Sign in to follow this  
Mark

The Walking Dead

No, but we do get to see a side of Negan that isn't just murdering and mulilating anyone who disagrees with him.

Gives him a bit more depth than being the Governor 2.0

• Upvote 1

OK, King Ezekial with a tiger who abhors violence. And we have a turncoat, and Michonne can't relate to people. This is some Walking Fucking Dead, my crackers! Truly, we are going to get us some epic fighting coming up. I'm sure we'll get plenty of false starts like when the prison vs governor kept faking us by being another issue then another issue away. But it's coming. We know this now.

I thought so too. But then I rationalised it by telling myself that in this post-apocalyptic world a number of charismatic, eccentric and outlandish characters would undoubtably rise to positions of power & prominence by virtue of providing a figurehead.

on the reddits, we've theorized he was a homeless guy before the shit went down.

Something about Negan doesn't really add up. Like how you can tell most of the people pretty much consider him dog shit, yet nobody is actually trying to over throw him. They clearly outnumber his henchmen and it's not like the guy has much besides swearing like a little kid who just learned how to swear.

"I think you done fucked up, your fuckiddity fucking fucker. Did I swear enough to make me a bad ass. Btw.. [over-used word] twat bollocks taint shit doodie."

hello classic bullying scenario. if all the bullied kids in a schoolyard banded together, they'd kick the shit out of their bully, good and true. so why don't they ever do it?

hello classic bullying scenario. if all the bullied kids in a schoolyard banded together, they'd kick the shit out of their bully, good and true. so why don't they ever do it?

Well this is a completely different scenario. This isn't a Schoolyard were if you end up fighting back, you sent to the principals office and they have a chat with your mum. This is a Zombie Apocalypse, where it's not like much of anything will happen to you if you end up fighting back against d-bags.

Anything other than a bullet in the head, wolvy. People go along and keep their heads down in fear, even when they know they themselves are going to be killed in a few days, it is something that happens all the time, history is full of examples of people walking to their doom, telling themselves it won't happen to them, keep your head down.

Human nature. Add the fact that the bully or soldier or henchman has already learned this about his fellow man, already knows how and when to brutalise, already has killed, ( which is a huge mental and physiological step of itself, people trained in army camps to do it still often freeze, unable to kill, the first time ) and five guys can keep fifty in thrall, if they just act as if "this is going to happen". It becomes too hard to make the choice to break free, for most people, especially if there doesn't seem to be any safe alternative. The people can't just run away, can they.

you're not going to like the king and queen love story this month then.

I grab my comics on the way home from work Wednesdays, and lately, and when I have a new TWD I feel like a kid in a candy store. Love this book. Kirkman's dialog has improved considerably and the panels are framed much more like TV shots. LOVE IT.

Last ish, as I finished my second J, drank the last gulp of my PopShop pineapple soda and chuckled through the letters pages, I thought it was high time to visit you all. I said to myself that they will be bitching and moaning, and damn but I was right!

It's not overly moany bitching though - I'm not saying these are bad comics right now, but the current arc just isn't really delivering what I look for in a monthly hit of The Walking Dead.

That said, the latest issue was just fine and I'm quite warming to Negan!

How did you feel about the explanation for Ezekiel and his tiger?

Negan finding his new 'vacation home' had me in stitches. And, I like him tons more after seeing how he handled Spencer's proposition - Rick's got guts.

Last time I felt this much excitement buying a monthly was Hellblazer back during Mike Carey's run with the regenerating Nergal arc, the Hell's Soap Opera bit.

John and slinker, you want it to pick up some, but do you remember the pace Kirkman was going at before this TV writers room experience? Woodbury went on forever, and they walked for a long time before arriving outside Washington. Personally, I was bored to tears in the arc where Carl lost half his face, more of the same, I said. This is the exact pace and level of crazy I have been hoping for since the pre-Woodbury days, and I've been reading since the start.

It seems like the buildup to the confrontation with Woodbury which did take forever. This seems like the same pace.

On a good/news bad news tip, The Walking Dead is going bi-monthly for seven months starting in October...yeah, that's the good news...bad news is that it looks like it's for the arc that'll wrap the Negan story - meaning that the war we've been building to for too long already isn't even going to get started for another 3 issues at least.

TWD #112 was a joy to behold after these long months of not very much happening. I can't believe Negan would do that to Andrea and Carl, and the off-panel "thud" as - apparently - Rick's severed head hit the floor leaves me counting the days till the next issue.

Can't wait to find out how Eugene managed to resurrect and heal Lori - is it all a dream or is this the final days of the zombie plague? And the dragons, man! Where did they come from? Are they connected to the zombification or something else entirely? If this is what it takes to band the Saviours and survivors of Rick's group together it'll totally shift the book's dynamic.

Shark-jumping in an awesome fashion.