JohnMcMahon

Lee Bermejo

and a fine artist too! I loved that two parter he illustrated...

apparently he's been drafted by Mike Mignola as artist for the new Hellboy mini series (that's right, Mignola isn't doing the art himself).

I really dug the covers he did for Gotham Knights awhile back. A great looking Batman. And yes his issues of Hellblazer are two of my favorites.

Yeah -

That's Lee's new girl, Sara. I had to look twice at that photo because I took one very similar to it in Lucca a month ago. Lee moved over here to Italy along with Jim Lee and maybe one or two of the other Wildstorm guys while Jim was having his house in San Diego remodeled and restored. It was a good time for Lee to get the fuck out having just gone through a miserable divorce (at the tender age of 25). Well Lee baby struck gold and after a few months here he met Sara. She's really great, a wonderful girl. And guess what people, he ain't coming back (do you blame him?). First time I met her was at last San Diego, then we all hung out a lot over the big fat Lucca comics and games expo recently. I'll have to post those pix to John.

Lee looks so awesome with that beard, like a fucking movie star or something, alas, he shaved it off. Well anyway, as most of you know, Lee is a good friend of mine and I was one of many who lobbied heavily (not that he needed it) to get him in the pages of Hellblazer. As it happens I spoke to Lee in Lucca about you guys and how much support there is here for Lee to come back and visit our favorite Con man. As I've said before, Lee loves Hellblazer, loves Constantine, and would love to come back and do an issue or two. Yes, it's true he's doing Hellboy (a dream come true for him) but, the way those are scheduled (Lee tells me), there may be room to fit in some Hellblazer if we can time it right. So it is possible that Berme-HO will be back with us in the not to distant future. Keep yer fingers and toes crossed.

Incidentally, this picture looks like it was taken in San Diego California at a bar called The Top Of The Hyatt, which any SD con-goer knows very well. It overlooks the bay with a terrific view of the Pacific from like 45 floors up.

Cheers/Ciao

- TB

Thanks for the insight, Tim! Nice to hear that there's a good chance we'll see more of his artwork on the pages of HB...

In the unlikely event that I should ever meet you, I owe you a pint.

Get Chris Brunner back in a regular/recurring backup artist slot and you can have my firstborn.

God, I don't plan to have that many children. He'll have to make do with a pack of dry-roast peanuts for that one.

Bermejo on Hellblazer would be sweet.

Can't wait to check out what he's doing for Hellboy.

I've been drinking for abour six hours buttttt....

lucca_2004_05.JPG

"Who is stranger, Bradstreet (left), or the fan with the Ronnie James Dio

haircut?"

This is being posted on the understannding that Tim is coming over to Bristol 2005.

Hey wait, that's me on the right!

Fuck, John . . . You'd think I was the one who'd been getting drunk to the tits.

I am not, I repeat, AM NOT the one with the Dio hairdoo.

That guy is most definitely Italian.

'Sides, where would he get an SD Padres hat?

- TB

Hey wait, that's me on the right!

Fuck, John . . . You'd think I was the one who'd been getting drunk to the tits.

Heheh, yes Johnny poo - that's why I refer to myself as being the problem.

My mistake, admittedly so.

So Bristol eh? Love to come. Do those chaps ever fly in any guests? Only way I could justify it at present. Unless I could find me a cheap ticket.

More oddball pics onna way guv.

- TB