Sign in to follow this  
Mark

The Walking Dead

are you tripping, Atticus? or taking the piss, mayhaps?

Let's just say I'm revelling in the UK getting #112 a week before the rest (after having to avoid TWD thread for 3 weeks for fear of spoilers because #111 was late).

And, obviously, ripping the piss.

• Upvote 1

Very good. I chuckled, and the day just bright, chuckled already? a gift from a friend.

Rick, you fucking dumbass! You were supposed to wait for jesus! Even if he survives this latest stunt, if I were a resident of that community, I'd be fed up with ol' Rick and tell him it's time to step down. Thanks and all but shit, dude!

Oh come on! Rick had an opportunity to get Negan while his guard was down, I thought it was a good idea to take the chance.

Obviously, he should have maybe tried out Eugene's home-made ammunition before such a crucial time. Having the gun blow up in his only hand isn't going to do him any favours.

Still, I can't see how he's going to get out of this one unless Negan does the typical villain "no, I won't kill you yet. I want to keep you alive to suffer (and long enough to come up with another plan to defeat me)" thing. The Governor made the same mistake, and I'd hate to see Kirkman re-hashing that scenario.

Maybe a combination of Andrea's sniper team and a horde of zombies attracted by the gunshots will save him, but I can't think of any credible reason Negan doesn't just put a bullet (or Lucille) through his head without further ado.

but they had a plan in place. what if your gang was fitna put some head out, and one of your leftenants decided he couldn't hold it anymore and broke rank and blew his wad, giving up your other positions through all kinds of painful interrogation. That's the end of that birthday party, I can assure you!

he has put those other cats in danger by fucking up.

Oh this is most defintely true, in general.

But Rick had an opportunity to take out the leader handed to him on a plate. I know they had a plan, but plans have to be able to change with the circumstances.

The only thing that let him down was a total wildcard, the dodgy ammo; the rest of the idea worked, and even though Negan had back-up nearby it wouldn't have stopped Rick putting a properly made bullet in his skull. The back-up would have been easier to handle without their boss.

It was definitely a gamble but the odds were in Rick's favour and I still think he was right to take it in this situation. Even though he lost.

I'm with you man, it was the right play - I'm surprised Jesus never figured out that Negan travelled with more guys.

Hard to see how the next issue doesn't open with him putting a bullet in Rick.

nah, stick to the plan. you had a dude on the inside willing to stick a knife in his back. that's better than the opportunity Rick took.

Exactly, and how about the drama at the end? When they showed that distant view, i actually said "oh no!" out loud.

right but at least we are finally getting to it. kirkman does like to build up sloooooowly to hs confrontations. so we're bi-weekly now? hmmm.

Chapter 2 of 12. When does bi-weekly start cuz it dint start no last month.

Good start though!

Are there any ideas yet what is the cause of it all?. Are there ever going to be any explanations?.

Avaunt: the fact that everyone is infected and comes back from death whether bitten or not is the difference between WD and other zombie tales, for what it's worth.

That Negan is some coldblooded fucked up, man. I knew she was going to be in that state when I saw her with the bag on her head.