Sign in to follow this  
JohnMcMahon

Talking to a snake made of socks - Alan Moore

I love you, cunning man.

Black Fortress of Slayers

Krull?

(That's some mad nerd skills, sir! Kudos!)

Thanks for the kind words, gents.

Also, you have two super computers in KITT & VICI, that could hack they enemies systems.

I wanted Zero Cool in my 90s movie League (along with Peyton Westlake and Buffy Summers) but they were all I could think of. It's a really desolate decade. And I've already used a vampire slayer.

Aren't you practically blind when you're born?

I don't think so. I've never had any kids myself, but I'm told we're one up on most of the other mammals over that one.

Other baby mammals have better senses of smell to help them navigate their world, of course. Humans would be totally lost and helpless without any sight at birth.

One of my first memories of TV was watching Mork & Mindy. I'd have been a bit young when the show premiered, so it must have been later into the series' run, at least second season.

As did I, until I double-checked.

Interesting side-note: Mork & Mindy was on the TV in the hospital room when I was born. So, it's highly likely that Robin Williams was one of the first humans (playing an alien that is) I saw/heard as I entered this world.

That is exactly the sort of thing I come here hoping to read. Was you mum laughing at Mork like "No, stop it, it hurts when I laugh"?.

<---- Born 3 years before the country had a national broadcasting system. :P

I remember the days before color television. The movies were in color in the mid-60s, but TV wasn't in color until 1965, and most people in our neighborhood held on to their BW consoles until the late 60s. So my first memories of watching Star Trek, Wild Wild West, Family Affair and Bewitched are all in black and white. It confused the hell out of my tiny toddler brain when a show would come on, like "The FBI-in COLOR" and it would still be black and white because our tv was black and white. Some of you whippersnappers probably never even watched a black and white tv, or even saw one that worked even. We didn't get our first color TV until I was in 1st grade.

I asked a parent, while babies aren't born blind, they have really blurry vision and are extremely nearsighted which is one of the reasons they bond with their mother so well, because she's always in the baby's face. A father can get almost as close (without the udders) with his baby by putting his face close to the baby's face in the first couple of months. By the 3rd month, their vision gets better as they start seeing things that aren't right in their face all the time. I wish I could remember a tit as big or bigger than my head though. That would be something else. I probably wasn't breastfed because i didn't know my mom. My aunt raised me.

That explains things very nicely!. lol, joking dude. Wasn't there a whole period there in the USA where majority of women didn't breast feed at all?.

When I was a kid, they used to have black and white TV only during the day, except for two hours at night, when the news and current affairs and maybe one programme would be colour.

Nothing to do with Mork, but I have just got hold of a copy of Brought To Light for a fiver. I've never seen a copy of that one on any of the second hand sites or catalogues, so I'm hoping I haven't been diddled.

It's pretty rare, yeah. It's a good find and a good deal...even without Moore writing Mork.

I had to get mine on a disc sent from Rogan, because I was unable to find copies for sale anywhere back when I was looking, and I doubt there are more copies floating around today.

Looking for a price, it seems to be worth $30 in near-mint, but that's if you can find a copy.

I'm sure when one does pop up, the seller gouges the price even more, due to the rarity.

It's also a really good read. You know, the things in it have been reported before. A lot of these super-patriot dupes and followers of "mainstream" media would probably be shocked and appalled by it (and probably appalled in a different way than you or I are), but the information isn't new. Still, Moore did a good job of presenting the material in a creative and unique format.

Thanks Christian. It isn't one I've ever seen anywhere either.

Mine isn't quite near mint, but it's in pretty good shape. After a quick look at abebooks and ebay, I don't think I've been diddled, at least. (Mind you, the guy who's asking £75 as starting bid for a copy is probably taking the piss...)