mima

New Constantine Photos

Is that Gavin with a suit in the pic with Keanu. Also that one pic with Angie and the computer looks almost exactly like the scene from Warren Ellis' 'Shoot' which is probably just a coincidence.

How wonderful, the picture of whatshername walking away from the slightly out of focus ornate Catholic whateveritis.

I'd love to see the movie get honest and include that Ennis segment where John rants at the priest and ends with "...this bollocks!" and shakes the Bible in his face. :D

Josh, Josh, Josh.

You're just not thinking outside the box, can't you see what an improvement on the character it is to have him be a practising Roman Catholic?

Have you no vision?

Yaaay! I love them. Though I wanted Balthazar to wear that silly suit he was wearing in Dangerous Habits (that Spanish one) This is terrible, he looks like a drugsdealer.

The mugshot Rachel has on her PC looks fine though. Keanu's facial expression on the right one reminded me of JC. That's at least something :happy:

Some of these pics are set pix right? If not, I don't know what they're about.

Ow then I mean the other one. I never get that! Who's Balthazar and who's The First and there's also another one...Can you explain?

Btw Club -Keanu has the TRL clip and a link to an interview with Keanu about the film.

Balthazar is a character invented by the film makers while they were thinking outside the box.

He has never appeared in the book.

The character in film that is closest to The First is, Lucifer.

Not to be confused with the Lucifer that HB writer, Mike Carey also writes a comic about. That's a completely different character.

Though I wanted Balthazar to wear that silly suit he was wearing in Dangerous Habits

Sounds like you're thinking of Harry Constantine from Fear & Loathing.

Hmz no. I meant the guy that came to send Brendan to hell in Dangerous Habits. I've always thought he was going to be played by Gwen Stefani's hubby. But that character is still in the box, I guess.

Do you know a funny thing of my country. The editors who rule over the distribution of Hellblazer haven't release Dangerous Habits. Everybody says that it's the best story of all arcs in the collection, but they don't sell it.

Why?

Dunno.

Speaking about the photos, I'd like to comment that End of Days screenshot, the one in which they changed the Gobernator for a cutie girl. And that one inside John Doe's room (in Se7en), and in the Showgirls' pub.

As long as I see, the film's made by pieces of other films!

Maybe they took the original sreenshots and added the actors with a computer, it's a way of saving like any other...

I had completely expected Balthazar to look like FotF, so I am rather impressed with the look they've given him.

I also like that pic of Angela in church, but then I always did like that scene ...

Constantine%20(4).jpg

EndOfDays_ChurchInside.jpg

LA plays NYC - from the popular occult action thriller End of Days, wherein a chap with the initials JC foils yet another infernal Apocalypse plot !

http://www.seeing-stars.com/Locations/2000LocationsEOD.shtml

End of days is the most insanely horrible dribble I've seen in a LONG time. It had 3 saving graces:

1. Gabriel Byrne as the devil

2. Some nice CGI

3. Arnold Schwrzenegger DIES AT THE END![/color]

I also like that pic of Angela in church, but then I always did like that scene ...

Constantine%20(4).jpg

Ade, thanks for that link. Yesterday I've been trying to find out at which church that scene was filmed, because I really love the kitschy interior.

How cool, it's open to the public as well. If I ever make it to LA, it's definitely on my must-see list. (Not that I'm a Catholic, I just love beautiful places of worship...)

Josh, Josh, Josh.

You're just not thinking outside the box, can't you see what an improvement on the character it is to have him be a practising Roman Catholic?

Have you no vision?

I'm having visions of the Counter-Reformation right now. 8-)

TiR's box seems to contain creativity and exclude schlock, formulae and cliches.

Constantine%20(4).jpg

Ade, thanks for that link. Yesterday I've been trying to find out at which church that scene was filmed, because I really love the kitschy interior.

How cool, it's open to the public as well. If I ever make it to LA, it's definitely on my must-see list. (Not that I'm a Catholic, I just love beautiful places of worship...)

Then instead visit Rome. Has the greatest Catholic churches ever and they have millions. And it's closer to holland.