Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Tom Willecome

Goldsman to produce Doom Patrol Flick

Between these and all those Marvel Comics Movies that were announced last year I'm wondering how many of these films will actually get made.

They're going to oversaturate the market and wear out the casual fan (the ones who aren't running out to the comic store every week or who don't even read comics) and end up killing the market for superhero movies.

The majority of movie-goers are only going to want to see so many superhero movies before they get sick of them.

They've already got stuff like "My Superhero Ex Girlfriend" (or whatever) coming out from Hollywood....

Not a good sign!

Between these and all those Marvel Comics Movies that were announced last year I'm wondering how many of these films will actually get made.

Power Pack, dude. Power Pack.

They'll never get Doom Patrol right.

Deadman could be cool, especially with Del Toro at the helm.

Nothing could be worse than the first Hulk movie so there's nowhere to go but up.

I think Doom Patrol is practically unfilmable (assuming of course, we're talking about Morrison's DP).

Maybe Terry Gilliam could do it, but he's got to have a good script and lots of help.

I imagine they'll use the old-school Doom Patrol. Can't see Akiva signing off on a monkey-faced girl, a hermaphrodite and a multiple personality disorder victim with a history of sexual abuse.

Don't really care about Deadman as a character, but the Del Toro connection gives me hope for an entertaining movie.

WHAT IF AKIVA GOLDSMAN FUCKED THE DC UNIVERSE IN ITS ARSE ?

Cliff Robotman Steele - played by Sylvester Stallone

Elasti Girl - Halle Berry

Negative Man/Woman - Keanu WHOA Reeves

The Chief - Sean Connery.

(See what I did there?)

WHAT IF AKIVA GOLDSMAN FUCKED THE DC UNIVERSE IN ITS ARSE ?

Cliff Robotman Steele - played by Sylvester Stallone

Elasti Girl - Halle Berry

Negative Man/Woman - Keanu WHOA Reeves

The Chief - Sean Connery.

(See what I did there?)

Used the poorly cast leads from dubious comic adapted films?

1) Judge Dredd

2) Catwoman

3) Constanteeeen/Johnny Neumonic

4) LoEG

Yet, they seem to make perfect sense. :)

Seriously, can't you just see Stallone playing Cliff Steele---- without makeup?

And Sir Connery as The Chief?

5) Flex Mentallo--- Vin Diesel

(See what I did there?)

they'll never let it happen but i would love to see a trailer unspool that says michael chickless as cliff steele,john malkovich as rebis,bryce dallas howard as crazy jane,and patrick stewart with hair and a beard as the cheif.

coming this summer is crawling from the wreckage a film by gus van sant.

he's the same sonofabitch who helped usher in nipples on the batsuit.

call me old fashioned but the only thing that should make batmans nipples hard is catwoman.

call me old fashioned but the only thing that should make batmans nipples hard is catwoman.

If you were being old fashioned you'd have said that was Robin's job...

akiva goldsman is the same asshole who wrote batman and robin and part of batman forever.

you've all been warned.

Fuck. That blows.

akiva goldsman is the same asshole who wrote batman and robin and part of batman forever.

you've all been warned.

I don't know about that film what you are referring to, but he also sprayed his filth over another film that I cannot remember anything about that is much more important to this forum.

I don't know whether Akira Goldscum really loves comics, because he keeps making so many movies out of them, or just fucking hates them with a twisted passion rooted in some childhood trauma, because he keep making so many fucking bad movies out of them.

I don't know whether Akira Goldscum really loves comics, because he keeps making so many movies out of them, or just fucking hates them with a twisted passion rooted in some childhood trauma, because he keep making so many fucking bad movies out of them.

It's more likely typecasting: after he filmed a couple the production companies started bunging more of this stuff his way.

The wankers.

you've all been warned.

I don't know about that film what you are referring to, but he also sprayed his filth over another film that I cannot remember anything about that is much more important to this forum.

I have no idea what you are referring to Ade. :laugh:

But I notice http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0326040/ he's also due to produce

# Conan the Barbarian (2008) (announced) (producer)

# I Am Legend (2007) (pre-production) (producer) plus he's writing this one as well. :angry:

That last one gives me headaches because i want Lawrence to breathe freely without Goldman-pollution in his lungs.

I want the treatment Constantine deserved!

Cant we make a petition or... SOMETHING?

That last one gives me headaches because i want Lawrence to breathe freely without Goldman-pollution in his lungs.

I want the treatment Constantine deserved!

Cant we make a petition or... SOMETHING?

Buy us a plane ticket to Los Angeles and a magic shotgun and I'll blow Goldsman's head off: that'll get the twerp off the project.

Something that i could afford ? :lol:

No, really, what can we do realistically, besides the killing?