Red

Books of Magick: Life during wartime

I didn't know the orders for this book were low but guessed it by the posts here. That's why #6 made me rather apprehensive. It was a step in the wrong direction in helping iffy readers to keep buying the book.

A quick glance at ICV2 shows that BOM #5 came in with orders just over those for Hellblzer in that same month, though they were down by about 1k for the month before.

The lowest selling Vertigo title in November was Human Target with ICV2 numbers of 8,341, about half of what BOM is doing.

The cut-off point for Vertigo is supposed to be 12,000 but I've heard that Human Target's got an extended stay of execution because the trades are doing really well.

Oh good!

I've heard that "Human Target" has been the lowest of the low-selling books pretty much since it launched. I've been expecting it to get axed every issue since #12, and am so glad every month when I don't read "Final Issue" next to that month's description!

It's one of the top 3 books Vertigo is publishing monthly, along with "Hellblazer" and "Lucifer", and would be a shame to lose.

I think LDW would trade really well.

What am I saying, it better, it's not like it could hurt.

I was none too happy that they plopped this (admittedly, very good) issue in while all the chaos gets put on pause. It's like my wife TiVo paused my football game with four yards to go in favor of taking out the trash. I mean, yeah, I need to take out the trash, but jeez, can't I see if they caught the pass first?

I was none too happy that they plopped this (admittedly, very good) issue in while all the chaos gets put on pause. It's like my wife TiVo paused my football game with four yards to go in favor of taking out the trash. I mean, yeah, I need to take out the trash, but jeez, can't I see if they caught the pass first?

Excuse my mind-numbing ignorance, but is TiVo an abbreviation for something?

TiVo is a DVR, the most popular one here in the states. Have they infected Norway yet? They digitally record programs while you watch them, cacheing the information, which allows you to "pause" live TV, in effect. Also makes it much easier to record programs with their onscreen program guide, and can make programming suggestions to you based upon what you record.

*checks his PayPal account to see if his plug from TiVo paid off* :D

It's a character piece focusing on Dog and his relationship with Cat.

Gorgeous filler art by Fergado and given that I can't get enough comics about folks sitting down the pub and shagging like rabbits, the story once again did for me quite nicely.

Haven't got this yet but to be honest I am looking foward to this. I like Dog's character and quiet issues work for me .

I do hope Cat and Dog weren't the ones shagging like rabbits though. Or I might start thinking Mark Miller is writing this.

Haven't got this yet but to be honest I am looking foward to this.  I like Dog's character and quiet issues work for me .

I do hope Cat and Dog weren't the ones shagging like rabbits though. Or I might start thinking Mark Miller is writing this.

it's a bit like that, only different.

Guest spiderlegs

So, because of this thread, mainly, I picked up issues 1-5 (which I enjoy), but even though I dig it, I feel like alot happened before Issue #1 of which I am unaware. How did this whole seige come to pass? Is this sort of like an "Elseworlds" type story arc?

I have read BoM in the past (I have 2 trades but the titles escape me currently) so I know about Tim Hunter for the most part. I just keep thinking I've missed something rather significant.

So, because of this thread, mainly, I picked up issues 1-5 (which I enjoy), but even though I dig it, I feel like alot happened before Issue #1 of which I am unaware. How did this whole seige come to pass? Is this sort of like an "Elseworlds" type story arc?

I have read BoM in the past (I have 2 trades but the titles escape me currently) so I know about Tim Hunter for the most part. I just keep thinking I've missed something rather significant.

everybody has that, I think. It does indeed seem an Esleworlds story or something like that.

Spiderlegs: It's just shoddy writing, IMO. Using almost half a year and STILL not cluing your readers into what's actually going on is BAD. Like I said, I'll probably stop reading this. Shame, really, 'cause some of the ideas are good, and I like John.

Guest spiderlegs

Well, I'm 5 issues into it, so I'll stick with it until it just totally loses me. I love Quitely's covers.

I just read the issue that revolves around Dog. I liked it, there was that crazy incest implication that had be uneasy. I think that dice game will save me boring nights now.

Guest spiderlegs

It's rather ironic that you would post this image right after I had to go and dig it up. Had I waited, it would practically have been delivered to the doorstep.

Guest Guest_metanoia_*
I just read the issue that revolves around Dog. I liked it, there was that crazy incest implication that had be uneasy. I think that dice game will save me boring nights now.

Try reading "The Dice Man" by Luke Rhinehart. It goes much futher than they do in this issue with the dice game. It's a good read (well it was ten years ago when I read it)

Try reading "The Dice Man" by Luke Rhinehart.  It goes much futher than they do in this issue with the dice game.  It's a good read (well it was ten years ago when I read it)

Yes I remember reading The Dice Man and it's sequel Son of The Dice Man or something like that many years ago. Someone I knew at the time thought it the best book ever written but I wasn't all that impressed with it...thought it kind of pedestrain and hippy psuedo-philosophy.

That IS a very nice cover John. Zatanna is dead sexy, and John looks really cool.