hagren

Beyond A Joker

Well who are the other villains from the comics who do have much in the way of non nerd recognition? As Mark says, the Penguin, The Riddler and Catwoman are the biggest three left who haven't been used yet, and one of those is deeply crap. In fact, I'd sooner almost anybody than The Riddler. Ras Al Ghul may not have much of a profile with non nerds, but a few of the more sfish characters are pretty high profile, even if they aren't quite that well known. Bane, Clayface and Killer Croc all spring to mind for a start.

Still, maybe they could drag Egghead out of the mothballs. There's plenty of American actors who can do a decent Vincent Price, after all...

Clayface and Mr Zsasz would be my first choices.

They'd have to do a bit of retconning to pull off the latter choice. Zsasz actually shows up in Batman Begins as a (very) minor villain. From what I recall, he's one of the inmates who break out of Arkham in the final act only to be subdued and recaptured.

This probably wouldn't stop them if they really really wanted to include Zsasz as a major character in the next movie. I think they only namechecked the character once or twice in Batman Begins.

Abhi's right - he's only onscreen in, like, two scenes, but he is there, and explicitly-named. It's just an easter egg for longterm fans, though - he never actually does anything plot-significant.

The first is during Scarecrow's introductory scene, where he declares Zsasz as mentally unfit as a favor to Falcone (Zsasz's boss). Still inconsequential, thought.

While I'd previously endorsed Black Mask and Catwoman, I suddenly realize I haven't read enough books with Black Mask in them to give that any reason.

So what some good arcs with Black Mask as a prominent villain?