Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Tom Willecome

Goldsman to produce Doom Patrol Flick

Bombard him with crazy letters! That always helps.

About the killing thing, for a show in my acting class, we did a short improvised play I suggested which was partially based on my fantasies of killing those responsible for Constantine. It was about the cast of a movie that were being killed one by one. I wanted it the killer to be either a disgruntled fan or the writer of the original comic book the movie was based on, but the others changed it to a disgruntled former movie star wannabe.

I wouldnt have killed the actors but the screenwriters who modified the original one, along with the producers.

Altough i did like Constantine as HB-interpretation/standalone (Not that it would have been perfect this way either).

Youre one of those who didnt, huh?

I see why, if its from an adaptation point of view, believe me.

Dont know why they dont pull this freak outta responsibility.

And the killer would have been Delano or us, huh?

Yeah, I had Delano in mind.

Ironically, the other students totally changed my plot. Life imitated art imitating life.

Did he make Delano into an agent of Hollywood working to keep the creative imagination of hacks intact against the raging, crazed, evil comic book fanboys who are intent on stifling all change?!

And at the end, did Delano throw down comic books and pick up a DVD?!

Because, if so, that'd be eerie....

No. They changed way more than that. It was supposed to be like, all moody and creepy and "One by one, they die...", but they changed it into a teen slasher parody. It was supposed to be about an artist's creative work being tampered with, but they changed it into a rejected actor seeking petty revenge. *sigh*

You know Coralys, you have the wrong attitude.

What really happened is that, even though it wasn't an accurate portrayal of your work, it was still a very good play in its own right.

And I'm sure if they would have come up to your door with a lifetimes supply of baking soda, like they did with Jamie Delano, you would have been saying the exact same thing after the performance of your play!

Oh no!

I said Delano because he was the only one who did really outspeak that he hated how they handled the material. He was just proud that his work got used, and helped them in the comic-documentary, but found that they misunderstood the character and the holy shotgun he got rots in some of his wardrobes. Hates that thing.

Mike Carey liked it, and he stands by that, Tim saw it as good start, though they should have kept the origins and looks exact, he said.

Bombard him with crazy letters! That always helps.

About the killing thing, for a show in my acting class, we did a short improvised play I suggested which was partially based on my fantasies of killing those responsible for Constantine. It was about the cast of a movie that were being killed one by one. I wanted it the killer to be either a disgruntled fan or the writer of the original comic book the movie was based on, but the others changed it to a disgruntled former movie star wannabe.

Have you ever seen Madhouse, Ning?

Mike Carey liked it, and he stands by that.

Does he?

I'm not so sure

I think he was being

Diplomatic.

Why would he lie when no one else did?

At this place? And any else too?

It could be tough, of course.

Never heard of it. What's it all about?

A quick search tells me there were three movies with that title.

Never heard of it. What's it all about?

A quick search tells me there were three movies with that title.

The one I'm thinking of had a similar plot to your play: Vincent Price comes out of retirmenet to play a character from a few old films in a television series. Peter Cushing (playing the writer who invented the character) is annoyed because he wanted to play the character this time, and so hijinks and murder ensue.

he's also due to produce:

# Conan the Barbarian (2008) (announced) (producer)

How could I have missed this?

It's better than when the Wachoskis were connected to an Arnold/King Conan project, but still :icon_evil: