hagren

Beyond A Joker

HAHA! We'll see how much us Batman fanboys will light up torches and grab pitchforks after that mini-series is completed.

I dunno, he did a pretty excellent job with Bermejo on his Lex Luthor miniseries, which I think this book is more likely to be in theme than Broken City.

I'm down for Ledger as the Joker. He's wasn't someone I thought they would choose, but he was great in Brokeback Mountain, and what with casting Cillian Murphy as the Scarecrow and Liam Neeson as Ra's, I don't have too much of a problem with them casting someone who doesn't fit the comics' idea of the Joker's physicality to a T.

Here's hoping.

I didnt think much of the Lex Luthor mini, it failed to set Lex up as a hero in his own eyes, plus it dealt with the Uber-Assasin from his run on Superman, so i think Joker migh touch up on Broken City after all. Or deal with his fave assasin, which bores me to tears.

I heard this mini is supposedly hapening at the same time as the events in Lex Luthor : MOS.

Ledger was awesome in Brokeback Mountain but I don't think he is an actor of great range. His character in the movie played straight to his strengths - the reserved, inexpressive face and strained line deliveries. I cannot see him pulling off a ridiculously extrovert role like The Joker. Arnie was perfect in The Terminator but that doesnt mean I would cast him as The Joker. Same way, Ledger was brilliant in Brokeback because it called to what he CAN do.

But, of course, I was mostly wrong about Brandon Routh so we'll see about this one.

Milica was all hyped to see him in Casanova, and since i couldn't be persuaded, she saw the flick alone, then bashed it to high heavens. I just giggled and muttered "Fellini, Fellini, Fellini..."

She's be better off watching the BBC tv version of Casanova which I thought was great and stars David Tennant who is the new Doctor Who.

I fully agree, that was a great series.

I've been trying to imagine it, but I can't see Heath Ledger as the Joker at all.

She's be better off watching the BBC tv version of Casanova which I thought was great and stars David Tennant who is the new Doctor Who.

I fully agree, that was a great series.

Ah, i watched that one, i think Tennant wasn't good looking wenough according to her tastes, so she couldn't imagine him being casanova.

I liked that series, especially since History channel showed it along with their documentary on Casanova, though the TV Casanova version was a bit too silly and cheeky at times.

His black manservant was brill, though. Who's that actor, anyone i might know from elsewhere? he seemed a bit familiar.

Yeah it was Shaun Parkes.

I first saw him in the film Human Traffic and then in the TV series version of Lock, Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels.

No Sean Penn then... :icon_cry:

Vincent Gallo would have been my second.

But I can see Ledger doing it though.

Wasn't a fan of Batman Begins.

But as long as David Goyer doesn't script this one, I'll be happy.

I'm not too entirely sure if he's scripting...

I know Nolan's brother is scripting the story based on Nolan's and Goyer's story, so I guess Brother Nolan is fleshing everything out from their notes.

Wasn't Nolan's brother the one who wrote the short story that memento was based on...?

Wasn't Nolan's brother the one who wrote the short story that memento was based on...?

That's right and he's also cowritten the screenplay of The Prestige which is Christopher Nolan's new movie.

The more I think about it, the more I see him as the Joker, honestly.

Ledgers receeding slightly and if you slick his hair back, that'll work visually.

Again it's the script that will make or break The Joker.

When I read Hagren's first post, I was thinking Keanu Reeves got the role of the Joker. Very sad time.

I agree that the Lex Luthor mini-series wasn't as great as everyone makes it out to be. It started out grand and quickly ran into the ground. I avoid Brian Azzarello comics anymore. The art was indeed lovely.

I agree that the Lex Luthor mini-series wasn't as great as everyone makes it out to be. It started out grand and quickly ran into the ground. I avoid Brian Azzarello comics anymore. The art was indeed lovely.

Yeah, Azzarello has a habit of that.

Perhaps with Heath Ledger as the Joker they will be reapplying the Batnipples and exploring the homo-erotic tension between Joker and Batman. :blink:

Seriously though, I don't care who they cast as long as they keep moving forward in terms of quality. The last film was good. Now if they can just keep getting better.

Makes me wonder - how many sequels to superhero movies have surpassed the first flick...?

X2, Superman 2, anything i'm missing...?