hagren

Beyond A Joker

i watched batman begins yesterday and i must say i loved it.

I think it captured the character perfectly and that is this movie greatest achievement.

Where burton´s firsttwo batman movies where awesome visually, i think they failed in capturing the character,specially bruce wayne´s character.

Anyway i cant wait to see the sequel,and i think the people involved are facing a real challenge telling a story that has allready been told during the first batman movie(1989)

I just watched it yesertday, too!

Well, Dawson's Squeak girl compared to Michelle Pfeiffer - who can blame you.

I think it captured the character perfectly and that is this movie greatest achievement.

Where burton´s firsttwo batman movies where awesome visually, i think they failed in capturing the character,specially bruce wayne´s character.

Anyway i cant wait to see the sequel,and i think the people involved are facing a real challenge telling a story that has allready been told during the first batman movie(1989)

But dear Coralys what in the world did you think of it?

Well, Dawson's Squeak girl compared to Michelle Pfeiffer - who can blame you.

So that would somehow redeem Batman & Robin in the Uma front.

Wel,, her scenes WOULD make one sexy music video.

But dear Coralys what in the world did you think of it?

I thought that my thoughts were off topic.

I was very impressed by how realistic and believable they made it. Everything was so exciting that by the time he puts on the costume, we don't think it's unbelievable that a guy'll dress up like a bat to fight crime. I also thought that even though Christian Bale does not look like my idea of Bruce Wayne, he nailed the character so perfectly that I forgot about all that.

I'm really looking forward to the sequel.

I hopr you didn't fall for Jon's "Hole in the Popcorn Bag" trick!

...And having the Joker kill Bruce's parents is lame....

I still love the "I was only a kid, the night I killed your parents" bit from the movie.

I like that movie a lot, and I can understand why Hollywood would make that decision, but it does detract from the character of Bruce Wayne.

Toronto Sun:

Come January, he starts playing the Joker, in Christopher Nolan's next Batman film The Dark Knight. "It's definitely going to stump people. I think it'll be more along the lines of how the Joker was meant to be in the comics, darker and more sinister."

Also The Toronto Star:

I wouldn't have thought of me, either. But it's obviously not going to be what Jack Nicholson did. It's going to be more nuanced and dark and more along the lines of a Clockwork Orange kind of feel. Which is, I think, what the comic book was after: less about his laugh and more about his eyes.

By the way, the quotes are from/refer to Heath Ledger for anyone who's forgotten just who is playing the Joker.

hmm....

I would have thought the Joker from the original Batman movie could be comparable to someone from Clockwork Orange, as far as the character's "atmosphere".

Batman may be heading oop north, specifically to my home city:

TDK to film at Leeds?

Author: Jett

Wednesday, November 1, 2006 - 3:33 PM, 9:00 PM: A poster on the BOF FORUM says that there is scuttlebutt around the University of Leeds (located in the UK) that TDK may do some location filming there. The building of interest is said to be the Roger Stevens Building. Not much, but at least it's something...

Here's the building in question:

roger.jpg

It is. That picture's been on the Internet for years now. I think it's a Photoshop of Conrad Veidt, the man who played the guy in The Man Who Laughs.

Possibly...

TMWL.jpg