Sign in to follow this  
Mark

The Walking Dead

it's definitely many. I really felt like this issue was a bit disjointed. I like the concept of bad guys running around the perimeter lobbing grenades into the compound, but the results were sort of. I don't know. I thought it'd be worse and I think the issue with the doctor seemed a bit convenient. I wanted to like this issue, I really did, but I didn't for some reason. And yes, when i got to your spoiler in the book, it just produced a power eye roll or face palm from me.

i liked it a little more than you did. kirkman is doing on a bigger scale kinda what he did with the prison battle - build up build up, minor skirmish, build up, kill a major character build up, flashback, build up, pop. it's the 'kirkman formula'. i don't like it, because it has that 'event' feel i hate about comics. but there was definite dramatic tension in this one.

Negan has Eugene, maker of ammo and Maggie, a core character (that was Maggie, right? ) that's a huge deal and a big advantage for the bad guys.

I'm not buying what they're selling here, (1) [ Spoiler : I'm not convinced that the 'poisoned' weapons will work the way Negan expects ] and (2) [ Spoiler : I'm pretty sure that Dwight shot to wound and that his bolts aren't infected anyway ].

• Upvote 1

i completely agree. when that happened, i rolled my eyes and said out loud, "again?"

I'm on the verge of dropping the monthly series - will see out this arc but if it doesn't lead into an interesting new phase then I'm switching to trades only.

they need to kill Rick and reboot, starting from the initial outbreak with a new group of people, maybe people we've already run across.

Holy shit!

Spoilers for #125....

[ Spoiler : Rick wasn't infected! He's not going to die! ]

As the issue came to a close I thought that [ Spoiler : Rick had indeed been infected, was hiding his symptoms and was going to bite Negan and infect him too, alas... ]

The ham-handed [ Spoiler : We Don't Die nonsense suggests that one of the untouchable trio will die before the War ends but I'm almost past caring at this stage, what a boring boring story this has been. ]

I thought Negan was taking the piss with his initial reaction to Rick's pitch, that he was apparently serious just makes the whole arc ring even duller than it already was.

• Upvote 1

I'll still read it monthly and bitch about it. But I feel ya. The comic needs a reboot to another group of survivors, especially if "it's not Rick's story" as Kirkman claims.

My favorite issue since before the whole Negan mess started. Great last page, too! I knew who Carl was talking to as soon as the voice came from out of frame. I'm sure most everyone did. that doesn't make it any less interesting though.

Well who didn't see that coming ?

I'll allow it though as it kind of had to happen and I'm enjoying the conceit of seeing the original protagonists placed on the other side of situations we've seen them deal with before.

what about rick's power trip? that seemed really uncharacteristic to me. but yeah, i knew that new group would start some shit. they are about to unleash a fair amount of shit if they go through with what we think.