Red

Books of Magick: Life during wartime

Good call, that last issue was the business....man I'm going to miss this series, looking forward to what the writer chap moves onto though cause I like what he's been doing here.

Good call, that last issue was the business....man I'm going to miss this series, looking forward to what the writer chap moves onto though cause I like what he's been doing here.

wonder if they'd take the chance to give him Hellblazer after Denise Mina is done. Constantine is a bit too big a bastard in BoM, but I get the feeling he'd do well with the character in the regular series.

I like issue #13. Sure the strong surprise ending to the issue is based on the first 12, but if this issue is any indication, the last three of the title will be strong, and better than the first 12. I'm finding this arc easier to understand than the whole previous war thing, and it has more emotional impact. I can identify more with the characters, who are inhabiting a reality closer to our modern urban one. I don't want to say thing to spoil it, because it has some serious twists in it that need to be read unawares to be appreciated.

I think this is one of the best issues on the book to date. I can understand someone thinking the book will coast down to nothing as far as involving plot and action, but seems to be the opposite of what's actually happened. The new modern world is more interesting to me than either the older (issue 1-12) modern world or the magical world of BoM:LdW. I recommend that skeptics at least pick up this issue in the store and look over it, but don't look at the last few pages until after you've bought the book and have a chance to sit down and read it from start to finish.

Guest spiderlegs

Do you feel that way about this issue? Arm wrestling?!?!? I still feel gyped, even moreso, we never got Molly's tumbling dice story. 1 more issue...and it's done. But we did get naked teenaged lesbians, and apart from the taboo associated with it, it wasn't too terribly bad.

Does anyone still follow the series? The new storyline is pretty good, much better than the first. Or so it seems... and the trenchcoat brigade is in there too!

I'm redaing it. It's pretty good, but as far as I know its the last arc. BoM will be closed down after next issue I think.

Yeah, next issue is the last which is a shame as it's the best new comic from Vertigo in yonks.

I wouldn't say no to the creative team doing a stint on Hellblazer after Mina finishes up.

I'm pleased with this issue (#14). I like this little 3 issue concluding arc better than the 12 issue war arc, though it does take knowledge of the war arc to fully appreciate this one. Yes, Jackie (or "Jack!" 8-) :D 8-) ) Constantine as a young lesbian works for me. She's got the Constantine attitude, and Tim's already scared of her a little. I can't wait for the final issue in the arc and series. (I hope I'll have an opportunity to write some about this issue (like when I actually have the time and the issue in front of me)).

I've enjoyed the new BoM series, though I didn't necessarly love it. It does seem like it's ending abruptly but I wonder if the long term plan of the series was to have Tim vist a new world he created every 10 issues or so. I would think that could get dull after a while. Si Spencer has kept me interested despite the fact that frankly Tim Hunter isn't a terribly engaging character. After three failed monthy series the character should be resigned to the odd cameo in other titles.

Guest spiderlegs

I'm in the same boat as Andy. It had its moments--very many of them--so I enjoyed its run, but it does seem like a failed "make a god" story. "I'm just a poor god, nobody loves me! He's just a poor god from a poor family!"

Well this series ended with a bit of a wimper. Still it was a satisfactory ending with what was probably a couple years worth of stories crammed into one issue. The visit to Faerie probably would have been stretched out to 10 issues had the series lasted. If this is the last time we see Tim Hunter, then it's a fitting enough end for the character.

Guest spiderlegs

Bleugh! I didn't care for that ending one bit. TALK ABOUT CONVENIENT. I'll bet there was a different before they cancelled the series.

Apparently every issue of #15 at my favorite comic store had two full pages duplicated. There are also two other full pages missing. So I'm missing between 4 and 8 pages of story. Presumably this has been the case for others as well, but it sounds like everyone who has posted here on #15 before me got a correct and complete issue.