hagren

Beyond A Joker

These Batman movies are worryingly good, as attested by Spiderman and X-men's film making types-

Batinthesun

Two are over half an hour, that shows commitment.

Batman Dead End

Wet fucking Dream!

Spoiler- I spat out my tea in shock when the Alien arrived!

On the down side though, I dont get any of the Worlds greatest (or atleast methodical) martial artist here, and he should be hiding and posturing behind the cape more, chillingly composed.

With the short film's stances and composure he looked more like an East End pub brawler.

"'Av it!"

Hell even the Joker got the drop on him!

The grey undercostume works well in the comics, but it should be a little more charcoal here and definitely much thicker.

It is meant to be some sort of Kevlar right?

But it's still so much better than the actual film's gimp rubber suits.

The dialogue was bad, and the Joker was far too much, but there's some cracking and iconic imagery.

The bit where Batman rises from his leap and the cape drags and stretches in the rain was nothing but superb.

Tonally, it was perfect.

Visually, the best Batman to screen.

I loved the suit. It looked just like the Alex Ross paintings.

But, crucially, rather less shit.

I hate Alex Ross' Batman, I really do. Beautifully-rendered, of course, but Ross' insistence on making everything look 'realistic' robs the character of any mystery or presence - the character just looks like a middle-aged man in a slightly daft costume, the sort of guy you'd see dozens of at any decent-sized comics convention. Utterly devoid of that hard-to-define sensawunda which all good superhero art really, really needs.

I still think that Marvels is the only book where Ross' detailed-but-soulless style has really worked - the photojournalism angle means that the sterility of his photorealistic imagery actually plays to the strengths of the story, rather than sapping all the magic away from it.

Hurray!

Note that, unlike lots of people, I didn't actually mind her performance in the first film - Batman Begins had flaws, a few of them quite significant, but Holmes' character wasn't really one of them. But the character had run her course by the end of the story - after the final scene between the two of them, there was no real need for her to return for the sequel.

Hurray!

Note that, unlike lots of people, I didn't actually mind her performance in the first film - Batman Begins had flaws, a few of them quite significant, but Holmes' character wasn't really one of them. But the character had run her course by the end of the story - after the final scene between the two of them, there was no real need for her to return for the sequel.

I didnt mind her either much- But a change of scene is much obliged.

Hurray!

Was kind of hoping that she would dress up as Robin...

Did Cruise say no?

More infos:

Rachel Daws WILL be in the sequel, only not played by Holmes (Nonsense).

There wont be no penguin, but Harvey Dent (Not portrayed by Damon).

Its in pre-production since Jan. 11

Hurray!

Was kind of hoping that she would dress up as Robin...

Did Cruise say no?

Officially, she was busy with other projects ("Mad money", for instance), thus she refused the offer. Currently theyre searching for another actress.

Rachel Daws WILL be in the sequel, only not played by Holmes (Nonsense).

Well, that's shit. Hope they come to their senses before filming starts.

Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll just make it a tiny role to acknowledge the events of Begins and then move on swiftly.

Now the casting of Dent is going to be intriguing, who'd make a good Two Face?

Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll just make it a tiny role to acknowledge the events of Begins and then move on swiftly.

I remember reading something about Liev Schreiber being one of the possible candidates but it seems to be thats just heresay and rumourmongering.

Been thinking that Terrance Howard would make a pretty cool Harvey Dent, but he's attached to playing War Machine in the Iron Man film so I suppose that's out of the picture.

I remember reading something about Liev Schreiber being one of the possible candidates but it seems to be thats just heresay and rumourmongering.

I would actually love to see that. Schreiber looks just like Harvey in the Long Halloween book.

I was kind of hoping to see Kitty brutally Mangeled by the Joker... eh, can't have everything.

In the Two-Face department, I'm partial to Schrieber, Hugh Jackman, Guy Pearce, Ewan McGregor, maybe DiCaprio.