Sign in to follow this  
Mark

The Walking Dead

I thought it was OK, but it does seem like Kirkman has started to lose a bit of steam.

If this arc doesn't end with Negan doing something truly awful to either Rick or one of his crew I'll be astonished - not buying what Kirkman's selling here at all. It's almost like he's trying to make Negan a Wolverine type character now - the 'cool' ultra-violent outsider who's ultimately on the side of the angels but c'mon Robert - he smashed Glenn's head in with a baseball bat!

Which isn't to say that I'm not warming to the nasty bastard, cause I am.

It's almost like he's trying to make Negan a Wolverine type character now - the 'cool' ultra-violent outsider who's ultimately on the side of the angels but c'mon Robert - he smashed Glenn's head in with a baseball bat!

Well fuck me, Dwight throwing Lucille to Negan was a proper "Fuck Yeah!" moment, maybe I am buying it after all!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

They've just built up to, and followed through on, the death of a major character and it did nothing for me at all.

Starting to think I'm maybe just reading this out of habit at the moment.

Latest issue spoilers...

RIP Rick Grimes.  Shot dead by the son of the deposed governor of the Commonwealth before rising as a zombie only to be shot in the head by his son, Carl.

Kirkman writes in the letter col that Rick's passing isn't in any way connected with the TV show and I believe him though the timing is maybe unfortunate in that regard ?

Robert also teases that Negan might be the main character going forward but hopefully that's just a little misdirection

Lastest issue spoilers...

RIP The Walking Dead. 

Kirkman surprise ended the series with today's issue, #193, having employed three fake solicitations to keep up the ruse.  It's a pretty weak ending to be honest but Kirkman's afterword puts it into perspective - he basically ran out of road and couldn't think of anything else to bridge towards the planned ending so just wrapped it up.

For the curious, we get a time-jump to adult Carl shacked up with Sophia, raising their daughter Andrea.  Zombies are near extinct, Andrea's nevre seen one.  We check in with various survivors and that's that.

#193 Sold the fuck out everywhere.

Diamond Dave Glaze  17 hours ago

Let it die. The book has been trash for years. I haven't read it in almost 2 years. I sold my entire collection going back to issue 1 in 2016 or 2017, I can't remember.

Screw Robert Kirkman and his continued production of literal garbage.

This used to be my FAVOURITE book, literally, no joke. I used to sing Kirman's praises everywhere. Invincible ended, and I was like, "okay, we still have TWD." Then the book turned into a holding pattern of the most shit boring stories you could find. And don't get me started on the God awful show that should have been cancelled BEFORE they "killed " Rick.

My decision to quit the comic was way more justified last month when I heard they killed Rick. And now, this great news. It's time we realize that Robert Kirkman is a hack of a writer that piggybacked his temporary success to get into TV and film where he could settle into being a lazy piece of trash that is just in the business to create more IPs that he can pawn off and continue getting a paycheck for the rest of his life.

I feel stupid for investing so much time and money in him over the years. I hope he fizzles out and into obscurity like he deserves...but I'm sure Marvel or DC will reign him in to do something.

I encourage all of you to completely boycott any new book he puts out now that the TWD has been mercy killed. He doesn't deserve our time to read any crap he shills from this point on.

I remember when I went on that exact same rant when I heard that Robert Kirkman was leaving Ultimate X-Men.....

At least there wasn't a bunch of derogatory racial, sexual, and homophobic slurs in this guy's rant. That's a step up for a lot of what you see on the internet. "Who do I blame for this? Immigrants, Jews, and feminists!".

Me? I have never actually read the Walking Dead. Not my thing.

30 minutes ago, Christian said:

Me? I have never actually read the Walking Dead. Not my thing.

At least you don't diss the weekly comics every week  by saying Walking Dead is all you read.

Even football fans are less like male bunny boilers when someone leaves their club than jilted comics fans.