hagren

Beyond A Joker

Batman...production begins early 2007.

Screenplay: Jonathan Nolan

Story by: Chris Nolan and David Goyer

Director: Chris Nolan

Producer: Chris Nolan, Emma Thomas, Charles Roven

The Bat: Chris Bale

Guess who got to play the role of Joker, folks!

(No searching round, just slam the fist on the table!)

Too nervous to guess.

Is it on IMDB yet? The last time I checked it was still "Untitled Batman Begins Sequel."

Ill wait for the others to give it away, but who would you want to see?

And why the heck are you nervous :lol:

I said no looking around, dammit! :p

I give up.

On IMDB it says: (rumored: Heath Ledger). That could work I suppose. I learned that he can actually act quite well from watching Brokeback Mountain.

*WEE! You won a washing machine on your own cost!*

Yeah, HEATH LEDGER IS THE DAMNED JOKER YOU FOLKS!

He has a very strong-set face. If he were a little thinner (I hate saying stuff like that, but it fits the role) the strong lines going down the sides of his mouth would look perfect. Just imagine him making his "Ennis Delmar chewing tobacco pensively" face, but with an evil grin instead of tobacco.

So, will i be the first to make the obvious BrokeBat mountain pun?

:D

I was tempted to edit my previous post to include the pun to make it look like you weren't but I thought why rob you of one of your few pleasures in life.

Then i'd just edit my post and insert "second" instead of first. ;)

No one remembers who was second to do anything though. The second person to use a lame pun on an internet forum is not an accolade many people would claim.

Ah, but i am but a modest man.

Seriously, though, i don't think Heath ledger is right for the role, but i'm prepared to wait and see, still sounds better than that Matrix revolutions chap they were also considering.

Which Matrix Revolutions chap?

Of course if I had read any Batman comics back before 1989 and then heard that Jack Nicholson was to play the Joker I probably would have thought him as wrong to play the part as I think Ledger is.

Lachy Hulme

You know him from : Well, Aussies know him best for his strong debut comedy “Let’s Get Skase”, from a few years back, but everyone else probably knows the Lachster best for his role in “The Matrix” movies, in which he played ‘Sparks’.

What does the scooper for Batman-on-film.com say about his chances? : “Lachy Hulme is on this list. He is not the “frontrunner” as many have suggested; he is the “dark horse.” WB is concerned about his lack of profile in the US, but they are keeping a very close eye on him. Hulme’s lack of profile could be remedied with two projects, MACBETH and an Australian comedy called BOYTOWN. The buzz for both films is very strong. Cillian Murphy landed his casting call for BATMAN BEGINS off the career boost 28 DAYS LATER gave him; likewise, Hulme only needs for one of these films to click. FYI: Hulme HAS met with the producers. He is the only actor not contracted for sequels to have done so.”

lachy_hulme_2.jpg

Was it based on Lachy, or just a general Joker rendering by him...?

Lee on The Joker--

"The most interesting thing about the Joker for me was always the mystery that surrounded the character. He is a bit like Hannibal Lector in the sense that it isn't so important in SILENCE OF THE LAMBS to know where he came from. It's what he IS that makes the character amazing. In many respects, The Joker is a serial killer. His profile fits perfectly and I'm really hoping that Nolan and Goyer play him more as such instead of going for the over the top, comedic opportunities they approached the Joker with in the 1989 BATMAN.

Visually, I like the idea of the character being played a lot darker and more disturbing as well. It's difficult to realistically explain why the guy would have a huge grin on his face all the time. This is why I came up with the idea to actually scar his face to mirror the Joker smile. I remember seeing some police photos of the Black Dhalia and being genuinely disturbed by how her face was cut to look like a killer smile. After all, if this character was truly a crazy maniac why wouldn't he do this to himself? Add a little smeared lipstick, white face paint, and purple eye-shadow and you have yourself one demented looking dude. I also gave him some scarring around the eyes to mirror clown makeup a little more. I don't know about you, but clowns have always been a bit scary to me (the John Wayne Gacey angle doesn't help). As far as clothing, maybe push the character a little more in the Tyler Durden direction. Give him a wardrobe that could be a little over the top but not look completely fabricated and silly.

I based this drawing on Lachy Hulme, a front-runner for the Joker right now, but I think it eventually turned out looking a bit more like Vincent Gallo."

http://batman-on-film.com/leebermejointerview.html

Cheers.

Isn't Bermejo doing a Joker miniseries, with Azzarello on the writing? Say hello to S.W. Manor, folks!

HAHA! We'll see how much us Batman fanboys will light up torches and grab pitchforks after that mini-series is completed.