Tony B.

New DC All-Star Title,

Is that last paragraph an ominous hint about who's getting the "All-Star" treatment after W.W.?

Supes, Bats, W.W., and Sandman....the most iconic characters in comics.

I can't wait for "All-Star Sandman"!

Realistically, I should just post all my remarks directly to the Forum Quotes thread, and then you lot can track them back to the threads they relate to.

:D

all star has been called dc's answer to the ultimate line,if and when they have an all star justice league,i'm not even joking when i say they should call it all stars as a big fuck you to marvel.that would give me a laugh.

Remember when the Justice Society got rechristened the All-Star Squadron?

I thought Alex Ross' Justice League series was the All-Star Justice League?

Am I wrong?

Really, they all do, except All-Star Superman.

All-Star Batman sounded like a good idea, with a big name creator, but that ended up being awful.

All the other All-Star books just seem so mundane.

All-Star Superman has the big name creator, the awesome ideas, and exemplifies what the All-Star line was supposed to represent.

All-Star Superman has the big name creator, the awesome ideas, and exemplifies what the All-Star line was supposed to represent.

That team is untouchable. probably the best writer/artist combo in the industry if you ask me.

Quitely is the ONLY artist I will buy a book for. I follow many writers, and I need decent graphics in my books, but not to the point of forking over the money for pretty pictures.

Johns is not at the all star level that guys like Miller and Morrison are. Not even close. My dad knows who Frank Miller is and my non-comic collecting friends at work know who Morrison is cos I push his books on them.

Johns is not at the all star level that guys like Miller and Morrison are. Not even close. My dad knows who Frank Miller is and my non-comic collecting friends at work know who Morrison is cos I push his books on them.

Well, quite.

Look, in terms of actual quality, the notion that Johns is on the same level as Morrison or Miller bugs me too. But, commercially-speaking, he is. He just is - no argument. He's one of the most popular writers of superhero comics currently working in the industry, and the fact that you and I think Morrison is vastly superior doesn't make that any less true.

All Star Wonder Woman makes sense. They have to tackle the big three, right?

Now Grant Morrison on All Star Green Lantern would be the fucking business.

Well, quite.

Look, in terms of actual quality, the notion that Johns is on the same level as Morrison or Miller bugs me too. But, commercially-speaking, he is. He just is - no argument. He's one of the most popular writers of superhero comics currently working in the industry, and the fact that you and I think Morrison is vastly superior doesn't make that any less true.

heh

I always took the concept of "All-Star" to mean veteran or iconic.

Hence, choosing Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman as your first three All-Star comics.

In that sense, a man who pioneered comics as we know them today in Frank Miller and a man who came into comics as part of the "invasion" that also brought us Neil Gaiman are far more suited to write these books than a guy who just started in the industry recently.

It may be a misunderstanding of the term "All Star", especially since thay are doing an All-Star Batgirl now.

But, I didn't think "All-Star" meant "HOT".