Red

Books of Magick: Life during wartime

Tim, Molly, Dog & Cat play a game where everyone writes down twelve numbers and a corresponding dare - then they take turns rolling the dice and and acting out the corresponding dare.

Nice cover, I like the knives they are hiding.

Enjoyed the Dog issue alot. Loved how him and Cat met up with Tim and Molly using the dice. Does anyone think that Dog may play a major part in this War?

Guest spiderlegs

He needs to get over wanting to fuck his sister. That makes him an unlikable, pathetic character. If he does play an important role in the war, it will probably be to fuck Tim over.

I think Cat may fuck Tim over, not really sure why, maybe I'm going on a name basis, dogs are more loyal then cats. Prob wrong but it doesn't hurt to think about this stuff.

What does everyone think of Molly? She has done much or really shown her character yet. She isn't much like the old Molly.

He needs to get over wanting to fuck his sister. That makes him an unlikable, pathetic character.

I feel sorry for the guy, more than anything. He isn't having any lusts that could endanger anyone (like being a pedophile). I just kept thinking "poor bastard," and, what do you do when you have feelings like that, what can you do with them?

For which issue is this the cover?

That's the cover for the next issue - #7. I think Fegredo and Quitely are alternating cover duties now.

Put me in the pity camp for Dog - especially when the poor bastard was lying there, listening to his sister go at it ("Yeah, I think she likes that").

Now with issue #7 things are finally moving forward. I love the way Constantine acts in this issue especially his last line. I'm sticking with this book for the time being, even though it seems for being his title Tim Hunter doesn't really do much, which may be the reason I keep buying it.

Issue #7 was very good. Those wanting Tim to get more involved with war will get their wish very soon, as this issue sets up exactly that. More great art work by Dean-O with a little help from Sean Phillips on layouts.

Guest spiderlegs

Guess I'll be picking up #7 tonight as well.

edit: I picked it up tonight and read it on the train home. Now, we're getting somewhere. I'm intrigued by how brutal and base Constantine's actions are in this story.

Edited by spiderlegs

Can't help but get the feeling that some of this stuff should've been touched on in earlier issues but you can also see how the story just wasn't at the right point to do so. Anyway, there's a chunk of info-dump in here that finally starts to lay out just what's going on.

I think John Constantine has had a killer scene in pretty much every issue so far and this one is no different - he does seem to be leaning a bit too far towards immoral bastard but then he's in a pretty grim situation so you can't blame him for getting...um...relief...where he can.

Bit worried about the art - fill-in last month and Phillips did breakdowns for this issue - Ormston's an important part of the creative team for me so I hope he's not letting deadlines get on top of him.

Guest spiderlegs

I have reread all 7 issues and here are some of the things I noticed the second time through:

The Micturides recognized Cat when Tim was taking her into the water to save her. Did anyone else notice that? Brewster/Sirius freaked when he realized Cat was dying. She's obviously important to the plotline. I'm still trying to figure out if Sirius is a good guy or a bad guy. I thought he was a bad guy during #7 until the very end.

Dog (reverse his name, and you might get his future character reference) has the 3rd BoM, the one they've all been looking at.

We have seen the fairy queen. She is the tree branch woman who interacts with the masks.

So, yeah, I'm still reading it. I was hooked by #4, I think.

And did anyone else note the reference to "Joe Brown" in issue #6? They also mentioned Dallas' own Polyphonic Spree. But, I figured the Joe Brown reference alone might get Lou K reading it

And did anyone else note the reference to "Joe Brown" in issue #6? They also mentioned Dallas' own Polyphonic Spree. But, I figured the Joe Brown reference alone might get Lou K reading it

yeah, I noticed both the mention of the Spree and Joe Brown and compleely forgot to mention them here :blush:

Guest spiderlegs

I enlarged the textbox for ease in viewing. Lou, you're a star , mate! Immortalized forever:

dog.jpg

:ph34r: Whoa! I freaked out there for a moment. I did a search and it seems there's an old country guitar player by the same name.

http://www.towerrecords.com/product.aspx?pfid=1560859

http://www.towerrecords.com/product.aspx?pfid=2763813

Wow...I was seriously trippin' there for a moment. :biggrin:

Edited by Lou K

Guest spiderlegs

It makes more sense that Dog would listen to the Joe Brown WE were thinking of than some old country guitarist, but OK...piss on our parade...:tongue: :p

Well, the words 'old' and 'backbeat' gave it away. Plus nobody on their right mind would fuck to a Joe Brown song. :tongue:

*pisses on self*