Guest spiderlegs

A poll about publishers

Pick the one you read most consistently.  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the one you read most consistently.

• DC
    • Marvel
    • Wildstorm
    • Vertigo
    • Dynamite
    • Dark Horse
    • IDW
    • Chaos
    • Top Cow
    • ABC
    • Spawn
    • Harvey
    • Fantagraphic
    • Diamond
    • Dreamwave
    • CPM
    • Bongo
    • Caliber
    • Action Planet
    • I can't think of any more, so etc. goes here and write in your answer below.

I still say by year end, Wildstorm will be the bomb. I'm sticking by my choice as the one person who picked WS.

They no longer have Moore, though, and Morrison and Ennis are both capable of churning out crap when the mood takes them.

I doubt Morrison will.

He's been on top form since leaving Marvel and coming back to DC.

Even something as disappointing as "Vinmanarama" was still superior to most mainstream books on the market.

A book like Authority is perfectly suited for Morrison's sensibilities.

I'll bet you that Ennis' book will be offensive and dull. But, it's pretty subjective, so while I might say, "I was right!", someone else may find it to be a mind-staggering work of sheer genius.

At which point, I'll stop talking to that person, but, well, you know....

Guest spiderlegs

Bastard!

But what if you like it? I mean, will you allow yourself to admit that? Or will you stubbornly cling to your pre-review no matter the love which you secretly feel about it?

I think you're an honest man who will admit when he's wrong...

...under the right type of administered medication. :ohmy:

:p

landsdale that's who wrote it,thanks for the assist lou.it's the only comic from that company i have ever read(not including that one shot gaiman wrote about tulips,if that too was avatar)and i say track it down,fun stuff.

landsdale that's who wrote it,thanks for the assist lou.it's the only comic from that company i have ever read(not including that one shot gaiman wrote about tulips,if that too was avatar)and i say track it down,fun stuff.

The horror writer? I liked his Jonah Hex stuff, but Blood And Shadows was appalling.

Could it be Dark Horse you're thinking of Christian? They've published a fair bit of Gaiman.

I'll try pretty much anything published through Vertigo, though the sheen on that particular brand has become more than a little tarnished over the last few years.

I'll try pretty much anything published through Vertigo, though the sheen on that particular brand has become more than a little tarnished over the last few years.

Have you heard about this latest repackaging of the Sandman they're doing? One wonders why the devil they didn't fix the colouring back when they first started collecting the series: I know for a fact that they corrected some of the lettering for the first couple of collections.

Well, wonder no more - this way you shell out for the first few trades all over again (Gaiman?).

Well, wonder no more - this way you shell out for the first few trades all over again (Gaiman?).

Three (expensive) hardbacks reprinting all of it, apparently.

So they'll be like 1000 pages each? How do you even read that? I bet they'll release a pedestal that you need to buy to set them on. Or a chain.

So they'll be like 1000 pages each? How do you even read that? I bet they'll release a pedestal that you need to buy to set them on. Or a chain.

The first one is apparently the first twenty issues, which is still a slimmer book than Ulysses. One would assume at least one of the following collections will be fatter, though, unless they're planning to skip fifteen episodes (which, depending on the episodes in question, might not be a bad idea).

Three (expensive) hardbacks reprinting all of it, apparently.

Will they also (super)oversize them, as well?

I'll bet it's Ultimates.

You are correct Sir.

So once every year then?

And when Jeph Loeb and Joe Made-whatsit take over?

Stan Lee asks what then?

Then they kill hawkeye, so Keeyah can go back to reading about Arsenal and Green Arrow.

Arsenal hasn't appeared yet One Year Later.

And if they take Hawkeye out of Ultimates I will have a tantrum.

Not that I can remember what is going on in Ultimates. I actually forget that it's on my list until it arrives about once every leap year.

Ah, Mia The AIDSless Wonder? D'you think they'll cure her anytime soon?