Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Comics news 2006-7

I figured it was about time we had a general thread for miscellaneous announcements, gossip, upcoming attractions/titles, and the like. So, here's one now.

It was prompted by this page over at Newsarama - in a classic case of "First He giveth, then He taketh away", it looks like I'll finally be getting the full-colour, hardback reprints of Jack Kirby's compete New Gods saga for which I've been longing lo, these many years. Hurrah! :laugh:

However, in a not-even-remotely-surprising-to-anyone-who-remembers-the-first-two-volumes turn of events, it seems that the upcoming League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen: Black Dossier, which had been solicited for October, has been delayed indefinitely, because O'Neill hasn't finished drawing it yet. Hurrooh! :angry:

However, in a not-even-remotely-surprising-to-anyone-who-remembers-the-first-two-volumes turn of events, it seems that the upcoming League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen: Black Dossier, which had been solicited for October, has been delayed indefinitely, because O'Neill hasn't finished drawing it yet. Hurrooh! :angry:

Bah! :angry:

(a well underused expression, "bah!"; must use it more often)

The good thing about this delay is that I don't need to worry about splashing out for two huge Moore hardback collections in the same month (I'll be picking up Lost Girls while I'm in the UK at the start of October). The downside is...well, rather obvious.

Probably end up being an unofficial Newsarama thread this but Joe Quesada announced a load of Marvel News over there....

* Alan Davis has renewed his Marvel exclusive deal and will be returning to Clan Destine.

* Marvel will be publishing a line of comic adaptations of classic books like Last Of The Mohicans.

* Nova gets his own ongoing.

* Marvel will be publishing comics about Guiding Light, some US soap.

* Spider-Man gets another event (poor motherfucker).

* JMS writes the new Thor ongoing.

* Dabel Brothers will publish their line through Marvel now.

* Joss Whedon's the new writer on Runaways.

Couple of other little bits in the link provided up above.

I'll be picking up Lost Girls while I'm in the UK at the start of October

According to Rich (over on the V), Lost Girls has been delayed in the UK due to some legal problems so you might not be able to find it when you're over.

According to Rich (over on the V), Lost Girls has been delayed in the UK due to some legal problems so you might not be able to find it when you're over.

I have a man on the insAde who's apparently already taken care of that.

This reader heartily endorses this thread. It's coincidental... yesterday I was going to post asking where y'all got your news from, but I cancelled it because I couldn't be arsed visiting news sites anyway. And now here's everything I could need, right here in t' forum. :) Presumably this is all part of the management's uber-plan to ensure we never leave the website.

Mark, cheers for the Black Dossier update, another thing I was going to look up. Have you seen Scarlet Traces?

Bah! :angry:

(a well underused expression, "bah!"; must use it more often)

Not to be confused with the more contemptuous — and indeed spittier — "pah!".

the Black Dossier being delayed sucks monkey balls, but much, much worse is the fact that the dutch importer of US comics is apparently at odds with Fantagraphics, which means I haven't seen any of their non-ISBN coded comics for a couple of months now. :angry:

I have a man on the insAde who's apparently already taken care of that.

Ah yes, the man with the only two copies of Lost Girls in the UK.

He's cool.

Actually Chris Staros is coming over for ComICA with Alan Moore and Melinda Gebbie on 12/10, when are you in town ?

mouseguard hardcover spring 2007.i figured it went over well in these parts,so i would repeat what i just heard,should be decent.

I still need #2.

It's nice.

Actually Chris Staros is coming over for ComICA with Alan Moore and Melinda Gebbie on 12/10, when are you in town ?

Fucksticks - we're there from the 29th September until the 8th October.

The next All-Star book has been announced.

It will be All-Star Batgirl written by Geoff Jones.

Whoa! Whoa! Don't get so excited everyone!

Does that come out before or after the All-Star Wonderwoman?

No. I have no idea what Jason is talking about.

All-Star Batgirl will be coming out very shortly after they start All-Star Wonder Woman.

Just like All-Star Superman came out very shortly after they started All-Star Batman.

No. I have no idea what Jason is talking about.

When will All-Star Northstar be coming out?

anyone want my copy of issue one lemme know,i'm all about the hardcover anyway.

Issue one of what?

A pre-emptive yes from Tony. Dibs!

tony b,i was talking about the first issue of mouse guard.damn good book,but i have my heart set on the hardcover so send me a personal message or response post if interested.

you pay the postage.