a major fluff piece. It is almost turning into MTV's the real world in regard to relationships.

Some major carnage is due soon though, those zombies are starting to grow in their numbers outside and i remember someone expressing concerns that the prison fence would give way if they continue to grow in their numbers which they are.

It would be good if Andrew(the prisoner who ran off) came back as a zombie and lead them all in pushing down the fence a'la Flyboy from Dawn Of The Dead.

You never know with Kirkman though.

Just for kicks and giggles. Here is a link to a wallpaper @ myfreewallpapers.net of Walking Dead.

http://www.myfreewallpapers.net/comics/pag...king-dead.shtml

Much respect for that Shawn, very impressed with what you've done there and have now adopted your wallpaper as my own.

Thanks Kris. Wish I could take credit for creating it, but I just stumbled upon it. It is on my computer as well.

Can't argue with that, the new chick had a great cover to introduce her but she's done nowt of interest since then.

Well, it isn't helped by their locking her in her cell without any weapons.

You know, I was betting on the Kill Bill-Michonne to not last very long. I actually thought she'd be gone, but although she remained, her Kill Bill aspect hasn't. Suppose they had to flesh her out, but this does seem a bit lacking. A wackjob who gives blowjobs? Meh. :biggrin:

Overall, though, I liked this issue. I don't want major zombie carnage every issue, and, in fact, could go 3 or 4 issues with just human drama, no bites or nothing. :)

And what happened to the generator? I realize they had something to take care of, but couldn't they have addressed it for two seconds? :glare:

Um.....HOLY SHIT ?

Presumably that's a fake out at the end but still a blinding issue, up there with the very best in the series - a brutal brawl with Rick being confronted by some much needed home truths - for a second there I thought he'd broken his back!

And in related news, I added to my collection of Charlie Adlard sketches with "a zombie of your choosing" - which turned out to be one that looks like that chap from The Hills Have Eyes (currently in Chris's icon thingy).

Will scan later.

Only the ones in trades.

I confessed to Charlie that I buy it that way and he understood.

Still no news on Savage being collected though, the bastards.

Charlie took over cover duties with the latest issue, #25, and introduced a riot gear motive that runs for the course of the next six issues.

The quality-cliffhangers have dropped off a little over the last few issues but the meat of the story is still just fine and dandy as strained and unusual relationships continute to develop amongst the survivors.

The riot gear is a brilliant idea and will, touch wood, lead to mucho scenes of carnage being rent upon undead bastards!

While I've generally enjoyed the soap-opera stuff over the last six issues, I must admit that I've missed the visceral thrill of brutal zombie carnage. Therefore, I applaud this latest development with enthusiasm.

Wasn't a bad issue all-round, actually.

An issue with the crew, all body-armoured up, pump-action shotgunning zombies to death would be nice.

I took the mention of the father & son from the first issue to be a hint that we might be getting a change in focus soon.

Yep - Kirkman's been hinting at that in the letters page for the last few issues, too. He specifically mentioned this month that the last six issues or so, while he enjoyed writing them, were basically just set-up for what he's got in mind for the next phase of the story - presumably getting the character dynamics in place for some ass-kicking, and a few major shifts to the status quo.

Wonder who's in the chopper? Are we just going to get a small enlargement of the cast (say, one or two new characters), or does this indicate their first contact with a larger, more organized society of survivors?

Bit of a filler issue this month, I thought. Good, but not spectacular. And what was with that last panel? Why the fuck wasn't it shot from behind so we could see the helicopter?

I figured he was trying to add to the overall cliffhanger by making the reader guess as to what kind of chopper it is - big military huey, a small commercial one like TC's from Magnum or maybe even Airwolf!

Wonder who's in the chopper? Are we just going to get a small enlargement of the cast (say, one or two new characters), or does this indicate their first contact with a larger, more organized society of survivors?

it's Ken Foree and Gaylen Ross!

Guest spiderlegs

So, I finally got around to picking up the first trade on a rainy day at the bookstore. I didn't buy it cuz I'm broke, but I read it. It was very cool. I started reading the second trade and noticed the artist changed. I REALLY liked Moore. I was having a hard time getting used to Adlard and then had to leave.

Yeah the change in artist hit me also but I soon got into Adlard's art. You should try and read them all Spidey just make sure none of the staff catch on to your wily reading ways. :D

• Upvote 1

Guest spiderlegs

Well, they say rain again tomorrow...the best way to spend a rainy day is in a bookstore, or having sex. If you can fit both into one rainy day, then go me! I mean, you!