Red

Books of Magick: Life during wartime

I spotted something interesting in the credits of BoM:LDW #7: "Layouts by Sean Phillips. Finishes by Dean

Ormston."

What are layouts and what are finishes? And why does Phillips get the top art credit inside the book while not being mentioned on the cover?

Layouts/finishes is a less formal equivalent to the pencils/inks artistic credit. Layouts are generally a lot rougher than pencils, leaving the 'finisher' with much more leeway to place their own stamp on the art than a typical 'inker' would have (and more work to do, obviously).

No, it's been around for a long time - a lot of notable comics creators worked in this fashion, apparently, but it's only more recently that it's started to be credited openly as such.

Guest spiderlegs

There's one of the Joe Brown songs I downloaded that would be perfect "gettin' it on" music. When I get home, I'll tell you which one. It's very jazzy and cool. Maybe the goodly wife and Iwill try it out later... :wink:

Guest spiderlegs

Actually yes! :D

It's on that Hellblazer CD one of you guys posted on the other board (I added it to the CD as I didn't care for one of the other songs on the list by another band). I knew I'd remember if I heard the title. We may have already gotten busy to that song... :wub:

He needs to get over wanting to fuck his sister. That makes him an unlikable, pathetic character. If he does play an important role in the war, it will probably be to fuck Tim over.

This'll cheer you right up then :p

THE BOOKS OF MAGICK: LIFE DURING WARTIME #10

Written by Si Spencer; Consulting by Neil Gaiman; Art by Dean Ormston; Cover by Duncan Fegredo

Concluding the 2-part "Tumbling Dice." It's a familiar story retold from a fresh perspective, as we learn the sick, ugly truth behind Dog's jealous outbursts about his sister's love life.

The latest issue was good! I liked the end especially, and can't wait for the next. I'm dying to see some Constantine/Hunter interaction.

Fegredo is always welcome on covers. Best Lucifer cover artist by miles.

I think Fegredo is doing the covers for the issues he's illustrating. the one after that is by Quitely again.

Also, the best Lucifer cover artist? I really dig Kaluta's stuff...

Sethos, you heathen! Chris Moeller is the best Lucifer cover artist!

(Not that any of them are BAD, mind you)

Kaluta's been mostly awful as far as I'm concerned. Acceptable for interiors, but those covers look distinctly shoddy in places (look at Michael's arm and hand on the cover where he's fighting Fenris).

Kaluta's been mostly awful as far as I'm concerned. Acceptable for interiors, but those covers look distinctly shoddy in places (look at Michael's arm and hand on the cover where he's fighting Fenris).

yes, all listen to James, his taste is impeccable! Fegredo is truly one of the best in bussiness! Kaluta's covers are mediocre and cluttered.

yes, all listen to James, his taste is impeccable! Fegredo is truly one of the best in bussiness! Kaluta's covers are mediocre and cluttered.

but I really like Kaluta.. I thought the one with the swimming tiger was really nice 8-)

meh. different chokes for different yokes, i guess...

in other news re: BOM-LDW, it seems that Fegredo's fill in spoiled me, since issue #7's artwork by Ormstron looked crappy, and not by his usual standards. was it just me?

meh. different chokes for different yokes, i guess...

in other news re: BOM-LDW, it seems that Fegredo's fill in spoiled me, since issue #7's artwork by Ormstron looked crappy, and not by his usual standards. was it just me?

I couldn't see the difference tyhough I did think he was better at telling the story this time around, which I personally think is due to Sean Phillips' involvement...

Guest spiderlegs

#8. That's what I'm talking about. It's a great precursor to the inevitable clash in #9. Zatanna is quite the badass in this story, ain't she? Lot's of good stuff up in here this month. It's really got me worked up about #9 which will probably be the most pivotal issue to date in this series.

#8. That's what I'm talking about. It's a great precursor to the inevitable clash in #9. Zatanna is quite the badass in this story, ain't she? Lot's of good stuff up in here this month. It's really got me worked up about #9 which will probably be the most pivotal issue to date in this series.

yeah, I loved it! we finally get some answers (well, if you read it carefully) and the story moves along at a great pace.

Cheers! The story is finally picking up after last issue's kick in the pants. This side of the series is much better than the opening arc.

If there's one complaint I have, it's that there's too much sex. I mean, really, there's something blatantly sexual in every issue. We're in a war, folks, keep the pants on for two seconds before some demon wench bites it off, 'kay?